• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
    Faust, have you thought about filling this spot?
    We are in our own way.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Zambot
      • Jan 2018

The Womens is not designed by him ,but the Fanning Sisters Laura and Deanna Fanning

Comment

• Zambot
        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        My reaction is from my personal experience of the work I've seen in stores. Now you can tell me that what most stores buy is watered down stuff, and I won't argue.

I haven't seen the Mackintosh stuff. I've seen the Asics - whatever. What you say about early stages I don't buy at all. It's just hype moves much faster than before. Look at Ambush - total garbage and she has a collab with Nike now.

I am not going to lower my standards just because everyone else is - end of story. What's good and new? I'll take Abasi Rosborough over Kiko any day.
        Could you please provide some more detail of why Kiko can be comparable to Ambush? I feel that this is a bit of a strawman argument. I feel that Kiko as a young designer is putting quite a bit of detail into his clothing for instance the triple dart pants or his use of synthetics I feel that he and A cold wall two young designers are using synthetic materials and sportswear in a unique way that holds it apart from the Off Whites and the
        Virgil crowd. I will pre-face this to say that Samuel Ross and A cold wall started pretty poorly from my opinion. Is the disdain for these brands the leveraging of commerciality for you?

I am really interested in your insight because I am quiet a fan of Kostadinov's work and find him to be brilliant. I would love to discuss this in greater detail.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I was only comparing in terms of hype - giving Ambush as an example of hype not equaling good design. I think Kiko is a better designer. In a way Ambush is not a designer at all - just another scene girl who decided to capitalize on her fame. I was at the press preview of her last collection a couple of weeks ago - a total Helmut Lang rip-off put through a streetwear filter.

I actually hate that Kiko uses so many synthetics. They are horrible to the touch and bad for the planet. At least he could use synthetics that feel good to the touch, though I do understand that he may not necessarily have money for high-end materials.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎