Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DudleyGray
    • Jul 2013

Bringing you the latest Supreme news, collections, and everything you need to know about the brand.

Hilarious, I love it.
    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Nickefuge
      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by stagename View Post
      You could take this to the instagram, expand the brands and and tag the focal brands...
      Nah, this will stay Supreme-only, because of their wide range of boring products. I have no interest of removing logos from clothing.
      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• stagename
        • Oct 2011

4032 shares. Something's at work. Congrats on your new fandom N ;)

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

So, Supreme confirmed that they have taken on private equity investment. That explains a lot.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nickefuge
            • Nov 2014

And then this:

Jil Sander hires new designers from Dior and Supreme
            "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• mmsix
              • Sep 2016

That was a matter of time, but yeah.. Supreme lost their appeal to me when they became and acted just too cool and tried too hard. They took a simple copy/ paste approach regarding their influences or things they declared as cool. Nothing innovative. The LV x Supreme was the last nail in the coffin.
              The Skate-Videos (Cherry) and edits they put out the last yeaars were good though, but I always liked other brands more in this segment like The Quiet Life or even Palace.

Comment

• Jtothewhat
                • Oct 2014

That was a good read. I have absolutely nothing against Supreme, I've never owned an item of clothing, but I love their skate team, often enjoy their art direction and what little video content they have released over the years..But it's funny to me, I grew up a huge skate nerd and have skated most of my life.. All through high school/university I worked at skate shops and eventually managed/did buying for one.. Throughout that whole period of time Supreme was never that relevant to me or my group of friends in terms of the skate culture..It was there but seemingly on the periphery, as a cool east coast shop that had some ties to some good skaters and NY hiphop people, always a good art direction and occasionally some cool ads..but there were other famous shops or scenes that from elsewhere that would come up in mags, etc that seemed as cool/cooler or more relevant.. Supreme never seemed as influential within the actual skate culture as a lot of other people/brands/companies/influencers, but the fashion media makes it seem like the skate world revolves around it. I don't know where I was when it suddenly became this mega brand.

It almost seems weird to me now, that everyone you talk to echoes the sentiment that the brand should be held in such reverence in the skate community, even my nephews that skate now, and none of them know who skaters like Ryan Hickey or Mike Hernandez were.. they've just been told through the blogosphere that this is what they should believe, and because of that they should just want to buy anything they can with a red box logo. It's bizarre to me.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎