Thread: Your recent purchases

  1. #16101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JD_May View Post
    I really need something like this. My shirt game is sorely lacking.
    So I grabbed this in response to myself, Lumen et Umbra



    Was advised to go tts, hope it works out okay.
    In a perfect world you could fuck people without ever giving them a piece of your heart.
    And every glittering kiss and every touch of flesh is another shard of heart you'll never see again.

  2. #16102

    Default

    I agree.

    If you're going to pull your dick out and wave it around, at least take some photos of yourself fucking so that we know you actually use it.

    I rarely post in WAYWT but I don't swing my dick around in here so I figure it all evens out.

    I'm speaking metaphorically, of course. No wiener shots, please.
    Sometimes it's interesting to see what people dig up and buy; other times I get the feeling that people really just want to post a scan of their receipt.

    And I absolutely have never understood the fascination of posting someone else's images of something you bought but haven't even received yet.

    I know the world is falling apart and that we are all slowly dying but there's nothing wrong with maintaining a certain amount of standards as we all slowly creep toward the end days.

    I like to think that if SZ members were on the Titanic, we'd be the group all dressed up calmly swigging drinks and smoking cigars as it sank. Now I'm starting to wonder if some of you wouldn't be trying to toss women and children out of the way to make room for your 'treasure trunks.'

    Normally this is the part where i'd reconsider actually posting this but I've had a few drinks tonight. I only regret not being able to attach a photo of my dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzar View Post
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

  3. #16103
    flux
    Guest

    Default

    beardown, you seem to have the ability to say the things on everyone's lips in such manner that it leaves the rest of us completely speechless. Nothing to add here except maybe as a minority here, my treasure trunks would be swimming in the water... we are hopefully not all that materialistic or are we?

  4. #16104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    I know there isn't much love for CoN on here, but finally got a 4th skin leather in XS last week and it fits like a dream. And perfect for this warmer weather.
    I do and I think their improved the leather treathment. It is getting better and expensive

  5. #16105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    seagulls
    Posts
    988

    Default

    If I was on the titanic I'd be doing Kate Winslet.

  6. #16106

    Default

    Beardown, I am glad that you had a few drinks.

  7. #16107

    Default

    i lol'd

    [QUOTE=beardown;295721]I agree.

    If you're going to pull your dick out and wave it around, at least take some photos of yourself fucking so that we know you actually use it.



    /QUOTE]

  8. #16108

    Default

    hmmm...

    its early and i'm a sensitive guy so i'm not sure if that post from beardown was directed at me specifically but i'm not going to debate it. i get it, i get what you're saying, and in many ways i agree. nor will i debate the merits of taking a photo of an item to post on the internet versus taking a photo of myself wearing an item to post on the internet.

    i can only state my thoughts on my posting habits. i don't post pictures of myself online because in my world and in my industry a certain amount of anonymity with respect to posting on a fashion forum is in my best interest. good, bad or otherwise, thats the real world. i think posting in waywt is a good thing and i'm glad people do it, because it is nice to see the garments in use and see other people's take on styling, etc. that's why i said i felt guilty taking and not giving back, which was also kind of a joke. secondly, i share these purchases i've made with people because for me this whole thing is supposed to be fun. as a social creature, sharing the experience is part of that fun. i have literally zero friends, acquaintances, peers, coworkers or colleagues that would even remotely understand why a 7 year old shirt from a defunct fashion label is literally a holy grail for me. so i post it here. it generates conversation and a joyful interaction. i don't post every purchase i make in here, only the rare and cool stuff. if this thread's existence is solely to provide a format for selfish boasting and bragging then lets delete it and we can all sit around in silence staring at our computer screens being cooler than cool, like well dressed hyper-judgemental wussies. personally i don't think thats the only reason for its existence.
    Last edited by cjbreed; 03-12-2011 at 11:43 AM.
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

  9. #16109

    Default

    beardown is the classless crassness police of sz
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

  10. #16110

    Default

    c, i didn't think it was directed at you

  11. #16111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjbreed View Post
    i have literally zero friends, acquaintances, peers, coworkers or colleagues that would even remotely understand why a 7 year old shirt from a defunct fashion label is literally a holy grail for me. so i post it here. it generates conversation and a joyful interaction. i don't post every purchase i make in here, only the rare and cool stuff. if this thread's existence is solely to provide a format for selfish boasting and bragging then lets delete it and we can all sit around in silence staring at our computer screens being cooler than cool, like well dressed hyper-judgemental wussies. personally i don't think thats the only reason for its existence.

    aren't we already doing this?

    anyway, nice post.

  12. #16112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kunk75 View Post
    c, i didn't think it was directed at you
    i think maybe it wasn't also (he may actually have been agreeing with me ) but i still felt like spouting off.

    oh and thanks Shucks
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

  13. #16113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjbreed View Post
    hmmm...

    its early and i'm a sensitive guy so i'm not sure if that post from beardown was directed at me specifically but i'm not going to debate it. i get it, i get what you're saying, and in many ways i agree. nor will i debate the merits of taking a photo of an item to post on the internet versus taking a photo of myself wearing an item to post on the internet.

    i can only state my thoughts on my posting habits. i don't post pictures of myself online because in my world and in my industry a certain amount of anonymity with respect to posting on a fashion forum is in my best interest. good, bad or otherwise, thats the real world. i think posting in waywt is a good thing and i'm glad people do it, because it is nice to see the garments in use and see other people's take on styling, etc. that's why i said i felt guilty taking and not giving back, which was also kind of a joke. secondly, i share these purchases i've made with people because for me this whole thing is supposed to be fun. as a social creature, sharing the experience is part of that fun. i have literally zero friends, acquaintances, peers, coworkers or colleagues that would even remotely understand why a 7 year old shirt from a defunct fashion label is literally a holy grail for me. so i post it here. it generates conversation and a joyful interaction. i don't post every purchase i make in here, only the rare and cool stuff. if this thread's existence is solely to provide a format for selfish boasting and bragging then lets delete it and we can all sit around in silence staring at our computer screens being cooler than cool, like well dressed hyper-judgemental wussies. personally i don't think thats the only reason for its existence.
    CJ,

    Absolutely not directed at you. I didn't read very far back...it was a general observation and I just really wanted to talk about swinging dicks more than anything. Honestly, I have respect for a lot of people on here who have earned it through various, different ways...I have respect for you so please don't take that as a dig.
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzar View Post
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

  14. #16114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    seagulls
    Posts
    988

    Default

    you know...its not that serious. People like posting in here because we all enjoy these brands, and want to show each other what we enjoy. I dunno bout you guys, but I don't really have anyone to share my excitement for buying what I buy. In fact I more often than not get scolded.



    There are many different reasons why people post here. Yes, it might be showboating at times, but cmon do we really need to take this false moral high ground or interject in this manner? People are taking photos of stuff they bought to receive the feel of approval and camaraderie in a sense. I think people are too sensitive about something they could simply overlook if it bothers them that much.

    In fact I say this as someone who simply browses through this thread cuz I'm curious about peoples purchasing habits, but I am too lazy and don't care enough to show every one of mine.

  15. #16115

    Default

    ^"In fact I more often than not get scolded" ^


    Glad, and extremely relieved... I though I was the only one.. I get roughed up even when I take 50% off the price!!!

  16. #16116

    Default



    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

  17. #16117

    Default

    So... Should I bother posting up that picture of my dick, or is it too late? It took a lot of work to get a good snap of it, is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by philip nod View Post
    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

  18. #16118

    Default

    No Beau my friend. You are clearly inebriated. Put down that cocktail.

  19. #16119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauIXI View Post
    So... Should I bother posting up that picture of my dick, or is it too late? It took a lot of work to get a good snap of it, is all.
    I didn't think I was a member of a forum like this.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

  20. #16120

    Default

    Congraturations !!
    Notorious Y's "shyacho" boots !!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •