Clear All
  • Mascarar
    • May 2015

Rick Owens Men's FW19 “LARRY”

Pitcure by Vogue
    https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/...ear/rick-owens
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Couldn't see shit, but what I saw, I loved. At first felt like a throwback to 2002 or 2006. Now I can see more detail and it feels like a nice progression from last season. I don't wear much Rick any more, but I dig this.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• mrbeuys
      • May 2008

I wasn't far off with 2002...

https://www.rickowens.eu/en/US/inter...plaza-magazine

CAN YOU POINT OUT THINGS, RELATIONSHIPS, PEOPLE AND/OR EVENTS IN YOUR LIFE THAT HAVE SHAPED YOUR AESTHETICS?

ONE OF THE THINGS I REMEMBER IS FEELING A SIGH OF RELIEF ON SEEING ”PINK FLAMINGOS.” IT WAS THE CHEERY FUCK-YOU TO CONVENTIONALITY I’D BEEN WAITING FOR. IT WAS A CELEBRATION OF SELF-INVENTION. FOOTNOTE: I JUST FOUND OUT THAT LARRY LEGASPI, WHO DID THE COSTUMES FOR LABELLE, ALSO DID THE COSTUMES FOR KISS AND THEN DIVINE’S COSTUMES FOR THE PLAY ”PORK”! AND YET THERE’S HARDLY ANY DOCUMENTATION ON LARRY LEGASPI! I’M GONNA TALK ABOUT HIM EVERY CHANCE I GET.
      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Sombre
        • Jan 2009

I don't follow Rick Owens closely, but I after with Mr Beuys. It does look like a throwback to the mid noughts (or 2002 from that interview). It seems like a very safe collection from him; there's nothing boundary pushing here. But he's passed boundaries for most of his career, so I think a safe collection every now and then it's by no means a bad thing.
        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

FW19 LARRY — NAMED FOR LARRY LEGASPI WHOM I HAVE JUST FINISHED A BOOK ON, BEING RELEASED IN OCTOBER WHEN THIS COLLECTION WILL BE IN STORES.

LARRY WAS THE MAN RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SILVER AND BLACK SPACE-SLEAZE LOOKS OF LABELLE AND KISS IN THE SEVENTIES. HE INTRODUCED A CAMP FEROCITY TO THE MAINSTREAM AND HELPED SET A LOT OF KIDS LIKE ME FREE, WITH HIS MIX OF ART DECO SEXUAL AMBIGUITY AND RAW, BLACK LEATHER BOMBAST.

LARRY’S LIGHTNING BOLT MOTIF WHICH TRACED THE THIGHS OF KISS GUITARIST ACE FREHLEY’S ORIGINAL JUMPSUIT IS USED FOR THE QUILTING ON REDNECK NYLON VESTS CUT IN VARIOUS PROPORTIONS... AND AS QUILTED LININGS FOR DRACULA COLLARED WOOL COATS WITH JUMBO 3D POCKETS IN LACQUERED CANVAS.
          I HAVE BEEN USING THIS PAINTED CANVAS TECHNIQUE AD NAUSEAM AS AN HOMAGE TO STEVEN PARRINO, ANOTHER KISS FAN...
          A BLACK AND SILVER DEGRADE PRINT IS FEATURED ON DUVET MIDDLE-AMERICA TRUCK STOP JACKETS AND NYLON JOGGING PANTS.

HIGH WAISTED BLACK, OILY JEANS MANUFACTURED IN JAPAN ARE WORN WITH STRETCHED-OUT BLEACHED RIB TANK TOPS AND A BLACK BLAZER.
          BLACK FLANNEL TAILORING IS SPLICED WITH RAW SHEARLING AND QUILTED NYLON... OR APPLIQUED WITH WORN- OUT T-SHIRT NECK HOLES.

THE BODY IS STRETCHED OUT BY PLATFORM BOOTS ON ONE END AND A HIGH SHARP SHOULDER ON THE OTHER. MAYBE IN AN ERA OF SQUEAMISH CONSERVATISM AND EASY OUTRAGE WE COULD USE A BIT OF FLAMBOYANCE.
          WIDE SWEEPING TROUSERS IN COTTON DOESKIN HAVE SUEDE VELOUR KNEE PATCHES AS A WORKER/BALLGOWN VOLUME. WE ALSO PRESENT THEM IN DEGRADE BLEACHED FUCHSIA DENIM.

RAW-SEAMED SHEARLING COATS ARE CUT WITH A BAUHAUS SHOULDER AND PATCHED WITH NYLON DUVET.
          WE’VE REISSUED OUR SHIELD SUNGLASSES IN RED AND YELLOW, AND I’VE KNOCKED OFF MY CHEAP GIFT SHOP SNOWBOARDER SUNGLASSES THAT I HAD FITTED WITH MY READING PRESCRIPTION... AND TURNED THEM BACK INTO SUNGLASSES...
          WE HAVE COLLABORATED WITH VEJA, THE MOST ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY SPORTS SHOE COMPANY I COULD FIND, AND ARE INTRODUCING THEIR FIRST PERFORMANCE RUNNER. 100% VEGAN. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO AUTHORITY TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABILITY, BUT I DO ENDORSE THE IDEA OF THOUGHTFUL LIVING AND PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE WITH KINDNESS IN MIND. WE ALL GOTTA START SOMEWHERE.

THE RUNWAY IS ILLUMINATED BY A 1940S DCA (DEFENSE ANTI AERIENNE) SEARCHLIGHT MADE BY GENERAL ELECTRIC IN THE US AND SHIPPED TO FRANCE TO BE USED BY THE ALLIES ON THE BEACHES OF NORMANDY. I ASKED FOR A GLAM HOLLYWOOD SPOTLIGHT BUT THEN DECIDED ON THIS INSTEAD. WE MIGHT FLATTER OURSELVES THAT WE ARE LIVING THROUGH HARD TIMES, BUT THINGS COULD BE AND HAVE BEEN WORSE...

MUSIC IS ABBA’S GIMME GIMME GIMME BY SWEDISH EIGHTIES BAND LEATHER NUN, REMIXED BY CONTEMPORARY DESIGNER/DJS FECAL MATTER.
          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• etgreg
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
            Couldn't see shit, but what I saw, I loved. At first felt like a throwback to 2002 or 2006. Now I can see more detail and it feels like a nice progression from last season. I don't wear much Rick any more, but I dig this.
            mrbeuys, you are scaring me... I don't wear much Rick any more, but I dig this.

If your not wearing Rick what the heck are you wearing?

Anyway, your input always matters.

Comment

• mrbeuys
              • May 2008

Originally posted by etgreg View Post
              If your not wearing Rick what the heck are you wearing?
              Head to toe off-white of course. LOL.
              No, I still own tons of Rick but am mixing it up much more. Jackets and shoes are still mainly Rick but have been digging into my OG Lang stuff which is still so fresh. And I wear a fair amount of LOT now which I am very loosely involved in.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                Vegan Police
                • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                  • Apr 2013

first time in 5 years where im interested in rick owens,

ill be buying some of the stuff for sure
                  Originally posted by unwashed
                  Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                  Originally posted by Ahimsa
                  I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                    • Nov 2014

The sleazy rockstar glam-y Rick is the one I like most tbh and I will be trying to shift my wardrobe in this direction as well. I’m hoping I’ll get a chance to try on the heels.
                    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                      • Apr 2013

The RR heels are much lighter and have a square toe. The RU ones are slightly heavier. Both are basically platform Chelseas
                      Originally posted by unwashed
                      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                      Originally posted by Ahimsa
                      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                        Vegan Police
                        • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Neil
                          • Feb 2019

Looks contemporary and brilliantly blended with urban outfit.Way to go!

Comment

• aussy
                            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Neil View Post
                            Looks contemporary and brilliantly blended with urban outfit.Way to go!
                            Thanks, Neil! -Larry

Comment

• fhcm_
                              • Mar 2019

Really loved Larry! The pockets on the coats are so nice. Its like wearing two backpacks. And the colour red is just so flashy, in the right way. I hope to get the red coat or pehaps a black one once they hit the stores. Nice to see the diccflap again too.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎