• Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Veronique Branquinho Closes Again

I actually hate to see this.........
    this industry is no kind to smaller companies at all

Veronique Branquinho is the latest designer to file for bankruptcy
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock
  • negroygris
    • Aug 2013

zamb Really sad news, this is not only because of the recession, it is also because the consumer has been educated to consumed fast fashion. The right to know what actual design is vs trendy clothing has been integrated in the industry. Buyers and consumers make this industry, sadly the direction of fashion has affected many smaller business as such, leading to bankruptcy.
    We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Comment

• Lohikaarme
      • Jul 2013

Friday 29 May 2009
      Whaaa

Comment

• syed
        • Sep 2010

^ http://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-...atus-10920488/

“Veronique Branquinho has decided to put her namesake label on hiatus, with the [fall 2017] show being its last for now"

I think it has been a tough sell, simply because of the way her label was framed this time around - it was more middle market in approach because of Gibo right? And I do not think that is where she shines (unlike Theyskens with Theory, which was surprisingly good).
        "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Theyskens Theory was terrible and a huge setback to his career.
          A couturier like him should have never gone middle market

Comment

• syed
            • Sep 2010

I think it was a terrible choice for his career, but for what it was, ie. Theory customers, I thought it was nice.
            "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

the whole industry seems to be in a really big mess right now with the designers making the ugliest clothes having the most influence.

well the brand is no more, and he relaunched his eponymous line to mixed acclaim, lets see how it develops.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by syed View Post
                ^ http://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-...atus-10920488/

“Veronique Branquinho has decided to put her namesake label on hiatus, with the [fall 2017] show being its last for now"

I think it has been a tough sell, simply because of the way her label was framed this time around - it was more middle market in approach because of Gibo right? And I do not think that is where she shines (unlike Theyskens with Theory, which was surprisingly good).
                I don't think so. I actually did not see the prices, but it didn't seem that way. I just think they did not market it right and the buyers simply did not seem interested. I did not see VB in a single store since the label's relaunch.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• negroygris
                  • Aug 2013

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                  the whole industry seems to be in a really big mess right now with the designers making the ugliest clothes having the most influence.

well the brand is no more, and he relaunched his eponymous line to mixed acclaim, lets see how it develops.

I couldn't agree more, these designers not only are ruining the industry but using the advantage of celebrity exposure to sell their shitty poorly made clothes, sadly I am hurt when I begin to see the fruit of such extortion. Also, the fact that these designers claim to be Artists makes my blood boil simply because they have no artistry whatsoever. Furthermore, whilst industry idolizes these designers to me it seems futile, they have no idea of what kind of damage they are doing to the industry.

Let's hope that soon enough there will be a change in the coming years, for the small businesses and the true designers.
                  We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎