X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djrajio
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

I think for a highly stylized jacket like that, Hare is a good buy. But the quality of Hare garments is really bad, so dont expect it to last more than a season of wear.

Comment

• darkanimal
      • Sep 2006

I seriously love love your jacket threerepute. So adding to everyone's obsession with leather jackets, here's my find:

It's 3 days old. Been searching since last year for the perfect black leather jacket. I had to settle with a grey and cognac color instead. I searched again this season and got lucky. Butter soft leather from TheCast who are two independent designers from NYC. This particular jacket they only sell in stores in Japan, but they hooked me up and so they're mine. I also have a black sleeveless cashmere Cloak hoodie from SS05 that's on its way! When is DSM online gonna happen? I need to unload my store credit! Ugggghhhhh!!!!

Comment

• bakla
        • Oct 2006

[quote user="djrajio"]I think for a highly stylized jacket like that, Hare is a good buy. But the quality of Hare garments is really bad, so dont expect it to last more than a season of wear.
        [/quote]

Oh yeah, I could totally tell that even from the web pics - if you look the jacket up on the web, you can see threads coming off with tons of lint on the jacket! Although I was actually surprised the fabric felt as good as it does: I like it even better than Raf's boiled wool in some of his coats that are 6 times as expensive. But I know the quality isn't great - for only $200, I was certain it was going to be made more cheaply than it actually is. I'm not gonna complain...yet. [:D]

Comment

• bakla
          • Oct 2006

[quote user="threerepute"][quote user="bakla"]

Wow, great leather pieces, threerepute and drexl.

Wait, it almost looks like you could be the same guy in both pictures...! Three, who made your jacket?

[/quote]

mirage. some french company from the 80s. here's the label:

[/quote]

I want your jacket. Want it, want it want it. Even if I barely use my Cloak AW04 leather coat.

Comment

• threerepute
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"][quote user="threerepute"][quote user="bakla"]

Wow, great leather pieces, threerepute and drexl.

Wait, it almost looks like you could be the same guy in both pictures...! Three, who made your jacket?

[/quote]

mirage. some french company from the 80s. here's the label:

[/quote]

I want your jacket. Want it, want it want it. Even if I barely use my Cloak AW04 leather coat.

[/quote]

post a picture of it. join in the fun.

Comment

• bakla
              • Oct 2006

Well, I don't think I should post it here since I've had it since 2004.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"]Well, I don't think I should post it here since I've had it since 2004.
                [/quote]

How about a 'Not so recent purchases" thread? [;)]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Got a pair of 45rpm sorahiko jeans off of Ebay (thanks ColdRice for advising on these). The denim looks really beautiful. I think this completes my jeans color palette ranging from pale blue to black.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
                    • Sep 2006

wow, you got those fast! i guess you picked them up straight from the seller then.

welcome to the 45rpm club! haha. they'll do you well, hope you enjoy them!

Comment

• Servo2000
                      • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Got a pair of 45rpm sorahiko jeans off of Ebay (thanks ColdRice for advising on these). The denim looks really beautiful. I think this completes my jeans color palette ranging from pale blue to black.

[/quote]

I know it's a bit of a faux paus [sic?] but how much did you pick these up for? I need a new pair of denim (My current pair are almost worn in) and the denim in those looks absolutely gorgeous. There's no way I can swing full price on those.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"][quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]

I know it's a bit of a faux paus [sic?] but how much did you pick these up for? I need a new pair of denim (My current pair are almost worn in) and the denim in those looks absolutely gorgeous. There's no way I can swing full price on those.

[/quote]

$200 (my most expensive pair!).

ColdRice, the seller was asking $200 for BIN, which is what I offered, and he ended the auction for me.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• threerepute
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="bakla"]Well, I don't think I should post it here since I've had it since 2004.
                          [/quote]

How about a 'Not so recent purchases" thread? [;)]

[/quote]

i dont care where you post it, i just want to see it. ;o speaking of recent purchases, i just ordered these:

thanks to bakla for the linkage.

Comment

• threerepute
                            • Sep 2006

things that seem too good to be true usually are. i got an email from shopjake saying

"I regret to inform you that the shoe you ordered was damaged during processing and cannot be repaired. As these things go, of course this was the last pair in the size 8." refund blah blah. i am very disappointed.

Comment

• Servo2000
                              • Oct 2006

Those are double identities, right? If you keep looking, there appear to be many stores which stock them online. Seven New York, for one. Just google "double identity shoes."

(here for instance: http://www.schuhstore.co.uk/champion...BLE%20IDENTITY)

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• bakla
                                • Oct 2006

[quote user="threerepute"]

things that seem too good to be true usually are. i got an email from shopjake saying

"I regret to inform you that the shoe you ordered was damaged during processing and cannot be repaired. As these things go, of course this was the last pair in the size 8." refund blah blah. i am very disappointed.

[/quote]

Call Tim Langevin at the first store listed in their stores section. I'm returning the size 8s to Jake because they're too big for me (see my post on my blog). Mayhap they'll fit you - I'm sending them back tomorrow.

Just keep in mind that they're supposed to be washed leather, so these ones are worn and grungy. Kinda nice that way. I wish they fit me.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎