• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Yohji Yamamoto SS 2018, Paris

Photos: http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/s...how/collection
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG
  • goldsamxo
    • Jan 2017

The cloak-like jacket from look 38 may be my favorite piece from this season. Absolutely beautiful, and looks so sensual with the fabrics / picture. Amazing show by Yamamoto-san, probably my favorite of the season all-around.
    Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
    Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• Erich Fromm
      • May 2017

What do you guys think about his painted leather jackets? The motorcycle jackets he did with Dainese and some of his older painted jackets are quite popular, but they are quite boring imo. I actually quite like the way the leather jackets are styled this time around, but the pieces themselves feel too vanilla.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Erich Fromm View Post
        What do you guys think about his painted leather jackets? The motorcycle jackets he did with Dainese and some of his older painted jackets are quite popular, but they are quite boring imo. I actually quite like the way the leather jackets are styled this time around, but the pieces themselves feel too vanilla.
        those jackets cost a fortune, I do not think the average person (or even store will stock any)can buy them I am talking like more expensive than ma+ in the haydays, This collection was a little bit more expensive than Fall Winter in a sense, the collection was incredibly strong. A lot of Buddhist themes in this collection, but it looks like it has been received extremely well within the Japanese market. There was a little less than usual but everything was a bit more cleaned up than usual, and there is Cherevi collaboration shoes still for anyone interested. two derby styles. It is an incredibly nice collection, some of the embroidery work pieces were some of the strongest, the silk pieces are probably more impressive in person.
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• negroygris
          • Aug 2013

TriggerDiscipline What's the retail like of those jackets? I know you live in Asia, have you been able to see any of these pieces in person? What kind of leather does YY use on them that makes them so special? I'm not going to lie they definitely have made me consider integrating perfecto's into my wardrobe once again.
          We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by negroygris View Post
            TriggerDiscipline What's the retail like of those jackets? I know you live in Asia, have you been able to see any of these pieces in person? What kind of leather does YY use on them that makes them so special? I'm not going to lie they definitely have made me consider integrating perfecto's into my wardrobe once again.
            yeah I was in the showroom yesterday and was there for a long time, I'm not sure what the foreign prices are but I'd assume 9k? 10k? It's half that here. The leather isn't anything special in my opinion and it's cow, not sure if there was horse I need to double check it.
            Originally posted by unwashed
            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
            Originally posted by Ahimsa
            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• negroygris
              • Aug 2013

TriggerDiscipline To be honest, YY uses beautiful hides and even though they are not extremely treated like BBS's or _7's leathers, his pieces last decades. In my opinion quality wise his hides are TOP shelf. But sometimes that 9k to 10k retail is a little overboard, on the other hand I have to say YY never has a bad collection and that continuity and being a master at making garments, really justifies the 9k. If i had it and if i was at the show and felt at first hand what I felt through this video, I would probably buy.
              We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎