• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="nairb49"]

That looks amaaaaazing Faust. Great pickup.

I've developed a penchant for sleeve zippers. What are they for, anyway?

[/quote]

I use them when I need to pull the sleeve over a glove or a thick sweater. Basically there is an additional piece of leather sewn into the sleeve, so once you open the zipper the cuff becomes wider. I love that detail too. The only problem with it is that it's hard to shorten a sleeve - but that's not a problem in this case.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Faust, you look GREAT. Not every man can pull off a white leather jacket.[H] It's a shame the color doesn't come through in the pictures.
      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]Faust, you look GREAT. Not every man can pull off a white leather jacket.[H] It's a shame the color doesn't come through in the pictures.
        [/quote]

Thank you! Especially considering that I am wearing my old 2xist tee and puma track pants, lol. I am planning to dress it up though - I think it will look great with a white tee and jet-black pants. Yes, the color is hard to capture, i still can't deside it it's super-light blue, or light grey, or off white, or what?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• baizilla
          • Sep 2006

Wow, that jacket is beautiful, Faust, congratilations ;)

I went to Ann's store in Antwerp to check out the new collection... but it seemed like I was too late, because there was almost nothing interesting left.. No vests, a few pants, and a small selection of blazers/cutaway jackets. All the XS/S sizes were sold out. :(
          The collection was surprisingly light in terms of colour palette... there were a bunch of white wrinkled cotton blazers, cream shirts, white jeans ( ?? ?!) etc.

There were only two pairs of boots left, and luckily one of them were in my size :D

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ the boots are great! actually, they are the only piece I want from this collection! Wear them with cropped pants and turn the upper leather outwards, they'll look awesome.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Seventh
              • Dec 2006

Wow, what a jacket Faust! And those boots Baizilla, are great. Nice to some individual Ann pieces.

Comment

• dontbecruel
                • Sep 2006

Those boots are also the only thing I want from the current collection, Baizilla.. If only I had £350, they still have them in my size at DSM.

Comment

• deuxmille
                  • Nov 2006

The boots are pretty cool indeed. I also like the sneaker version a lot, especially in black and white.

Comment

• baizilla
                    • Sep 2006

thanks guys,

faust: yeah, that is exactly what I've planned to do with them... I think they will look amazing with the virgin wool/ramie short pants from last season.

dontbecruel : you should definitely get them while you can, they look beautiful on :D

Comment

• Johnny
                      • Sep 2006

Ok just back from Paris, and got probably my whole SS haul in one go. Feel slightly ashamed, but there you go..... In chronological order of purchase:

grey cotton clear taped CCP jacket

white and fine black striped shirt from Dior Homme

greeny/grey leather army sneaks from MMM

black and grey cotton and polyesterjersey double-breasted jacket from Junya

pale gold sweater from CDGH+

pale grey CCP shirt

dark grey and black striped CCP sleeveless tee/pullover

Am verypleased with all of these!

Quick question for any Dior Hommies. The shirt is the first thing I have ever bought from DH - contrary to alot of the comments here (and my own previous observations) the quality of the shirt looks and and feels extremely high. There is a note on the label that says "for japan only". Is this normal?

Comment

• deuxmille
                        • Nov 2006

Johnny, as far as I know, that's just for the washing instructions. Might be wrong, but that's what I heard (don't own any Dior aside from a pair of boots).

Comment

• Johnny
                          • Sep 2006

Thanks - I did wonder if that was the reason for it, as it does appear under the washing instructions! But there's only one set of washing instructions, so can I only wash in Japan?

Comment

• deuxmille
                            • Nov 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]Thanks - I did wonder if that was the reason for it, as it does appear under the washing instructions! But there's only one set of washing instructions, so can I only wash in Japan? [/quote]

haha, hopefully not! or maybe I should set up a Japan dry cleaning service :p

I guess the washing instructions in japanese differ from the ones in french/english.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

Ok just back from Paris, and got probably my whole SS haul in one go. Feel slightly ashamed, but there you go..... In chronological order of purchase:

grey cotton clear taped CCP jacket

white and fine black striped shirt from Dior Homme

greeny/grey leather army sneaks from MMM

black and grey cotton and polyesterjersey double-breasted jacket from Junya

pale gold sweater from CDGH+

pale grey CCP shirt

dark grey and black striped CCP sleeveless tee/pullover

Am verypleased with all of these!

Quick question for any Dior Hommies. The shirt is the first thing I have ever bought from DH - contrary to alot of the comments here (and my own previous observations) the quality of the shirt looks and and feels extremely high. There is a note on the label that says "for japan only". Is this normal?

[/quote]

Damn! Nice haul. Pictures would be soooooooo nice :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                                • Sep 2006

yes - will try this evening

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢