• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shadowvault
    • Oct 2014

Coats over leather jackets

Hey guys,
    its that time of the year again that im looking to get a leather jacket since i sold my last one. Im in this game for a very little time.I got my first good jacket around 2 years ago. My problem is that most of those jackets (i had a julius one which was pretty thin and a RO stooges which was thicker) are not suited for really cold weather (lets say 10 to -5 degrees Celsius). So it is all nice and cool in the autumn but when winter comes that is a totally different story.
    That got me thinking: what if i get a coat that i can put over my jacket (since wearing hoodies and stuff like that is not really an option when you have a really thin jacket.those jackets are supposed to look like 2nd skin)? But is this really an option? I havent seen many fits pics of that style. I also guess that this depends on the cut of both items.
    So do you have any recommendations on combinations that could maybe work ?(plus fit pics if available) Or is this a NO-NO ?
    P.S. ye ofc i could buy a really really thick coat and a lighter one and 3 different jackets depending on the weather but the budget is low XD
  • beyondthemeans
    • Sep 2008

I have never seen anyone pull off a look where they worn a coat over a leather jacket, that did look good and not very GQ/#menswear. I would suggest buying a proper coat for winter and get a leather on sale at the end of the season or when the new spring collections come out (and you can actually wear it).

Otherwise maybe invest in a leather that you can wear something under?

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
      I have never seen anyone pull off a look where they worn a coat over a leather jacket, that did look good and not very GQ/#menswear. I would suggest buying a proper coat for winter and get a leather on sale at the end of the season or when the new spring collections come out (and you can actually wear it).

Otherwise maybe invest in a leather that you can wear something under?
      huh have you ever seen boris bidjan saberi ?
      Originally posted by unwashed
      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
      Originally posted by Ahimsa
      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Shadowvault
        • Oct 2014

Here is one example that i think worked.But it was in the best Julius collection so... :P

And Eusebi here

P.S. I whish i could find this one that Mr.Horikawa wears but i think it never went into production exactly as it is here

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
          • Apr 2013

I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
            • Apr 2013

it was made into production (although im only 80% sure that this is the same leather piece)

Comment

• Shadowvault
              • Oct 2014

thanks for the info
              Last edited by Shadowvault; 09-11-2017, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

It's certainly doable, and I LOVE the look when it's done right. It won't work if the leather is too stiff and thick though. I think the best way is a leather shirt a-la Carpe Diem or m.a.+. I have this big felted wool vest from Boris Bidjan Saberi that in the winter I wear over my Undercover perfecto or over my DRKSHDW denim with leather sleeves jacket and it looks fucking badass, if I may say so myself.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                  • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  It's certainly doable, and I LOVE the look when it's done right. It won't work if the leather is too stiff and thick though. I think the best way is a leather shirt a-la Carpe Diem or m.a.+. I have this big felted wool vest from Boris Bidjan Saberi that in the winter I wear over my Undercover perfecto or over my DRKSHDW denim with leather sleeves jacket and it looks fucking badass, if I may say so myself.
                  I usually wear my leathers under my parka2/parkas as well.

Comment

• Shadowvault
                    • Oct 2014

Thank you guys. If you ever wear those please post a fitpic #curious
                    Last edited by Shadowvault; 09-11-2017, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎