• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nairb49
    • Dec 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="Chinorlz"][quote user="zamb"]

Good to see you settling into life in the lone star state, Albert............

Nice purchases, Study hard, do well and graduate fast.........

the world Needs Stylish Doctors!

[/quote]

Thanks for your well wishes Zamb! It's been quite a change but I've begun to embrace the life down here (sort of hehehe). I'm 3 minutes from the medical center so I'm very close to school with few distractions in between. That's a good thing hehe.

I had to COMPLETELY furnish the apartment so I'm going the minimalist approach with functionality being key.

Great job on the overlock entry on your blog, I'm gonna get a serger in the very very near future!

***gets back to reading up on medical ethics***

[/quote]

Heheh, looks like we're both at the same point with the same ideas Albert! I JUST bought a 37in Sharp Aquos, and I'm planning on getting a VERy similar futon type thing.

This one, for example, I found for quite cheap, it can also have a bi-fold up thing as a "headrest" i guess-

Similar design aesthetic we appear to be going for. Of course, I doubt I'll be able to get my hands on a CCP rug.....

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

nice purchases everyone.

cas, the rick owens layered shirt is fucking awesome. i want to plunk down for one, but considering what i've purchased as of late i need to take a breather.

lewisme, the Kosmetique Label shirt looks great. i'm not too familiar with the label, but read up the short blurb on aloha rag. sounds interesting.

jun, awesome buys. the luc pants are fucking great. the pair i have, not from s/s season, are very nice and relaxed. and the iphone is awesome. need to pick up the next gen version when it comes out. good luck on the ccp suit.

brian, my esther and i are looking to buy one of those sharp aquos tvs from costco for our new place in ny. how do you like it?

as far as a recent purchase, i just plunked down money for an apartment in manhattan that i'm renting this upcoming year. should be good times.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Hey Albert, so did the dual layered shirts come in a short sleeve version as well? Or you talking about the standard s/s tees?

I plan on getting one in dust too (actually, that's the color I was about to order from RO Paris before I found out no VAT deduction and high shipping cost!), but I guess I'll wait and see if Barneys or AB orders them.

Mike, I'm only guessing, but the jist I got from RO Paris is they will re stock some of the stuff like tees later on. They are still waiting for a bunch of things like some of the jackets and knit wear as well.

[/quote]

Hey Cas!

AFAIK the dual layered shirt is long sleeve only. I was just talking about the standard vintage fabric short sleeve tees. You're right though, it'd be downright stupid for RO to not produce more of the tees. A staple cash cow for sure

Jun... the CCP suit! Hot!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Hehe, Brian, us SZ'ers think alike!

Yeah there are seriously great deals to be had on furniture online with some smart shopping... basically I look at what is available on DWR and Moss and then find the knockoffs hahaha

Jun, I ALMOST got an iphone yesterday but an extra $20 a month (50% more than I pay already!)plus the $50 sim card/activation fee was something I didn't want to commit to for 2 years just yet... like Joey, I'ma wait til 2nd gen and then decide... until then my little samsung will do the job although that damn iphone is badass!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

Wow, everyone's gettin' the furnishings for thier crib, I love it. I should hopefully be doing the same thing in a few months.

Joey- I too have the Sharp Aquas and I love it. Mine is from a few years ago and the only thing that happened is when I installed the surround sound, it ended up making this weird line go through the middle of the tv and now it's burned in. The Sharp people said it was because the Bose speaker underneath the tv wasn't protected but of course Bose didn't agree with that...But to be honest, I would buy another Sharp in a heart beat (probably will soon!).

P.S. Word around the camp fire is that Apple is already working on a Iphone Nano to hit stores later this year. Now I don't quite know what features it is or isn't going to have but should be interesting. For myself, I would buy one but I don't need all the music player, etc. and if they made one without all that, for cheap, sign me up.
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

thanks for the info cas. i think we'll probably end up getting the sharp.

not to further derail this thread, but from what i heard about the iphone nano is that it'll utilize a scroll wheel rather than the touch interface of the iphone. that was just preliminary info, but that might be a deal breaker for a lot of people. at least it would be for me.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• LEWisMe
                • Jul 2007

[quote user="Avantster"]

Nice pickups LEWisME, how are you finding the the Kosmetique peacoat and shirt?

Been wanting to get my hands on some Kanya Miki forever.

[/quote]

Thanks Avanster. I'm starting to really like Kanya Miki's stuff. I can't pull off most of Ann D.'s pieces due to my body shape but the KL stuff fits me rather well. The construction quality is good on the shirt but excellent on the pea coat.

Aloha Rag just got in a few pieces from the F/W collection (more on the way) that are quite interesting. There are a couple of asymmetrical blazers that reminded me of Ann D.'s collection but a little less edgy. Unfortunately it didn't fit me well. I'd keep an eye out on the AR site over the next month.

Cheers.

"Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead." Rick Owens

Comment

• LEWisMe
                  • Jul 2007

Last purchase for a long time as I have to start saving for my Tokyo trip later this year:

Ann Demeulemeester silk/cotton shirt jacket

Colour is black but shiny and the flash just set it off.

"Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead." Rick Owens

Comment

• badseeds
                    • Mar 2007

^ nice. is that from aloha? im told they are holding 60% off sale now but maybethats only forin store purchase... havebeen eying at the white high-tops for a while.

Comment

• LEWisMe
                      • Jul 2007

[quote user="badseeds"]^ nice. is that from aloha? im told they are holding 60% off sale now but maybethats only forin store purchase... havebeen eying at the white high-tops for a while.[/quote]

Thanks. Yes, Aloha Rag is having a 60% off sale and they did tell me that it's in store only. Not sure if they'll honour the discount for phone orders. Come Thanksgiving the S/S pieces will go to 80% off but I couldn't wait since this was the last one they had in my size. The white high-tops are nice. Have you seen then in person?

Comment

• badseeds
                        • Mar 2007

^thanks for the info lewisme. nah, have seen some black hitops but not those white ones. if at60% off it'll bereally a good deal.

Comment

• cbdas
                          • Oct 2006

Got the Rick Owens longsleeve in dust as well . Fits perfectly .

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

On a different note, I feel good about not buying anything in the month of July [57]. I am trying not to be persuaded by bargains I don't need or not really want. Of course YOOX clearance should be soon, so that all might change [61]

I did buy a pair of boots for my daughter though. Stunning [:O]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Off White JPG wallet, from John, Its still in the Family Faust,

I will post a pic when i have time, really busy making suits for my Jamaica trip next week.

Faust save up the money, you will need it when i do he mens capsule collection for spring ,

I am going to JA to explore production possibilities with the artisans there, as I dont want it to be mass produced, and It wont be a big collection . It will be very reasonably priced too.............. For an artisanal collection, that is

Cant say too much now but i will make an official announcement when the time is right

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

/\ Looking forward to that. We'll meet once you get back.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎