Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharon11
    • May 2020

I recently bought a pair of leather shoes. I really like the color, size, and durability of the leather.

Comment

• Do_Decor
      • Jul 2018

Isaac Sellam Experience Arpenteur

I did not find much about this brand here on the forum but I found it very interesting.
      It is made from some leather/jersey alloy (?) that makes it elastic.
      The elastic material and a 3d-ish/anatomical design reminiscent of Devoa makes it super comfortable.
      It seems like a garment from the future to me because it is so practical in an elegant innovative way.

Comment

• darkpyramid
        • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Do_Decor View Post
        Isaac Sellam Experience Arpenteur

I did not find much about this brand here on the forum but I found it very interesting.
        It is made from some leather/jersey alloy (?) that makes it elastic.
        The elastic material and a 3d-ish/anatomical design reminiscent of Devoa makes it super comfortable.
        It seems like a garment from the future to me because it is so practical in an elegant innovative way.
        Are you kidding me, Isaac Sellam is a benchmark in handmade leather industry, and the jacket absolutely amazing especially when i see your fit picture looks like made for you, good choice ��

Comment

• Do_Decor
          • Jul 2018

@darkpyramid Thank you for the kind encouragement! It indeed seems very right sizewise - fwiw I am 183cm/78kg now and this is a size L . I‘ll find out more about the designer and his output.

Comment

• Halibut
            • Sep 2014

Isaac has got an incredible eye for detail but a lot of his stuff is kind of over the top. I have a leather blazer that is subtle and perfect but then I have a heavy leather jacket that is a bit too structured and the cut is a little too dramatic for normal wear. Kind of reminds me of the earlier Obscur stuff before he reigned in the designs. I quite like the jacket you got.

You really ought to check out the stuff he's been doing with the translucent Apparition leather that Sruli Recht developed. It's a pretty revolutionary material. I almost bought a jacket for kicks but I really can't see myself wearing it much.

Comment

• Do_Decor
              • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Halibut View Post
              You really ought to check out the stuff he's been doing with the translucent Apparition leather that Sruli Recht developed. It's a pretty revolutionary material. I almost bought a jacket for kicks but I really can't see myself wearing it much.
              Absolutely agree - I saw the translucent items (jackets and backpacks) and was very impresed - but could not imagine putting it to any good / regular use. I still considered buying it because I felt a lot of platonical love for it.
              Which jacket do you own? A fur lined lamb one?
              I recently bought another Isaac Sellam item - a leather pant, super simple almost like a jogging pant, with a drawstring. It‘s elastic like the jacket which makes it super comfortable.

Comment

• wahnfrieden
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by dji View Post
                Haven't posted in a minute, some favourite recent purchases (thanks again AHN!)
                I have this high-neck Taichi Murakami coat in a dark gray fabric, it's amazing! Though very slim fitting.

For some reason, I have a problem with this jacket where its PVC lining quickly begins to stink from armpit sweat and I haven't found a good way to clean that yet. Any pointers? Don't have this issue with other jackets.

Comment

• mamooon
                  • Jun 2015

Originally posted by wahnfrieden View Post
                  I have this high-neck Taichi Murakami coat in a dark gray fabric, it's amazing! Though very slim fitting.

For some reason, I have a problem with this jacket where its PVC lining quickly begins to stink from armpit sweat and I haven't found a good way to clean that yet. Any pointers? Don't have this issue with other jackets.
                  I had also tried the problem with a RO leather jacket and many household remedies, starting with pure alcohol and vinegar water, which you spray on, over soda or baking soda, of course also Febreeze and it all didn't really help. A German special product from the drugstore probably contains only surfactants, but kills the smell - in case of non-washable textiles spray it on carefully and then very, very gently with lukewarm water wash out the surfactants again, let it dry, wash it out again - and voilá, the smell is gone. Surely such products are also available in your drugstore? And - as with cosmetics - patch-testing beforehand in a place that you can't see that the product doesn't damage your textile, especially since it is PVC?

Comment

• wahnfrieden
                    • Feb 2011

Thanks for the tips, mamooon. I haven't been able to track down where to buy an analog to that in Canada yet (some kind of surfactant spray), but I appreciate the otherwise viable solution.

Comment

• Halibut
                      • Sep 2014

Which jacket do you own? A fur lined lamb one?
                      I have a really heavy cow leather with a high neck and a kind of tapering lower hem. The body is lined in wool and it has knit gloves at the cuff.

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

New old stuff

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I've got the one on the left! Where is the holster?
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Anton
                            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by dji View Post
                            Haven't posted in a minute, some favourite recent purchases (thanks again AHN!)

@dji how are the CCP sneakers in terms of comfort?
                            I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
                            My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• Do_Decor
                              • Jul 2018

Awesome collection dji!
                              Despite the hangers I guess these are all Julius?
                              How do they fit? I owned a Sz4 Julius jacquard bomber once which had a weird fit for me (bulkyness and constraints somewhat in the wrong places). Sz3 pants fit good though.

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                I've got the one on the left! Where is the holster?
                                Actually a different jacket from your SS10 version E, this one is the first moto jacket they made back in 2006.

Originally posted by Anton View Post
                                @dji how are the CCP sneakers in terms of comfort?
                                These along with the drip sneakers are actually surprisingly comfortable!

Awesome collection dji!
                                Despite the hangers I guess these are all Julius?
                                How do they fit? I owned a Sz4 Julius jacquard bomber once which had a weird fit for me (bulkyness and constraints somewhat in the wrong places). Sz3 pants fit good though.
                                Thanks, yes all Julius vintage #covidcollection haha. They all fit like a slim 44/46 in size 1, no issues with the fit throughout the body or arms.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎