• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

Actually, it's very useful info, John! Thanks.

Buckwheat, the PH stuff looks great. Your GF is lucky!

Avanster and Monty, welcome - it's great to see you here! Avanster, I keep forgetting how it is in Australia! It must be tough buying fall stuff for sping, and spring for fall. Hmm. But, maybe it works out and you can get stuff online at a deep discount and look forward to wearing it!

Monty, that cardigan is really gorgeous. It caught my eye when I was looking at pictures of what Atelier bought for fall a few months ago. I love the slightly scrunched up silhouette. I have to go see it in person now!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rach2jlc
      • Sep 2006

You're welcome, Faust. I thought I'd just take a picture of a tag to show what I mean (I realized after I posted earlier that there are about 50 different numbers on Sander's tags, so it might be hard to find what I'm talking about).

So, in the following tag (from a wallet of mine), you'll see the "Article" column and the number 584700 51. It is the last two numbers of the Article code that give season. So, this one is "51", which is s/s 2005.

Comment

• threerepute
        • Sep 2006

slim fit prada flannel trousers.artesia, 46. i'm hoping for more of a winter than we had last year.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Today I got my first Undercover piece. It's a beige cordouroy
          jacket in front and in the back and part of the arms it's made of
          recycled sweatshirts. It's got to be from one of the first
          collections, because the label is different. Was there a collection
          called "Languid"?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

yeah, languid is from the late 90s i believe? that's when i first started getting into UC. post a pic faust, surprised you actually bought a UC piece. i'm loving that cardigan- but like you i can't get over the quality/price of UC, so it's gotta be pretty discounted for me to buy it- i still like the label nonetheless.

Comment

• Honey~Blade
              • Sep 2006

Nice purchases everyone!Faust, I never thought you were into UC stuff :)I think perhaps Languid was SS 04?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Honey~Blade"]Nice purchases everyone!Faust, I never
                thought you were into UC stuff :)I think perhaps Languid was SS
                04?[/quote]

It is SS 04 - I'm a dumbass, it said so right
                on the label, but it was like in hand written script, I didn't notice
                at first. I like some UC, and I always liked how he made
                something else out of sweatshirts/tshirts. ColdRice, indeed, it
                was only $130 at a consignment store. Someone must have not known
                the value of it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rach2jlc
                  • Sep 2006

Neat stuff, Faust. I, too, have liked a few of the UC pieces, but overall I've never found the aesthetic to be something I could pull off with any ease. Sort of like Number (n)ine, but even more extreme.

I alsolove consignment stores, only because of the random possibility of finding gems like that at a good price. My best consignment story was in Japan two years ago when I got a brand new Dries Van Noten button-front shirt for $7.00. The person who owned the store simply had no idea what it was and I guess didn't bother looking at the fact the shirt had MOP buttons and very nice fabric (hell, the buttons alone would be more than $7.00). But, all the better for me! Other gems were a Number (N)ine distressed tee for $8, Yohji black heavy cotton coat for $75, a CDG red cropped jacket for $40, and a whole assortment of CDG tees for $10-25.Of course, I didn't find these all at one time, but over the course of a year or so.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="rach2jlc"]

Neat stuff, Faust. I, too, have liked a
                    few of the UC pieces, but overall I've never found the aesthetic to be
                    something I could pull off with any ease. Sort of like Number
                    (n)ine, but even more extreme.

I alsolove
                    consignment stores, only because of the random possibility of finding
                    gems like that at a good price. My best consignment story was in
                    Japan two years ago when I got a brand new Dries Van Noten button-front
                    shirt for $7.00. The person who owned the store simply had no idea what
                    it was and I guess didn't bother looking at the fact the shirt had MOP
                    buttons and very nice fabric (hell, the buttons alone would be more
                    than $7.00). But, all the better for me! Other gems were a Number
                    (N)ine distressed tee for $8, Yohji black heavy cotton coat for $75, a
                    CDG red cropped jacket for $40, and a whole assortment of CDG tees for
                    $10-25.Of course, I didn't find these all at one time, but over
                    the course of a year or so.

[/quote]

/\
                    Cool. Yea, as a matter of fact I am going back today. There
                    was a black cotton heavy knit sleeveless zippered cardigan by Margiela
                    - one of his signature pieces (it still has the 10 corso como tag on), for a $100. I wanted to sleep on
                    it, but now I woke up[|-)][;)] BTW, for any old school Dior
                    Homme fans (where is Winston?!), there were some VERY nice pieces from
                    the early collections. There was one fine wool l/s knit polo
                    shirt - jet black, with textured horizontal stripes on the chest -
                    $150, and a long wool coat with leather trim, which must have been from
                    the first collection, because the inside label looked different.
                    The coat was really sweet, I wish I was tall - it was $1100.
                    There was also a mad cool CCP coat for only $300, but I think it'd be
                    very hard to wear.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

CCP coat for only $300?! What size/did it look like?

That's such a low price!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

CCP coat for only $300?! What size/did it look like?

That's such a low price!

[/quote]

Indeed!
                        I think it's because it'd be so hard to wear. It is made out of
                        textured cotton in the front and sides, but in the back it's made of
                        curpo that you normally find lining the jackets. So it's like
                        wearing only the jacket lining on the back. I don't know many
                        people who could pull that off, except some rock star. I am going
                        back in about an hour to pick up the vest, so I can take a closer look
                        at it. It was size 50 I believe (which is really a 48)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I went back to the consignment store and got the Margiela vest. It looks very nice over a l/s black tee with blue jeans. And, tomorrow is going to be cool in New York, guess what I'm wearing [A]

For CCP fans, there is a black brushed cotton coat size 50 for only $250 at INA. It's in great condition. You have to be 6' tall though.

And for Winston (when is this guy showing up on SZ?), there was a grey wool Hedi designed YSL sweater with the lower part semi detached for only $78. Dope! I remember trying to try on that sweater (yes, not a typo, size M is more like an XS) in the late YSL Rive Gauche store in Soho; I was so impressed with it, and I didn't even know who Hedi was back then.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Buckwheat
                            • Sep 2006

Nice Faust. I used to have the same vest but in military green
                            (high neck and can zip all the way up...can wear as rollneck) I think I
                            bought that when I visit NYC the first time at Barneys.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                              • Sep 2006

damn faust, you might have to pick up some of those ccp pieces for me! :)

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]damn faust, you might have to pick up some of those ccp pieces for me! :)
                                [/quote]

Are you that tall though? I guess I wouldn't mind, if you are absolutely sure they'll fit you.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎