Thread: Colette Paris closing

Default Colette Paris closing

Haven't seen this posted here somewhere yet or might have missed it?
    Article here. This is/was one of my go-to shops along with L'Eclaireur among a few others every time I visited Paris. Kind of sad they'll close, it was always interesting just browsing there...

Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Haven't seen this posted here somewhere yet or might have missed it?
    Was definitely discussed somewhere, can't remember where tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    it was always interesting just browsing there...
    Yes, but I also never did anything else there, ie. never bought a single thing. Surely good this existed, but I for one won't be missing it much...
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

I am far from lamenting its closure, as those of who read my "Oh, no, where will the fashion tourists by their trinkets now?" FB post saw. It was unquestionably a great store for many years, but it's really descended into some kind of a Disneyland. Some questions abound, especially why wouldn't they just sell it? Maybe they weren't making enough money, contrary to hundreds of people buying magazines. I know HNWI who wanted to buy fashion on the second floor, the one no one goes to, and she was repeatedly told that it's sold out. Then why keep it on the dress forms?

I know of now person who would not want to sell a successful business, especially one with such a brand. Fuuma told me that apparently in Paris your lease can be transferred for money, like clubs do with football players, so it would make sense if Sarah got a nice chunk of change from Kering just for that and decided to call it quits.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine