X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anton
    • Oct 2014

Hedi Slimane to Join Céline

Didn't find any mention of this on the forum, what do you think of this? I wonder to which direction he will take Celine.

I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
    My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton
  • Sombre
    • Jan 2009

I expect more of the same drivel he spat out at SLP. Right now I only consider him a one trick pony with nothing of note or interest to say. How many times can you recycle black skinny jeans and shiny boots?

I expect he'll turn Celine into another high fashion house on the hype train while destroying all the artistic credibility of Philo's work. It'll sell because his name is Hedi Slimane, but it'll be boring at best, awful and devoid of any purpose at worst.
    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Simone O.
      • Jan 2018

Well, Slimane does the Slimane look, no matter which brand he's currently attached too.

So I expect Céline to slowly adopt Slim' aesthetics which will probably make the brand less interesting, yet increase (even further) its commercial appeal.
      www.ah-okay.com +++ We make contemporary gloves and un-essential accessories.

Comment

• Nickefuge
        • Nov 2014

He should just start his own label already and leave designing to real designers SMH.
        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Sombre View Post
          I expect more of the same drivel he spat out at SLP. Right now I only consider him a one trick pony with nothing of note or interest to say. How many times can you recycle black skinny jeans and shiny boots?

I expect he'll turn Celine into another high fashion house on the hype train while destroying all the artistic credibility of Philo's work. It'll sell because his name is Hedi Slimane, but it'll be boring at best, awful and devoid of any purpose at worst.
          FOR SURE
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ian+
            • Dec 2011

I am on the opposite side. I would rather have Hedi be mainstream and see his stuff everywhere than the ugliness of Balenciaga or Calvin Klein and their copycats.
            ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• julian_doe
              • Mar 2013

I am surprisingly optimistic about this as well, ian+.

Hopefully, Slimane will adhere to the minimalist approach Philo pioneered at Celine, as it would be very interesting to see him design in this manner so far from the atrocities he committed at Saint Laurent.

It is my wish to see him return to the luxurious darkness he created during seasons like "Luster", and the couture-like craft of collections like "Boys Don't Cry" while he was at DH. I think that would be the most satisfactory version of Celine he could craft.

Needless to say, I highly doubt he will ever be able to top what Phoebe has done for Celine.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

My thoughts here

Highsnobiety is a global fashion and media brand passionate about product and the stories that shape them. Discover and shop what's next.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Anton
                  • Oct 2014

Faust, great interview as always...

"To me, she was the last designer holding the torch and dressing women who are both stylish and smart. Her customer is a cerebral customer. It’s fantastic, minimalist design, but it’s not exactly minimal. It was certainly very dressy, but her woman would just put on a pair of Stan Smiths, white wool pants, throw over a Céline camel coat over her shoulders, and she’s done. And everybody knows what those codes signify." Yes.
                  I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
                  My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Thank you.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

He's apparently decided to be director of creation of menswear, of womenswear and of fucking communication. lol
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• ian+
                        • Dec 2011

I am curious to see his approach to Celine, I doubt he will follow the elegance and minimalism of Phoebe who by the way is a top notch designer. Recent history proved that Hedi is a cash cow and I think that's the main reason he got the position. If I had to guess, I'd say that a big makeover is coming to Celine.
                        ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

Considering he is bringing all his people from SLP (not just some designers, pr and everything possible) I assume we're talking SLP-level remaking. Oh and of course a menswear line.

I guess we'll finally have a brand designing distressed skinny jeans, Breton stripe sweaters, sleek suede chelseas and leather riders, I mean these are so hard to find these days.
                          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Nickefuge
                            • Nov 2014

I wonder if Hedi just doesn’t possesses the ability of self-reflection or if his head is just stuck up his own ass. It must be one of the two, because otherwise he would’ve noticed what a joke he and his endeavors have become. I also wonder how well his new collection will sell in the face of the global #streetwear trend.

Secretly I’m still hoping he’ll surprise us all (in a positive way) …
                            "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                              I wonder if Hedi just doesn’t possesses the ability of self-reflection or if his head is just stuck up his own ass. It must be one of the two, because otherwise he would’ve noticed what a joke he and his endeavors have become. I also wonder how well his new collection will sell in the face of the global #streetwear trend.

Secretly I’m still hoping he’ll surprise us all (in a positive way) …
                              It's the latter. And, yes, it will most probably be SLP 2.0, (or the Kooples 2.0 as Fuuma rightly notes) because he has lost whatever ability he had to design a long time ago. And it will sell amazingly well, don't worry.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎