Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Dark" Shopping in Prague, Munich, Vienna?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kattah
    • Feb 2018

"Dark" Shopping in Prague, Munich, Vienna?

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forums. I am from Toronto and every year I return to Europe for a family visit. I haven't done much shopping the last few years I've been back and now that my style tastes have shifted, I am looking for some advice on stores to visit on this years trip.

I will be going to Prague, Munich and Vienna.

My favorite designers include guidi, ann demeulemeester, boris bidjan saberi, rick owens, haider ackermann, barbara i gongini, helmut lang, damir doma, ainur turisbek, gareth pugh, alexandre plokhov and some other smaller local brands.

I'm mainly interested in leather & fur products, draping, velvet, unique textures.

I'm also looking for concept stores, art galleries, jewelry stores and amazing places to visit in these locations. I know Prague well enough (not from material/consumer standpoint) but also welcome location (or tourist) recommendations!

I should also mention I am a female but welcome all stores as I wear a lot of menswear. Thanks!
    Last edited by kattah; 05-25-2018, 10:48 AM.
  • Halibut
    • Sep 2014

I've not been to any of those cities but I have heard of some places around there.

Not a store but definitely go to the MAK museum in Vienna. They have the largest archive of Helmut Lang pieces in the world and possibly also of Carol Christian Poell.

Samsa G in Munich is a shop/exhibition space entirely devoted to Poell as well and is worth a visit.

In Vienna there's Wolfensson, Boutique Chegini, and Park.

Munich has Hide, one of the most respected 'dark' shops in the world. There's also Endstation Gallery and Pool.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

All of these have been covered and you should search before you post and read the FAQ
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kattah
        • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Halibut View Post
        I've not been to any of those cities but I have heard of some places around there.

Not a store but definitely go to the MAK museum in Vienna. They have the largest archive of Helmut Lang pieces in the world and possibly also of Carol Christian Poell.

Samsa G in Munich is a shop/exhibition space entirely devoted to Poell as well and is worth a visit.

In Vienna there's Wolfensson, Boutique Chegini, and Park.

Munich has Hide, one of the most respected 'dark' shops in the world. There's also Endstation Gallery and Pool.

Thank you very much!! Those are now on my list :)

Comment

• kattah
          • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          All of these have been covered and you should search before you post and read the FAQ

I couldn't find any posts with shopping in Vienna or Munich. And the last post I found with Prague shopping is from 2014, so not sure how relevant it'd be now. Thanks!

Comment

• Fascinator
            • Dec 2012

In Prague:

Comment

• Avalon
              • Sep 2017

In Munich you should visit hide[m]

Originally posted by Faust
              Boots. Always, boots.

Comment

• jap808