• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deuxmille
    • Nov 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

^
    Very nice! I was going to buy one myself, but the prices are ridiculously high here.

Comment

• minomni
      • Oct 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

gf got me this raf simons sweater from barneys:

btw, cloak doesn't have a mailing list, correct? i'd be down to hit their winter sale.

[/quote]

i get an e-mail when they have sales and when the new collection arrives, that's all as far as i know.

Comment

• deuxmille
        • Nov 2006

I bought a pair of CCP trousers. I take back all the negative comments I made about CCP before, I hadn't tried on the right pieces. Now, I need a long coat... perhaps in a few years I'll be able to afford it.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]I bought a pair of CCP trousers. I take back all the negative comments I made about CCP before, I hadn't tried on the right pieces. Now, I need a long coat... perhaps in a few years I'll be able to afford it.[/quote]

Pix would be appreciated!

ddohnggo, nice girlfriend you have!!!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deuxmille
            • Nov 2006

I'll glady post pictures when I'll pick them up the 6th, they're getting their hems done. I like that the waist his really high, I've been getting into high waisted pants a lot these days, I think it looks good on skinny, lanky frames.

I tried on another pair of CCP that were also very nice, but they were just a tiny tiny bit too tight. Might snatch them if they come on sale and try to tailor them a bit, but then again, I'm pretty much broke right now.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]I'll glady post pictures when I'll pick them up the 6th, they're getting their hems done. I like that the waist his really high, I've been getting into high waisted pants a lot these days, I think it looks good on skinny, lanky frames.

I tried on another pair of CCP that were also very nice, but they were just a tiny tiny bit too tight. Might snatch them if they come on sale and try to tailor them a bit, but then again, I'm pretty much broke right now.

[/quote]

Careful about letting out the waist. I once saw a pair where a guy let the waist out and the thread line was already lived in and therefore discolored.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deuxmille
                • Nov 2006

I was more thinking about moving the buttons just a bit, it was very close to a perfect fit. I don't want to risk messing such a nice garment, especially with all the nice stitches and linings inside.

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

Ann Dem sweater from Barney's sale. Sheer luck, as it was nowhere to be seen a week ago.

(Bf got a very cute CDG Shirt sweater, and a beautiful Cloak peacoat.)

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• khiev
                    • Nov 2006

Lucky you laika!! Looks great on you. [Y]

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

It's beautiful, laika! I love that knit, it's so delicate.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                        • Sep 2006

Wow laika, that knit is fantastic! I really need to get my hands on some Ann D. Finally got another pair of boots (so you don't have to see "miu miu boots" in every "what are you wearing today" post anymore)! Dior chelsea's from eluxury sale. Strange thing is, they are advertised and shown as grey chelsea's, but now that I have them they are actually a medium brown color with a bit of a patina. It's not problem though, before they went I sale I wanted brown boots (to compliment my black ones) and they are really beautiful. But still, it's strange, I've seen the grey boots in person and these definitately are not them.

Right now I'm wearing them around the house to make sure they're comfortable, last pair of Dior sneaks I bought a size too small, they felt good in store but when I walk around for awhile my toes feel crushed, but so far the boots feel good.

music

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Hard to say how they look from the picture, but they should be a good classic piece in your wardrobe. I hope Buttero still produces DH footwear, then you are in good hands quality-wise.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

Here's a better pic since at don't have anything better to do at the moment (set against my lovely piano bench), the flash has made them appear a little lighter then they are. They seem to be of excellent quality, can any confirm if the shoes are still made by Buttero?

music

Comment

• Jshockmtl
                              • Oct 2006

Wicked boots!

Those seem to be a perfect color, especially if they are a bit darker as you say.

Comment

• laika
                                • Sep 2006

Nice boots!

Thanks for the comments guys. I hesitated for a split second because it wasn't black, but the light color is really lovely, like a cobweb. I also got a Y's knit from yoox that I was lusting over at the Yohji boutique this summer. Kind of hard to photograph though, and yoox did a really crap job.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎