• Ahimsa
    Vegan Police
    • Sep 2011

Visvim F/W18 - Lookbook

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Perhaps you are surprised to find visvim on StyleZeitgeist, but I've really been attracted to their obsessive level of craftsmanship and dyeing techniques. It's one of those brands where it's not immediately apparent, but utterly fascinating once you really get to know it.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• negroygris
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Perhaps you are surprised to find visvim on StyleZeitgeist, but I've really been attracted to their obsessive level of craftsmanship and dyeing techniques. It's one of those brands where it's not immediately apparent, but utterly fascinating once you really get to know it.
      I am actually very happy to find Nakamura's work here. I really love his use of traditional japanese indigo dying techniques that date back to older centuries, also, the silk screening methods which he uses in his kimonos are a piece of art. I really wonder how it will look with age.

To add, these womenswear pieces are beautiful as well, specially the velvet herringbone dress, my gf would totally love it!
      We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Comment

• clay
        • Sep 2006

Will take a closer look. Some of the stuff shown here looks great.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎