• Show
Clear All
  • Mascarar
    • May 2015

Rick Owens Men's FW18 “SISYPHUS” - Paris

http://nowfashion.com/rick-owens-men...18-paris-23629
  • collecting_items
    • Oct 2014

I realy like the collection. More black like before. Boots are def. BOMB!

The new Runner version in Only Rick version is soso.....maybe in the time i get an inspo about.

The Music was Amazing....it was funny and back to the Core ;-)

The Hairy Material iss quit interesting but, not so good near open Fire :-D
    Tragen Schwarz, jeden Tag
    bis es was dunkleres gibt

Comment

• julian_doe
      • Mar 2013

I love this collection as well, and agree that the new runners are boring as hell.

This collection definitely feels like a nod to the mood of earlier collections.

The soundtrack was great, and the overall adherence to the earth tones and blacks which he does so incredibly well made this collection really stand out for me.

I also love the fact that Rick doesn't seem to care what "color of the season is" (Purple, see Ann D. and BBS), and that he created something moody and as sui generis as only he can.

His words about the collection are also fantastic, please see below:

"THIS FALL /WINTER COLLECTION IS TITLED SISYPHUS AFTER THE ARROGANT KING IN GREEK MYTHOLOGY WHO WAS PUNISHED BY ZEUS TO ETERNALLY ROLL A BOULDER UP A HILL ONLY TO HAVE IT ROLL BACK DOWN, OVER AND OVER AGAIN, FOREVER. IT’S DRAINING TO WATCH UNHEALTHY CYCLES REPEAT THEMSELVES, BEHAVIOURALLY AND HISTORICALLY, AND EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, IT’S HARD TO SUPRESS A HOWL OF RAGE. IF WE HAVEN’T LEARNED BETTER BY NOW, AFTER ALLLLL THIS TIME, DOES THIS MEAN UNHEALTHY CYCLES AND BASE URGES ARE AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE HUMAN CONDITION? AND IF THEY ARE INTEGRAL, DOES THAT MEAN THEY HAVE SOME KIND OF HORRIBLE VALUE? RENDING ONE’S CLOTHES IN ANGER HAS A DRAMATICALLY BIBLICAL SOUND — HERE THESE CLOTHES ARE RENT IN A BIT MORE OF A DELIBERATE AND PERHAPS FATALISTIC WAY. DOUBLE KNIT TUNICS IN MERCERIZED COTTON FACED WITH CASHMERE WE REFER TO AS ‘CASHBOARD’ ARE SLIT AND SLASHED TO HANG AND GAPE AROUND THE BODY... OR CUT IN THIN AND CRISP WRAPPED JACKETS THAT CAN BE USED AS LAYERS UNDER COATS. HAPHAZARD CARGO CHAPS ARE CUT IN CAMEL HAIR FLANNEL TO MATCH HIGH WAISTED PANTS CUT WITH A CUMMERBUND SILHOUETTE... AND RAW DARK DENIM JEANS HAVE BEEN CHOPPED INTO JAGGED SKIRTS. COATS AND SHOES ARE CONSTRUCTED IN A PLASTIC SHEARLING THAT TRAILS LOOSE FILAMENTS IN AN OUT-OF-CONTROL HAZE AND SOME COATS HAVE BEEN HAND-PAINTED IN ROUGH THICK BRUSHSTROKES. CHAINS CAN SUGGEST SUBORDINATION BUT THEY CAN ALSO REPRESENT LINKED STRENGTH. HERE THEY ARE DRAPED AND WRAPPED AROUND THE BODY AS STRAPS ON THE SIMPLEST OF RAW CUT PORTFOLIO ZIPPED BAGS IN SOFT SUEDE OR RIGID COWHIDE. FLAGS CAN BE ABOUT UNITY AND PRIDE BUT ALSO DIVISIVENESS... HERE THEY ARE RENDERED AS CAPED PANELS FLOATING OUTWARDS AT THE BACK OF LONG COATS IN SOMBRE WOOL FELTS AND NYLON DUCHESSE. THE SOUNDTRACK IS A REMIX OF ‘ENERGIZE’ BY DJ SPEEDLAP, THE KIND OF 90S TERROR TECHNO I LISTEN TO EVERY DAY AS A SAFETY VALVE TO RELEASE THE IMPATIENCE AND FRUSTRATION THAT ARE THE PERSONAL CYCLES I CAN’T SEEM TO CONTROL, NO MATTER HOW MUCH I SHOULD HAVE LEARNED BETTER TO BY NOW. IF, AFTER ALL MY EFFORTS, I HAVEN’T FOUND A WAY TO ERASE THEM, DOES THAT MEAN THEY SERVE SOME KIND OF PURPOSE?"

Rick, keep pushing that boulder!

Comment

• Ahimsa
        Vegan Police
        • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
          the new runners are boring as hell.
          like New Balance with a slightly funky sole..

Comment

• beyondthemeans
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by dji View Post
            like New Balance with a slightly funky sole..
            That was the idea:

'For footwear, there was a back and forth between a big zipped Romper Stomper boot which in brown came with a bulging semi-transparent sole and a sneaker that at first looked prosaic. Only when you really gave them some eye did you observe the fronds of hollow plastic tufting that shimmered in the light, and which was used in greater abundance on a ruched, almost frostbitten green sweater near the close. Of that sneaker, called the Georunner, he said: “I wanted them to be really generic and like almost Kmart, the shoes. Because I’m a little tired of bombastic sneakers. It’s funny how sneakers became the male corsage of this contemporary culture.”' Vogue

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎