Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • haydn
    • Feb 2013

Managed to pick up one of the crazy detailed samurai perfectos. Has anyone else came across one?
    This would be my first leather from undercover. Bought new with tags attached, but noticed it’s made in China while almost everything else I see is made in Japan. ��

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by haydn View Post
      Managed to pick up one of the crazy detailed samurai perfectos. Has anyone else came across one?
      This would be my first leather from undercover. Bought new with tags attached, but noticed it’s made in China while almost everything else I see is made in Japan. ��

I've got one :-) It doesn't bother me that it's made in China. I imagine if it was made in Japan it would cost $10k. It's a lot of handwork.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• haydn
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        I've got one :-) It doesn't bother me that it's made in China. I imagine if it was made in Japan it would cost $10k. It's a lot of handwork.
        Not bothered by the "made in china" tag - was just curious as to why China when the undercover site had said Japan (and admittedly worried that I had somehow ended up with a fake). Was able to connect with somebody via Instagram who purchased during a pre-order from the Tokyo flagship who said the samples were made in Japan but a good portion of the runway collection had to be produced in China due to factory shutdowns in Japan for coronavirus (assuming that these were labour intensive, while printed hoodies could have still been knocked out in Japan).

Anyway, super happy with the jacket (and looking to pick up a few more pieces from this collection).

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by haydn View Post
          Not bothered by the "made in china" tag - was just curious as to why China when the undercover site had said Japan (and admittedly worried that I had somehow ended up with a fake). Was able to connect with somebody via Instagram who purchased during a pre-order from the Tokyo flagship who said the samples were made in Japan but a good portion of the runway collection had to be produced in China due to factory shutdowns in Japan for coronavirus (assuming that these were labour intensive, while printed hoodies could have still been knocked out in Japan).

Anyway, super happy with the jacket (and looking to pick up a few more pieces from this collection).
          Yeah, it's insane. Haven't worn my yet - it's been too cold in NYC.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎