X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ocean
    • Sep 2006

Fall 2006 Haute Couture

I think I was a little disappointed on this year's haute couture collections. Everything was too gothique and "fussy". Some of it looked cheap...and the feeling of luxury is what I'm after with haute couture.

There were some good piecesin Chanel's, Elie Saab's, Valentino's and Jean Paul Gaultier'scollections, but even those weren't very good.

What's your opinion?

Left one: Valentino, right: Elie Saab

• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Fall 2006 Haute Couture

I kind of liked the Gaultier show (sans the fur), although some of it didn't really look like Haute Couture, more like RTW. I like his costumy feeling without being grotesque like Galliano.

Welcome to StyleZeitgeist, Ocean [W]

[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/RABKIN%7E1.JAN/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ocean
      • Sep 2006

Re:Fall 2006 Haute Couture

Thanks!

One of the things that bugged me with the collections was also that the models looked sort of odd. The make-up was too pale/there was far too much of it...the modelslooked dead. I think that reflected on my opinion on the clothes too. The combinationdoesn't work.

I didn't find any outfits which were perfect. Everything had something I would have removed.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎