X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriggerDiscipline
    • Apr 2013

KOZABURO

ORIGINALLY FROM JAPAN, BORN AND RAISED IN TOKYO, KOZABURO AKASAKA TRAVELLED TO LONDON TO STUDY FASHION DESIGN AT CENTRAL SAINT MARTINS COLLEGE OF ART WHERE HE OBTAINED HIS UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE. HE THEN GAINED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES WITH PRESTIGIOUS DESIGNERS IN NEW YORK SUCH AS THOM BROWNE. AFTER ALL HE GREW CONVINCED TO FOCUS ON DEVELOPING HIS PERSONAL AESTHETIC STYLE IN APPAREL. AS RESULT HE JOINED THE MFA DEGREE AT PARSONS FOR FASHION DESIGN FOR HIS POSTGRADUATE DEGREE. HIS WORK AT FIRST YEAR OF THE PROGRAM LEADS HIM FOR WINNING VFILES RUNWAY SPRING/SUMMER 16. HIS THESIS COLLECTION IS STOCK AT DOVER STREET MARKET. HE RECENTLY RECEIVED SPECIAL PRIZE AT LVMH PRIZE 2017 EDITION. HAVING GROWN UP DURING THE 90S IN JAPAN, KOZABURO’S AESTHETIC IS HEAVILY INSPIRED BY MUSIC SUBCULTURES AND VARIOUS STREET STYLES HE WAS EXPOSED TO DURING THE PERIOD. HIS ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND ALWAYS PREVAILS WHEN IT COMES TO CONSIDERATION OF QUALITY OF GARMENTS, FITS AND FINISHING WHICH IS GROUNDED IN HIS TAILORING SKILL. TIMELESS DESIGN OF CLASSIC MEN’S APPAREL IS AT THE CORE OF HIS AESTHETIC. THE JUXTAPOSITION OF HIGH FASHION AND STREET CULTURE HAS COME TO DEFINE THE UNIQUELY POETIC AND CONTEMPORARY - YET NOT TEMPORARY – STYLE OF KOZABURO.

Originally posted by unwashed
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Originally posted by Ahimsa
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.
  • TriggerDiscipline
    • Apr 2013

vogue of aw19

Originally posted by unwashed
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Originally posted by Ahimsa
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I've been following Kozaburo for a while. Some really interesting work - especially in silhouette. Some impressive fabrics, too. The designer went to school with Yang Li. Added bonus - Karlo Steel styles it.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rosydam
        • Jun 2023

I really like KOZABURO; the outfits he wears always bring out its retro bowl college inherent beauty.

Comment

• lunadam
          • May 2023

Originally posted by rosydam View Post
          I really like KOZABURO; the outfits he wears always bring out its suika game inherent beauty.
          you are absolutely right, and I also really like his style.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎