X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 13we2
    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    You mean in person? There is plenty online, if you know where to look.
    Looks like they were talking about pieces that didn't make it to production at all, which is plenty (I've always found it hard to agree to the unanimous view held by this community that most Boris pieces in the showroom will be mass produced, did you know they have 300-400 different sample pieces each season?)

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
      Looks like they were talking about pieces that didn't make it to production at all, which is plenty (I've always found it hard to agree to the unanimous view held by this community that most Boris pieces in the showroom will be mass produced, did you know they have 300-400 different sample pieces each season?)
      blame the stores for not buying something different, that is not really the fault of BBS...
      I said it earlier as well, there was an extended range of things in the showroom and the buys of this particular season might not reflect the show as much as it could potentially (opinion). This time the showroom pieces and the season items were sort of separated by looks. usually its all mixed together.
      This particular season had a lot of new things that have not been seen before so perhaps the stores will buy into some of that, who knows only time will tell...
      Last edited by TriggerDiscipline; 07-16-2017, 12:30 PM. Reason: cleanup
      Originally posted by unwashed
      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
      Originally posted by Ahimsa
      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
        Yes, I did know that :-)
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• falkenauge
          • Nov 2015

How come we never see (more and detailed) images from these showroom pieces? Is taking pictures not allowed and if so, why is that?

It's such a shame that most people can't enjoy these 300-400 samples pieces - even just by looking at pictures.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

In general photos are not allowed in the showroom. Sorry to disappoint.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkart
              • Jun 2011

As I know this season SS18 is one of the laziest season of his. A lot of pieces just reintroduction of old pieces. Black and white colors are not available for most of the styles shown in runway, for example the overcoat which has half removable sleeves only comes in ashy pink and military green. New vest bag is not produced in black or white. They tend to choose washed grey or military green this season.

Comment

• Arkady
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by darkart View Post
                As I know this season SS18 is one of the laziest season of his. A lot of pieces just reintroduction of old pieces. Black and white colors are not available for most of the styles shown in runway, for example the overcoat which has half removable sleeves only comes in ashy pink and military green. New vest bag is not produced in black or white. They tend to choose washed grey or military green this season.
                Of all the things people have called Boris, "lazy" might be one of the more delusional.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                  • Sep 2010

^^Definitely agree. You'd have to be brain dead not to notice all the details and work that goes into any BBS collection, including this one. There's nothing "lazy" about any of the work he does.

Comment

• negroygris
                    • Aug 2013

darkbydesign I once was in love with Boris work and then I began to gravitate away due to personal beliefs, a change in aesthetic and the love for other artists works. But Boris is by far the best craftsman there is out right now in his own realm, having the ability to incorporate metals, hides, treatments, textiles into garments whilst storytelling is definitely not lazy, So i agree with you and Arkady

Even if Boris is doing reintroductions of pieces, it takes a lot of work to have a consistency in a collection, master precision for object dying, fabric treatments, pattern making, hand stitching, etc. In my opinion his new work is refreshing, so refreshing I am beginning to love it again.
                    We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Comment

• julian_doe
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by negroygris View Post
                      darkbydesign I once was in love with Boris work and then I began to gravitate away due to personal beliefs, a change in aesthetic and the love for other artists works. But Boris is by far the best craftsman there is out right now in his own realm, having the ability to incorporate metals, hides, treatments, textiles into garments whilst storytelling is definitely not lazy, So i agree with you and Arkady

Even if Boris is doing reintroductions of pieces, it takes a lot of work to have a consistency in a collection, master precision for object dying, fabric treatments, pattern making, hand stitching, etc. In my opinion his new work is refreshing, so refreshing I am beginning to love it again.
                      May I ask, what "personal beliefs" you could have had which made you "gravitate" away from his work?

Comment

• negroygris
                        • Aug 2013

julian_doe I once lost faith in fashion, specially in that realm of design. I transitioned then to focus more into cinema and art instead, but we as humans we always are so critical and we forget that clothing is one of the most detailed and complicated forms of art. So seeing Boris's newer collections, made me realized that there is so much more I had not seen before.
                        We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Comment

• julian_doe
                          • Mar 2013

julian_doe I once lost faith in fashion, specially in that realm of design. I transitioned then to focus more into cinema and art instead, but we as humans we always are so critical and we forget that clothing is one of the most detailed and complicated forms of art. So seeing Boris's newer collections, made me realized that there is so much more I had not seen before.
                          Hi, negroygris.

Fair enough, thank you for replying. I can honestly say that I felt the same way until SS 18.

Comment

• negroygris
                            • Aug 2013

julian_doe For me it was F/w 17 that struck me and this collection as well. Personally I am not a huge fan of S/S collections, i rather prefer F/W collections, but the fact that he included heavier pieces for an S/S collection proves to me he really understands the market, all retailers get S/S in early spring, and living in the North i can tell you it's a great business strategy, to target cunsumers whilst breaking the rules of "what one should wear in the current season".

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Comment

• julian_doe
                              • Mar 2013

julian_doe For me it was F/w 17 that struck me and this collection as well. Personally I am not a huge fan of S/S collections, i rather prefer F/W collections, but the fact that he included heavier pieces for an S/S collection proves to me he really understands the market, all retailers get S/S in early spring, and living in the North i can tell you it's a great business strategy, to target cunsumers whilst breaking the rules of "what one should wear in the current season".
                              negroygris, I agree that it is a great business strategy. I wonder, however, if Boris meant for it to be a business strategy, or if he prefers to adhere to other means of inspiration for each collection aside from seasons (cold weather/hot weather clothes). He has obviously done this in the past, as he used a cold color palette and heavy outerwear during Subsphere (for example)

To be honest, I haven't been as impressed with a collection since Symbiosism.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

It's not really a business strategy. It's more like IDGAF strategy. If Boris sees a fabric he loves, he will make something out of it and put it in his upcoming collection, seasonality be damned.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎