• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by fireflygrave View Post
    It can't be turned off at the clock- instead you have to get up and punch in the date on a wireless panel somewhere else in the house.
    that thing would last half a morning if I had one
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

the question to ask is what do you do when the wireless panel malfunctions or cant be found.....
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• fireflygrave
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by zamb View Post
        the question to ask is what do you do when the wireless panel malfunctions or cant be found.....
        There's an emergency off switch that you need a screwdriver to get to. Without that though...
        put a tiger in your tank

Comment

• thinbuddha
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by fireflygrave View Post
          There's an emergency off switch that you need a screwdriver to get to. Without that though...
          that or hit them with the combat boots enough and it'll probably stop

Comment

• gawkrodger
            • Jun 2013

Layer-0 backzips. My best purchase in a long time

Comment

• scanner
              • Mar 2015

Just received what I thought was Faun SS15 Sternberg in Lamb from Farfetch only to have actually received Faun Sternberg in Kangaroo. Seems like a mistake from them.

Anyone have any experience with this leather? The jacket is thin as paper (even thinner than the lamb glass ice) and light as a feather. Almost seems too delicate.

Comment

• Arkady
                • Apr 2011

Well, unless the leather's too thin for your purposes climate-wise I'd definitely prefer kangaroo over lamb in most cases. Personally I think you might've lucked out but I also tend to fetishize rarer materials a bit.

Comment

• scanner
                  • Mar 2015

Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking. Might just keep it as a nice luxe piece to wear. Just wasn't sure if there are varying types of kangaroo or if I need to be extra careful with this. My main concern is the leather not being able to withstand a lot of tension, but maybe its stronger than it appears.

I also noticed farfetch tagged this as LR when in fact the jacket is actually LAR and apparently this isn't allowed to be shipped out of the EU

Comment

• graydot
                    • Aug 2009

kangaroo leather is tough as shit. the thickness (or thin-ness) is deceiving. have had my RO roo leather intarsia for over 5 years now and no signs of wear.

Comment

• scanner
                      • Mar 2015

Well that just convinced me

Comment

• DudleyGray
                        • Jul 2013

Pretty sure if you paid lamb price for kangaroo, you made out like a bandit on this one.
                        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                          • Apr 2013

Yeah dont Send it back you're going to regret doing that.
                          Originally posted by unwashed
                          Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                          Originally posted by Ahimsa
                          I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by scanner View Post
                            Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking. Might just keep it as a nice luxe piece to wear. Just wasn't sure if there are varying types of kangaroo or if I need to be extra careful with this. My main concern is the leather not being able to withstand a lot of tension, but maybe its stronger than it appears.

I also noticed farfetch tagged this as LR when in fact the jacket is actually LAR and apparently this isn't allowed to be shipped out of the EU
                            Roo is allowed to be thin. Highest tensile strength leather, as far as I remember. Consider yourself having won a minor lottery.

Comment

• the breaks
                              • Sep 2007

plus the lamb has a hand like baking paper imo... hard to imagine the roo being worse
                              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• scanner
                                • Mar 2015

I don't want to derail the thread, but a few things sort of concerned me..

The doesn't quite stick out like other rick products where there is ample length in the two tabs and the garment tag sort of dangles. they're sort of stitched right onto the seam.

also, 2095 EU roughly translates into 2300 USD which seems awfully inexpensive for kangaroo at list price. Thats lamb pricing for sure.

A few more pictures to show the thinness and leather. I don't have much experience with Rick Kangaroo but to me this smells and feels like other lamb products.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎