Thread: SAGITTAIRE A

Default SAGITTAIRE A

Our designer is self-trained. His work is the product of a reflection on
    fashion and contemporary society as well as on how to create clothes.
    Sagittaire A aims to create clothes that are 100% original in all stages of
    the creative process: the fabrics, the cut, the style but also the visuals that
    are designed entirely by the creator. Gin himself paints his subjects in oil
    on canvas. He then photographs his own paintings, which he prints on
    clothes. He already has in mind the common thread that will lead him in
    10 years: collections, art and cinema ...

https://youtu.be/ecS3Of7GWa0

https://youtu.be/TTYZoFWIKno

Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

How far can corniness go... Demna Kanye Bidjan Poell?

Quote Originally Posted by 13we2 View Post
    How far can corniness go... Demna Kanye Bidjan Poell?
    I see you like dead brands too

Sorry but I'm not with MADE IN CHINA era when it's come to fashion industry

Quote Originally Posted by darkpyramid View Post
    Sorry but I'm not with MADE IN CHINA era when it's come to fashion industry
    Do you hold your breath while you pass an asian person too?

Quote Originally Posted by tapchung View Post
    Do you hold your breath while you pass an asian person too?

First, you misunderstood what i mean, and if you talk about asian person i got many asian friends even Chinese with full respect

I respected and love Uma Wang for example
    So it's not personal field or racism war

For craftsmanship in fashion you could count with me Balmain, Balenciaga, Neil Barrett, Giuliano Fujiwara, Lanvin and too many other brands try (made in China) and they simply fail

Guidi did all there footwear and leather garments in Italy and they never stamp (made in Italy) on there items, so Why? Why Guidi didn't aim to China and reduced the production cost? . . . . Because of craftsmanship not because it's Italy or China

Even you attack me i will call you dear friend and so.....

Dear friend
    I hope you get what i mean, with full respect to you, your country, and Asia

' whaaaat? i can't be racist i have a chinese friend! '
    Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
    Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Guy doesn't like made in China stuff. Quickly gets labeled racist.

Quote Originally Posted by nyarkies View Post
    Guy doesn't like made in China stuff. Quickly gets labeled racist.
    China is getting too expensive to produce anyways, and now with the coronavirus the shift of production is being pushed towards SEA or more western places like Turkey, so there will be a dramatic shift in the apparel industry going forward perhaps just due to this gamechanger.

Hard to tell how far this will span but I am sure the next land of production will occur sometime soon just based on current socioeconomic patterns, but hey i am just an armchair economist.

China has really caught up in technical manufacturing ability, and it's not just in the superficial bits. Artisanal brands like SagittaireA and Hamcus (loosely artisanal) have decent quality actually.

I was going to bring up Hamcus too-- for me even if the quality is there, I don't buy the completely manufactured stories from these brands.. I looked through the previous shows of SA, and wasn't gripped by anything. This is more so what I think of when people say MADE IN CHINA brands

edit: Lots of western brands do this too

the word "artisanal" is almost like sustainability. it needs to be properly defined as almost no two persons mean exactly the same thing when using them

What is an ARTISANAL Brand?
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Quote Originally Posted by supercilious View Post
    I was going to bring up Hamcus too-- for me even if the quality is there, I don't buy the completely manufactured stories from these brands.. I looked through the previous shows of SA, and wasn't gripped by anything. This is more so what I think of when people say MADE IN CHINA brands

edit: Lots of western brands do this too
    So what you want to say is fake brands agree or disagree? , I sort of believed in this idea but tbh where is the cutoff point, some of these brands are getting legitimate when they were fake brands back then 2012-2014 gen 5 wave, (i won't get into specifics though but you can use your knowledge to figure what this could mean)

But I think defining this is more important than defining what artisanal means because some brands that would be considered artisanal here all all machine made in the most regular way

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    So what you want to say is fake brands agree or disagree? , I sort of believed in this idea but tbh where is the cutoff point, some of these brands are getting legitimate when they were fake brands back then 2012-2014 gen 5 wave, (i won't get into specifics though but you can use your knowledge to figure what this could mean)

But I think defining this is more important than defining what artisanal means because some brands that would be considered artisanal here all all machine made in the most regular way

Agree with you 100%, and that's what i try to say ,Technics,quality and the two golden words (handmade)is artisanal brand

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    Yeah, I think it's a matter of some brands being designed by people whose main inspiration comes from some other designer, and factories being good enough to help sell the whole aesthetic. It's like that article Faust wrote a bit back about the closing divide between reality and replica.

My guiding principle is to be suspicious of designers where the story precedes the product or if the story is an arbitrary idea from someone else's brain and not based in some reality.

And one of main things i don't like in SAGITTAIRE A garments that they use faux leather
    Simply you find yourself into leather garments or RAW fabrics but materials is a secret word to create deep relation between your soul and what you wear

To be clear at all i don't support chemicals when it engaged to fashion

You will never ever see a GBS garment engaged with chemicals, always and forever RAW and only RAW materials

In above photos of SAGITTAIRE A, both two long coats in white and grey are 100% made of chemicals, and how by God i could respect that then how by God again sz members here attack and don't support fast fashion chain because of chemicals and environmental issues then they produce and support SAGITTAIRE A when SAGITTAIRE A did the same crime that zara, h&m.... Etc others did
    It's not only to be considered as small children hands injured and bleed in cutting and sewing garments instead to use there hands to play with action figures toys as supposed to be, a crime
    This part of crime, but the other part of crime in using chemicals and bleeding the environment and damge our thoughts when we see a simple GBS piece with raw materials

And the funny thing i have to fall in insincerity and supporting SAGITTAIRE A with their chemicals as artisanal brand

Or say no and be racist!!!!!

Really it's strange world
    Last edited by darkpyramid; 02-23-2020 at 07:46 AM.

And SAGITTAIRE A is NOT artisanal brand, if they aim to be artisanal ! They have to respect the terms to be artisanal

Not any bag of money comes to market, stole others creativity, thoughts.and used damn chemicals finally unleashed their brand
    Will be artisanal brand

Quote Originally Posted by darkpyramid View Post
    And SAGITTAIRE A is NOT artisanal brand, if they aim to be artisanal ! They have to respect the terms to be artisanal

Not any bag of money comes to market, stole others creativity, thoughts.and used damn chemicals finally unleashed their brand
    Will be artisanal brand

chemicals?
    huge news most of all stitching thread contains some sort of synthetic fabric in order to keep it from breaking.

in terms of leather the current trend is to not use leather just for the sake of animals, and lots of established brands use chromium tanned leather that poisons ground water most of the time.

I am not here nor there nor am I trying to defend this particular brand but it just sounds like you drank the koolaid here

respected your thoughts but

I'm not saying you try defend this brand ,as i'm not drank the kool-Aid