Clear All
  • nvsnli
    • Mar 2013

Sick stuff @dji

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Damn, man, there is SERIOUS taste conversion here going on. I have three out of the four items you just posted, haha. I still maintain that the parka looks better with the lining worn outside. Try it, you'll fly it.
      Will have to try it E, been wearing it sans vest as it hasn't been cold enough here yet.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by dji View Post
        Will have to try it E, been wearing it sans vest as it hasn't been cold enough here yet.
        nice we are j1 buddies, I have the same stitch on mine.
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Nestor
          • Jul 2017

I recently purchased the newest j1 as well. I'm confused though as it's advertised as a "BBSNY exclusive" and yet I've now found it from another retailer (and for $1000 cheaper). I'm keeping it either way, but I can't say I'm not a little annoyed by that. My definition of exclusive must be outdated

Comment

• vah
            • Aug 2016

Picked up these + some basic tanks the other day. The horse leather, and *gasp* deep violet colour, which is closer to a violet-tinted black in most light, is so nice.
            Might be my imagination but Ricks basics feel slightly softer against the skin with the switch from the cotton-silk to viscose-silk blend.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Boots are sick. I have the nubuck version, love them to pieces.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Nestor View Post
                I recently purchased the newest j1 as well. I'm confused though as it's advertised as a "BBSNY exclusive" and yet I've now found it from another retailer (and for $1000 cheaper). I'm keeping it either way, but I can't say I'm not a little annoyed by that. My definition of exclusive must be outdated
                Depends on the specific leather used, it might have been specially ordered which is usually the case.
                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Nestor
                  • Jul 2017

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                  Depends on the specific leather used, it might have been specially ordered which is usually the case.
                  Maybe. I'm not entirely certain. They're both horse leather and have the exact same product code so I figured they were identical
                  Last edited by Nestor; 11-03-2017, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Arkady
                    • Apr 2011

Was it a retailer with a physical location stocking the item in the US market? That's more than likely the distinction.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                      Was it a retailer with a physical location stocking the item in the US market? That's more than likely the distinction.
                      No usually there's something specific, for example hooded white j2s were exclusive, came out in ss17, then for aw they came un hooded with the high collar option which everyone could get. Usually there are things like that which are literally one of a kind to the store thus the exclusive. There must be some specific distinction.

Comment

• Nestor
                        • Jul 2017

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                        No usually there's something specific, for example hooded white j2s were exclusive, came out in ss17, then for aw they came un hooded with the high collar option which everyone could get. Usually there are things like that which are literally one of a kind to the store thus the exclusive. There must be some specific distinction.
                        Ahh you are completely right. I zoomed in close on both of them to compare and the BBSNY one has the overlock stitching on the seams whereas the other doesn't. It was hard to tell at a glance since the tonal threads just blend in.

I'll have to admit I was wrong on this one haha sorry for the confusion

Comment

• Arkady
                          • Apr 2011

I had assumed the same regarding the finishing -- yeah the item code doesn't always capture the peculiarities given the small production runs.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nestor View Post
                            Maybe. I'm not entirely certain. They're both horse leather and have the exact same product code so I figured they were identical
                            Could be the treatment. When Boris did the J1 for us, they used special treatment.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 13we2
                              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Could be the treatment. When Boris did the J1 for us, they used special treatment.
                              What code did they give you, J1-F235 horse? That's the thing - for horse hide specifically, they seem to have only F235 and F251 (no longer in use these days?) to name it whereas the softness and thickness vary significantly.

Personally I wouldn't buy any "sepcial edition" of his garments because the special and non-special are really the same thing for the most part. BBSNY did use to carry some runway only pieces that didn't go into production, though, which are of course worth collecting. But most others I don't see the point other than a nominal cachet. We are not Air Jordan kids anymore, are we?

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                                • Apr 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎