X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

THE PASSING OF A TRUE MASTER - RIP MASTER ALAIA

Three weeks ago, while I was getting ready for church, I got an update from BusinessOfFashion that one of the most Iconic and revered designers, one of the designed whom I regard as my three greatest inspiration(Richard Tyler and Cristobal Balenciaga being the next two) had passed away

We must now pay homage to the late great Azzedine Alaia.
    I have not seen anything posted on SZ regarding his passing, not a media story, not a reflection from any designer or member here. nothing. I know of late he was off the radar, but he had just shown a fantastic Couture collection in July, which seem he was saving the best for last.

I will now take the time to open this thread and to reflect on Mr Alaia and his work. While he was a women's wear designer, one of the older generation, I think he possibly more than any of the mainstream designers, represents some of the values extolled here on stylezeitgeist. Alaia was a true couturier, whose work other than the knitwear, was done by himself, at least the first patterns and samples. He had originally wanted to b a sculptor and understood the human form far more in dept than most designer.
    He made collections not according to seasons, but whenever he wanted to and showed them when they were ready.
    He was against FAST FASHION, something in total agreement with the values of SZ.

Coming back to this
    Last edited by zamb; 12-11-2017, 11:14 AM.
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock
  • albertmitchell
    • Nov 2017

This is really hard to hear. Rest in Peace. He was amazing master
    Hello to everybody on this site!

Comment

• Glennphilips
      Banned
      • Dec 2022

Finally, those in their sixties and older can benefit from massage therapy as well. Swedish massage is great for relaxation, while Deep Tissue massage helps to reduce pain and improve joint mobility. Hot stone massage is a type of massage that helps to reduce stress and improve circulation. https://massagercity.com/best-hand-massager/

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎