Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tellure
    • Aug 2011

Agreed the color on those boots is awesome, it's just not what I was going for. Here's a 988 with the same color code I ordered, which is a lot darker. Guess I learned my lesson about the variation to expect from Guidi's dye process.

And yeah I could certainly get them dyed, but I think they would lose the great variation and texture of the coloring and they'd end up more of a flat solid color. I think I'd be better off just ordering a darker color.

Apologies if this is starting to get off-topic.. can move this to the Guidi thread.

Comment

• Raw
      • Oct 2009

You can always asked the retailer you got them from if they can ask Guidi to adjust the colour for you. The wait will be much less time, especially if you need to sell these before you place another order. Also a new order might end up with a different shade of colour to what you want anyways, then you'll have another new headache.

It's too bad you didn't get photos of the boots first, I ordered a leather jacket last year which arrived to the store in December and was e-mailed photos. The colour wasn't as dark as expected, since I ordered black lol . The store said they could get the jacket sent back to have the colour adjusted which would take 4-6 weeks.

Eagerly waiting for it now.

Comment

• qazwsx
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
        :P
        you know the "guy on the right" is thethief right?
        now i know. stylish mothafaka.

the pic was removed : ( i think he or someone else minds that.

^
        that guidi colour is so dope. It'll look great with a pair of pitch black pants imo
        "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• Synthese
          • Jul 2010

Excellent purchase on those Taralis boots, Vanna. They're the ones with the wedged, squared-off sole from a couple of seaons ago, right? If so, they're aweseome - I ordered those from LN-CC at some point, but got the sizing wrong. Sort of crushing, really. I hope you post something to Waywt.

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Raw View Post
            You can always asked the retailer you got them from if they can ask Guidi to adjust the colour for you. The wait will be much less time, especially if you need to sell these before you place another order. Also a new order might end up with a different shade of colour to what you want anyways, then you'll have another new headache.

It's too bad you didn't get photos of the boots first, I ordered a leather jacket last year which arrived to the store in December and was e-mailed photos. The colour wasn't as dark as expected, since I ordered black lol . The store said they could get the jacket sent back to have the colour adjusted which would take 4-6 weeks.

Eagerly waiting for it now.
            Guidi makes jackets?
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

he might've meant some other jacket, but Guidi actually does make a few jackets together with Layer-0.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Interesting.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Raw
                  • Oct 2009

Yeah not guidi, will try to post pics when it arrives.

Although, the colour was interesting as well, but I just wanted it deep black. Should I post the pics in the Archives section? It's most likely the variation in shade of colouring might not be seen again.

Comment

• just receive this amazing jutneck from darkbydesign
                    thank you, R

it stands / it walks

it creaks / it fits

Comment

• dasi80
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                      Guidi makes jackets?

for example, you can see it here: http://shop.hlorenzo.com/preview.php/men/guidi/5

and here: http://www.hide-m.com/layer-0-for-guidi-l-2.html

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

That rider is so boss.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kurruptz
                          • Jan 2013

how much does something like this run? thing is fucken beautiful, grats!
                          Last edited by kurruptz; 01-25-2013, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Vanna
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by Synthese View Post
                            Excellent purchase on those Taralis boots, Vanna. They're the ones with the wedged, squared-off sole from a couple of seaons ago, right? If so, they're aweseome - I ordered those from LN-CC at some point, but got the sizing wrong. Sort of crushing, really. I hope you post something to Waywt.
                            Thanks Synth! They are indeed the ones you described and theyre beautiful. Currently at The Firm getting vibramed. Pick them up this weekend.
                            Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              That rider is so boss.
                              word of a zboss

Comment

• LilL.FASH
                                • Jul 2012

Nicolas Andreas Taralis Helmut II Boots

I picked these up from Patron of the New, NYC. Great leather and love the fit.
                                Last edited by LilL.FASH; 01-26-2013, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎