X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="Casius"]Alright, I'm so excited I can't wait for my own pictures, lol. Thanks Albert and the new cycle-two store, I'm stoked to get my first Linea piece.

[/quote]

There's a hole at the top for your head; and those two side seams are like sleeves (there are holes at the bottom). I have no idea how you are supposed to cut it though. It looked quite hilarious on me.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

I wouldn't have guessed this would have initiated so much discussion haha.

You make 4 cuts (the lines to cut are already nicked for you). Two on the top shoulders and two vertical ones to liberate the sleeves.

At IF they carry this piece already cut and then reversed so the raw edges are inside and you have a more finished look with raw edges exposed. Theirs is a more classic cotton fabric that we'd associate with the Continues line.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

[quote user="sbw4224"]

Nice purchases everyone. Cas, if you ever get sick of those Ann. D pants, you know where to send them ;).

Dark, great pickups. I think you do a great job of sticking to your aesthetic while being able to buy solid items. It can be hard to pass up so-so pieces just because they're at a good price, but you seem to do a good job of holding off of buying things for longer periods, but then splurging on just a couple nice items. Do you usually get things on sale, or are you find that your way of buying things forces you to pay retail?

edit:

I might as well mention my recent purchases.

- Black Lmaltieri button-up

- Demeulemeester detachable hood that I was previously looking for.

- SF x Loopwheeler tee :)

[/quote]

nice, where'd you get the lmaltieri button-up?

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• darkanimal
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="sbw4224"]

Nice purchases everyone. Cas, if you ever get sick of those Ann. D pants, you know where to send them ;).

Dark, great pickups. I think you do a great job of sticking to
          your aesthetic while being able to buy solid items. It can be
          hard to pass up so-so pieces just because they're at a good price, but
          you seem to do a good job of holding off of buying things for longer
          periods, but then splurging on just a couple nice items. Do you
          usually get things on sale, or are you find that your way of buying
          things forces you to pay retail?

[/quote]

I
          know...when I find something, even though I'm not conciously hunting
          for it,I get this feeling if it's me or not. A strong basis to buy or
          walkaway. I prolly buy 1 out of 10 walkaways. I am at this stage of
          quality not quantity. Own a few solid pieces but enough to mix and
          match and still have a different outfit. Thanks for the tip xcoldricex,
          I think I know what you're referring to, Julius I mean. Will check out
          the photos and compare. Unfortunately acquiring smaller sized clothing
          is hard in America. Usually I end up paying retail price rather than
          waiting for the big sale when my size already dissappeared. I do get
          lucky with Yahoo Auctions Japan that's for sure, that's how I recover.

So
          I peeped last night what that Linea shirt was all about. I thought
          Cassius bought a scarf ...hahah. I think it's pretty cool. Maybe I
          would have cut that fabric into a tank top for myself.

Comment

• sbw4224
            • Sep 2006

I got the Lmaltieri button-up on Yahoo Japan.

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

sbw-Good buys, I can never find much on Yahoo.jp that's in my size and I know you and I are somewhat close in size.

As far as the Linea shirt, I was just glad Albert as a very clear description on his website. If it didn't have all the info, I probably would have passed.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• explicit
                • Jan 2007

some casual streetwear stuff, nothing too fantastic:

nom de guerre classic jeans, w+h red/black tiger hoodie

Comment

• kompressorkev
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="faust"]

I want to know too, and I speak Linea. I know about the tees/sweatshirts where you cut out your own neck, but not sure what to make of that square. Maybe it's just folded like that?

[/quote]

the Linea t-shirt i bought from maxfields had a little square of leftover fabric around the neckline, perhaps maxfields cut it already and left that little square?i don't really see another explanation for having this square flap of material leftover, unless it was designed that way, since i'm not even sure mine is one of those "cut-your-own-neck" shirts.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ yea, you are supposed to leave what you cut out hanging. All these rules with Linea...
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

So the Linea shirt you don't have to cut out the neck ( you can of course... )

You make 4 cuts (diagram from my site):

The two vertical cuts liberate the sleeves, and the two horizontal ones create the neck and free the shoulders (which when worn aren't actually square like that).The bottom hem and the cuffs of the sleeves are open and so is the top light gray portion of the shirt where the head will come out.

The two flaps on top can be tucked in (or inverted) to generate the not-quite-mock-turtleneck neckline that is sort of the signature Continues look.

Essentially Maurizio et al did the measuring, stitching (all the edges are finished, you just separate them from each other) and custom fabric creation. You just open it up!

PS- I have one left in size 5 ;)

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]/\ yea, you are supposed to leave what you cut out hanging. All these rules with Linea...
                        [/quote]

I know right? With such limited distribution and lack of knowledge from the SA's (just look at kompressor's experience at Maxfield's), it's a wonder that Maurizio's philosophy has really come across. It's practically been passed around via word-of-mouth. Goes to show the level of dedication and sincere interest many have in the line.

... or it could have been one individual playing one huge practical joke and is laughing at all of us wearing clothes with bits and pieces of it hanging off everywhere.

Comment

• soultek
                          • Feb 2007

Just got back from NYC,here's what I picked up:

Cloak: plaid lined sherling? hooded jacket 50% off. Also a button up shirt made of a particular weave of cotton that escapes me at the moment. Great stuff on sale. Great shoes from the current collection. You know I never really got Cloak from the stuff I've seen online and at Barney's but the second I walked into the store in SOHO, it all made sense to me. Such a shame I discovered this brand too late.. I don't think about 50% of it is my style but the stuff I would wear I love. fantastic quality & designs.

Thom Browne: Everyone's so polarized with this designer, but I think I'm in the camp that likes what he's doing for the moment (I'll see with his later stuff). I had a fantastic experience at the store. The staff was really helpful. I wanted an oxford shirt, but my arms were too long for the sleeves. They measured me up and said they'd ship me an altered shirt (or rather a MTM shirt) at no charge. Supposedly they're shipping it in really neat packaging and there'll be a tag on the bottom tail of the shirt with my name on it and dated. No big deal I guess, but these little details (along with the friendly staff) led to a very good experience. I'll post pics when the shirt comes in the mail.

If & Atlier boutique: Fantastic! If was comparable to Maxfields IMO. DIdn't buy anything. Atlier was amazing. Most of it didn't suit my aesthetic, but the lines they carried and the pieces they bought were great. The guy that helped me was nice.

45rpm: They hadn't got a lot of their spring in, but I picked up NandoxNando's and a cardigan from their 45rpm line. Big fan of this label. Great staff.

Century 21: madhouse.lots of margiela. didn't get anything becasue I didn't have the patience.

Famous Friends had a great staff and very interesting streetwear.

Didn't get to a lot of stores I wanted to see including Odin.

I'll try to post pics sometime this weekend.

Comment

• sbw4224
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="explicit"]

some casual streetwear stuff, nothing too fantastic:

nom de guerre classic jeans, w+h red/black tiger hoodie

[/quote]

Good buys, I find myself wearing my NDG jeans and w+h hoodie quite a bit.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

i love y!jp

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="soultek"]

Just got back from NYC,here's what I picked up:

Cloak: plaid lined sherling? hooded jacket 50% off. Also a button up shirt made of a particular weave of cotton that escapes me at the moment. Great stuff on sale. Great shoes from the current collection. You know I never really got Cloak from the stuff I've seen online and at Barney's but the second I walked into the store in SOHO, it all made sense to me. Such a shame I discovered this brand too late.. I don't think about 50% of it is my style but the stuff I would wear I love. fantastic quality & designs.

Thom Browne: Everyone's so polarized with this designer, but I think I'm in the camp that likes what he's doing for the moment (I'll see with his later stuff). I had a fantastic experience at the store. The staff was really helpful. I wanted an oxford shirt, but my arms were too long for the sleeves. They measured me up and said they'd ship me an altered shirt (or rather a MTM shirt) at no charge. Supposedly they're shipping it in really neat packaging and there'll be a tag on the bottom tail of the shirt with my name on it and dated. No big deal I guess, but these little details (along with the friendly staff) led to a very good experience. I'll post pics when the shirt comes in the mail.

If & Atlier boutique: Fantastic! If was comparable to Maxfields IMO. DIdn't buy anything. Atlier was amazing. Most of it didn't suit my aesthetic, but the lines they carried and the pieces they bought were great. The guy that helped me was nice.

45rpm: They hadn't got a lot of their spring in, but I picked up NandoxNando's and a cardigan from their 45rpm line. Big fan of this label. Great staff.

Century 21: madhouse.lots of margiela. didn't get anything becasue I didn't have the patience.

Famous Friends had a great staff and very interesting streetwear.

Didn't get to a lot of stores I wanted to see including Odin.

I'll try to post pics sometime this weekend.

[/quote]

How come Cloak was 50% off? I thought it was 60% off?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎