Clear All
  • Ahimsa
    Vegan Police
    • Sep 2011

Undercover S/S20 Men’s – Paris

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store
  • DannyDagger
    • Nov 2018

Really good. I hope the clothes feel and last as good as they look on camera, and I have a feeling that the details aren't done complete justice through photo or video either. However, some people have said that the collection is lacking in experimentation and is just too safe, which I can't really disagree with, especially regarding silhouettes. Still, very strong collection and my favourite thus far, unless Rick has something special in store.

Comment

• shawnchowyun
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by DannyDagger View Post
      Really good. I hope the clothes feel and last as good as they look on camera, and I have a feeling that the details aren't done complete justice through photo or video either. However, some people have said that the collection is lacking in experimentation and is just too safe, which I can't really disagree with, especially regarding silhouettes. Still, very strong collection and my favourite thus far, unless Rick has something special in store.
      really like this, feels like a departure from all the brands doing over the top styling. Wish to see the garments in showrooms.

i think shapes are safe but maybe he experimented on the effects like blind emboss on garments. gotta see more in the showroom

Comment

• mne
        • Mar 2016

I think it's a fantastic collection from Jun, he always get's the film references so right. It's subtle and well thought through as opposed to for example Raf's collection for CK with the whole slapping stills from Jaws on a tee, the randomly placed logo and the tittle so the kids get the reference. But of course we forgive him cause it's Raf ;)

Comment

• jap808
          • Dec 2012

Like it: would love to see clothes live... As said, references are subtle and I love this

Comment

• upsilonkng
            • May 2010

the shapes are plain, its so boring the only thing this does is cool by association , be it bands or movies, minus the association whats there really? uniqlo w/ slightly better references

Comment

• mne
              • Mar 2016

I think it's pure class. Not boring. And if you can see the quality of the clothing even through the pictures then it is definitely telling a lot about the craftsmanship. But of course I might be wrong so over to you @Faust as you've seen the show live.

Comment

• Jeroenr
                • May 2016

I never took the time to dive in Jun's work. But seeing this, i really like what i see.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                  • Nov 2014

I’ve never been a huge Undercover fan, but I do like this show’s more subtle approach as opposed to e.g. the Kubrick prints from FW18. Still, I agree with upsilonking – Undercover (and recent Raf as well) is more or less luxurious merchandise with changing subjects. Always dependent on someone else’s creation.
                  "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                  -Paris Hilton

Comment

• unwashed
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                    Always dependent on someone else’s creation.
                    Name me a designer/creator where this is not the case please
                    Grailed link

Comment

• Nickefuge
                      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                      Philipp Plein.

I obviously meant the themes of his collections. And just to be sure: the line above was a joke.
                      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• upsilonkng
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                        undercover basically makes band merch every other season and sometimes planet hollywood stuff and ive never been impressed w/ any of their materials and cuts, Raf got known from that , i mean what would he be w/out Peter Saville? who stole his most famous work from an encyclopedia the unknown pleasure's album cover.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DannyDagger View Post
                          Best of season along with Rick, period. The quality is amazing - these are not prints but jacquard. Blew my mind. And the prices were surprisingly accessible. Start saving.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mne View Post
                            I think it's a fantastic collection from Jun, he always get's the film references so right. It's subtle and well thought through as opposed to for example Raf's collection for CK with the whole slapping stills from Jaws on a tee, the randomly placed logo and the tittle so the kids get the reference. But of course we forgive him cause it's Raf ;)
                            I could not agree more.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                              the shapes are plain, its so boring the only thing this does is cool by association , be it bands or movies, minus the association whats there really? uniqlo w/ slightly better references
                              I love it when you are full of shit.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎