Clear All
  • Ahimsa
    Vegan Police
    • Sep 2011

Nicolas Andreas Taralis F/W18 Men’s

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store
  • julian_doe
    • Mar 2013

I have always had a soft spot for Taralis. FW 10 produced some of my favorite pieces ever. Taralis tailoring used to be some of the best among designers in this niche of fashion.

Aside from that last oversized coat (and few other items), this looks incredibly disappointing. I wonder, are there any standout pieces which SZ experienced in person? Are those shoes NAT as well?

Comment

• Jeroenr
      • May 2016

Good to have Taralis back. Its not the strongest collection he produced, but im glad he's back.
      I have a suit from him, thats really amazing.

Comment

• matglenn
        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
        Aside from that last oversized coat (and few other items), this looks incredibly disappointing. I wonder, are there any standout pieces which SZ experienced in person? Are those shoes NAT as well?
        Nicolas posted a video on his instagram story of the model walking in the platform boots and dress a few days ago, the outfit looked incredible and a lot different from the lookbook pic. This season is underwhelming compared to his older work, but I still think most of it looks pretty great and I'm glad to see it

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
          I have always had a soft spot for Taralis. FW 10 produced some of my favorite pieces ever. Taralis tailoring used to be some of the best among designers in this niche of fashion.

Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to visit the showroom. Not enough hours in the day...
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• julian_doe
            • Mar 2013

Sorry for this late reply.

Thank you, matglenn and Faust.

Yeah, I think it is exciting to see a new collection by Taralis...but that's about it.

Something which I think is uninspiring is the fact that the is advertising the collection as not being as expensive as his previous work. For me, the best aspect of his work was always the quality of construction and materials. A cheaper product just leads me to believe that quality is going to go to sh...on par with the rest of "fashion" today.

I kind of miss the days when each garment from a collection was a "piece" to be regarded on it's own, and not just an element of a "look". I hope this won't be standard tees layered under bonded coats (like RAF).

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎