Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are pieces of clothing that have helped you understand what your style is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apoemofdisplay
    • Nov 2020

What are pieces of clothing that have helped you understand what your style is?

I recently purchased a pair of boots and wrote a small post for my personal blog about them. I wanted to share it with the SZ community and ask if you would share you stories in turn. What are pieces of clothing that have helped you understand what your style is? Or what it's becoming?

A little while ago I bought a pair of 1017 Alyx 9SM x Guidi Zipper Boots. The supple vegetable tanned leather upper is split down the centre and closes with a chunky zip. It’s attached to a monstrous sculptural Vibram sole. A glam rock fantasy interrupted by hostile biomechanical utility. A product of some strange alternate reality where Marc Bolan and H.R. Giger are smoking a joint together at some godforsaken afterworld party and looking out at the stars.

The evening I purchased these boots I got drunk on red wine and moscow mule’s with my partner. We made curry and while it was cooking, my partner took boudoir photos of me in our living room, I was wearing nothing but her underwear and these boots. I looked around at my home. The art on the walls. The guitars and amps in the corner by the window. The fabric of my intarsia couch, the pattern mirroring the tattoo on my chest. The desiderata of all my belongings strewn about the room, haunting the place. Waiting to be used and misused. I had no idea that this is what my home would look like, or that this was the shit that I would one day own that would help me inhabit my own life. I felt some assurance was becoming a person that I had no prior conception of, and that he suited me. Wearing these boots make me feel like a bad bitch. They are confirmation of some strange and powerful energy that I want out of my own life.
    Last edited by apoemofdisplay; 11-23-2020, 09:32 PM.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎