• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

That's a shame about the jeans, Faust.

Some real pics of the Margiela top, as promised. Not the best pics, but my camera is absolute crap. Sorry for the jeans--I won't be wearing it like this, but it was the best way to get the details to show up in the pic. Sorry also for cutting off my legs!

This is two of the ways the top can be worn--I'm still playing with it.

I'll post better ones in the WAYWT thread soon...

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Awesome, laika! I like it with the jeans, too!

So, I decided to go to Uniqlo yesterday - I figured a field report is due, especially after I blogged about people mobbing the place. So, it wasn't a bad experience. I think it's better than H&M and such, although there is obviously a lot of shit there. It's good for casual office wear and for filler stuff. I bought a pair of cordurory jeans and a pair of moleskin jeans, which is as far as I can stretch the business casual look.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
        • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]So, I did not like the way the jeans fit [:(] . As much as I love the denim, up on classifieds (here and on SF) they go.
        [/quote]

Couldn't you just have gone to the store in Soho to try them on before ordering?

What's SF?

Comment

• bakla
          • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Awesome, laika! I like it with the jeans, too!

So, I decided to go to Uniqlo yesterday - I figured a field report is due, especially after I blogged about people mobbing the place. So, it wasn't a bad experience. I think it's better than H&M and such, although there is obviously a lot of shit there. It's good for casual office wear and for filler stuff. I bought a pair of cordurory jeans and a pair of moleskin jeans, which is as far as I can stretch the business casual look.

[/quote]

I returned a few items but found that the outerwear isn't really bad at all. I kept a nylon puffer jacket which was perfectly styled (no logos, no excessive padding, nice fit) which cost a mere $50, and gave the single-breasted black trench to a friend because it looked good on him but the Medium was too large for me to wear without an underlying layer. Overall, for the money, it isn't bad for basics. And better quality than H&M for some things for sure. Some of the fashion items had great construction details, I must say.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"]

[quote user="Faust"]So, I did not like the way the jeans fit [:(] . As much as I love the denim, up on classifieds (here and on SF) they go.
            [/quote]

Couldn't you just have gone to the store in Soho to try them on before ordering?

What's SF?

[/quote]

I guess I should've. SF = superfuture.com = denim heaven (and hell).

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sbw4224
              • Sep 2006

Not a fashion purchase, but I just bought a Playstation 3 from my local Target. Don't even ask me how long I waited outside for it... [:$]

Comment

• bakla
                • Oct 2006

Got an APC black tuxedo-style shirt with pintucks instead of pleats at Camouflage... really simple, sharp, and ironically, I didn't see this style at APC in the past dozen or so times I've been to the store. Also, there's an APC puffer vest in cotton that I've never seen. Weird.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="sbw4224"]Not a fashion purchase, but I just bought a Playstation 3 from my local Target. Don't even ask me how long I waited outside for it... [:$]
                  [/quote]

No wonder you haven't been posting for the past TWO WEEKS! [:P] . Now sell it on Ebay for $3.5k and buy yourself a Carpe Diem leather shirt.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• peanut
                    • Nov 2006

[quote user="bakla"]Got an APC black tuxedo-style shirt with pintucks instead of pleats at Camouflage... really simple, sharp, and ironically, I didn't see this style at APC in the past dozen or so times I've been to the store. Also, there's an APC puffer vest in cotton that I've never seen. Weird.
                    [/quote]

I'd like to see photos of this. It's not on the APC site is it?

Comment

• bakla
                      • Oct 2006

[quote user="peanut"]

[quote user="bakla"]Got an APC black tuxedo-style shirt with pintucks instead of pleats at Camouflage... really simple, sharp, and ironically, I didn't see this style at APC in the past dozen or so times I've been to the store. Also, there's an APC puffer vest in cotton that I've never seen. Weird.
                      [/quote]

I'd like to see photos of this. It's not on the APC site is it?

[/quote]

Neither of them are, as I wanted to get pics from there to post here. I can only take a pic of the shirt but not the vest. Which one did you mean?

Comment

• peanut
                        • Nov 2006

Sorry, it's the shirt I liked the sound of!

Comment

• xcoldricex
                          • Sep 2006

i'm so mad i didn't camp out for a ps3... i could've financed a summer vacation :(

Comment

• bakla
                            • Oct 2006

[quote user="peanut"]Sorry, it's the shirt I liked the sound of!
                            [/quote]

It's really just very simple, but the cotton is great, the pintucks give the front a nice amount of body, the collar is on the small side so it's a bit trendy, and I like the detail of the button placement at the throat - it allows for the shirt to remain quite closed and to drape properly. And it's a very nice fit - I'm a 46, but I had to get a size 2 / Medium. It'll be a nice easy shirt for the office.

Comment

• peanut
                              • Nov 2006

I love it Bakla. It is just the thing for me to wear to work too. I think I'll have to ask a friend in Paris to hunt it down for me.

Comment

• Avantster
                                ¤¤¤
                                • Sep 2006

Shame about the jeans, faust. Were they just not cut to your liking?
                                Haha always expanding the definition business casual! Wish I could. What were the prices like at Uniqlo? I'm wondering if there's any markup there in the US (e.g. ~7000 yen for a cashmere jumper in Japan) I find it's great for basics. Last time I was in HK I bought a whole heap of tees and tanks to wear for working out..

Laika that is an great dress.

Bakla I like the pintucks. That reminds me I need to get some business shirts..

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎