https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/...ear/rick-owens
  • nvsnli
    • Mar 2013

Tommy Ca$h spotted.

Comment

• mrbeuys
      • May 2008

Last one reminds me of

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• ian+
        • Dec 2011

Last look reminds me of my camping tent falling down a cliff a few years ago.
        ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
          • Sep 2015

So... I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering how much money Rick was offered from Birkenstock.
          who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• Jeroenr
            • May 2016

Those shoes are terrible.

Comment

• mrbeuys
              • May 2008

I honestly think the whole thing is pretty terrible but it sure looks like he’s having fun.
              Remember how he said it would take at least ten years to destroy the brand even if he fucked up everything. He might be preparing for retirement :) laughing all the way.
              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Zambot
                • Jan 2018

I liked the jackets and the face mask looks were cool. The shoes are pretty weak

Comment

• aussy
                  • Jul 2011

yikes, too csm for me, either the start of something fresh or a julius fw17 level plot twist, anxious to see this develop and hopefully refine for fw19

Comment

• CharlesDarwin
                    • Jun 2018

Whoa. The all-white shattered window pane jacket is nice, and I like the three layers of blue on that one fit, but I have no idea what's going on with the camping tent disaster.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                      I honestly think the whole thing is pretty terrible but it sure looks like he’s having fun.
                      Remember how he said it would take at least ten years to destroy the brand even if he fucked up everything. He might be preparing for retirement :) laughing all the way.
                      Ha! I thought it was the best collection in the past couple of years.

Thanks for posting, Mascarar!
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Ha! I thought it was the best collection in the past couple of years.

Thanks for posting, Mascarar!
                        Damn, don't know. maybe it's one of those ' u had to be there' things. I looked at it in motion and it was obviously better, but it's just too messy for my taste. Guess I am just getting old. But the Birk boots look like something Bikkembergs would have done...
                        Sorry Rick, still love you. Just for different things now...

Comment

• Ahimsa
                          Vegan Police
                          • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• mrbeuys
                            • May 2008

Would anyone be able to post Tim Blanks’ review from BoF?

Comment

• ian+
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                              Would anyone be able to post Tim Blanks’ review from BoF?

PARIS, France —Rick Owens’s invitation was a face mask. It was a concession to his show’s stunning staging, with models parading around the rigorous monumentalism of the Palais de Tokyo while smoke pots belched sulphurous, brilliantly coloured clouds at the audience. The masks did nothing to ward off the smoke. Still, Owens expressed his distaste for them. “Cautious, pragmatic… they’re the opposite of everything I want to be. I want to be reckless, and I want to build up as many immunities as possible, then die when I’ve used everything up, a bruised, scarred husk.”

Mercifully pre-husk, Owens had some new clothes to show on Thursday. The collection was called Babel, after the biblical tower which God destroyed to sow confusion in the children of men. Confusion, chaos…they’re tentpoles for Owens. But so is control. Striking a balance between the two has been a life’s work for the designer. He found a graphic way to manifest his quest at the close of his latest show with nylon ponchos which will be shipped with aluminium poles that convert their limp formlessness into space-invading geometric structures. They made spectacular showpieces, even if their application to the real world was perhaps more conceptual.

In the context of the presentation however, Owens’s eldritch geometries served to emphasise his affection for Russian Constructivism. You could also see it in the bold stripes, the angular dissections of t-shirts, and the sweeping polyhedron-like capes and coats, which had that sacerdotal quality that is Owens at his most optimistic.

He was actually insisting on his optimism before the show, and there was an upbeat thread in the collection which defied the chaotic conception of Babel. You could feel it in the discipline of the fabulously tailored jackets, in the energy of truncated denims and skirts sported by bare-torso-ed boys, and even in the footwear, a collaboration with Birkenstock. The positivity there may have stemmed from Owens’s note that Birks were “popularly associated with 1960’s American liberalism.” Right about now, that’s a state of mind that would be extremely welcome.

Owens’s optimism even extended to the face masks he claimed to find so dull. Not so dull once he'd attached long, octopoid strands of fabric, turning the masks into sinuous, sinister accessories.
                              Tim Blanks
                              ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎