Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Icarium
    • Oct 2010

Can always express your opinion :) No need for apologies.

Can you expand on what you mean by lack of engagement?

Comment

• BSR
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by neonrider View Post
      can i just say how predictable and slightly boring the multi ccp buys/looks are becoming* (with apologies, i just feel a lack of real engagement).

shirts are tough, i'm struggling at the moment too. i picked up a couple from lanvin as a standby, disappointed in recent shirting from julius/va/ann/etc.

*except christian's :)
      lots of people post ccp purchases, but there not so many ccp outfits in the waywt.
      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
        That is a beautiful shirt.

eaglewood's SS07 grey/green overlock

black horse scarstitch from lazzari.
        i don't see pics. should i be seeing pics?
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BSR View Post
          lots of people post ccp purchases, but there not so many ccp outfits in the waywt.
          i sometimes feel guilty that i don't post in the waywt. i take take take from it and never give back.

of course i can't operate a camera so i guess i should spare everyone the grief...

Comment

• Icarium
            • Oct 2010

Oh I didn't post any :) I'll take some when they arrive. The overlock has pics in the thread: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5173. The scarstitch is identical to the one that eckblk got but one size up.

I wish I had fits worthy to post :) I'm not a terribly stylish person and my photography skills are atrocious. I'm more of a clothing geek where individual pieces blow my mind based on aesthetics/design/materials/construction and I have to own them. Sadly that mentality doesn't translate into good fits :( I'm sure many here would think the pieces are wasted on me, but despite that I'm very happy to acquire them and take great pleasure in owning and wearing them.

So I post acquisitions I'm especially pleased to make in recent purchase threads :)

Comment

• JD_May
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by JD_May View Post
              I really need something like this. My shirt game is sorely lacking.
              So I grabbed this in response to myself, Lumen et Umbra

Was advised to go tts, hope it works out okay.
              In a perfect world you could fuck people without ever giving them a piece of your heart.
              And every glittering kiss and every touch of flesh is another shard of heart you'll never see again.

Comment

• beardown
                rekoner
                • Feb 2009

I agree.

If you're going to pull your dick out and wave it around, at least take some photos of yourself fucking so that we know you actually use it.

I rarely post in WAYWT but I don't swing my dick around in here so I figure it all evens out.

I'm speaking metaphorically, of course. No wiener shots, please.
                Sometimes it's interesting to see what people dig up and buy; other times I get the feeling that people really just want to post a scan of their receipt.

And I absolutely have never understood the fascination of posting someone else's images of something you bought but haven't even received yet.

I know the world is falling apart and that we are all slowly dying but there's nothing wrong with maintaining a certain amount of standards as we all slowly creep toward the end days.

I like to think that if SZ members were on the Titanic, we'd be the group all dressed up calmly swigging drinks and smoking cigars as it sank. Now I'm starting to wonder if some of you wouldn't be trying to toss women and children out of the way to make room for your 'treasure trunks.'

Normally this is the part where i'd reconsider actually posting this but I've had a few drinks tonight. I only regret not being able to attach a photo of my dick.
                Originally posted by mizzar
                Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• beardown, you seem to have the ability to say the things on everyone's lips in such manner that it leaves the rest of us completely speechless. Nothing to add here except maybe as a minority here, my treasure trunks would be swimming in the water... we are hopefully not all that materialistic or are we?

Comment

• gohn
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
                    I know there isn't much love for CoN on here, but finally got a 4th skin leather in XS last week and it fits like a dream. And perfect for this warmer weather.
                    I do and I think their improved the leather treathment. It is getting better and expensive

Comment

• Lane
                      • Aug 2010

If I was on the titanic I'd be doing Kate Winslet.

Comment

• ES3K
                        • Oct 2008

Beardown, I am glad that you had a few drinks.

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

i lol'd

[QUOTE=beardown;295721]I agree.

If you're going to pull your dick out and wave it around, at least take some photos of yourself fucking so that we know you actually use it.

/QUOTE]

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

hmmm...

its early and i'm a sensitive guy so i'm not sure if that post from beardown was directed at me specifically but i'm not going to debate it. i get it, i get what you're saying, and in many ways i agree. nor will i debate the merits of taking a photo of an item to post on the internet versus taking a photo of myself wearing an item to post on the internet.

i can only state my thoughts on my posting habits. i don't post pictures of myself online because in my world and in my industry a certain amount of anonymity with respect to posting on a fashion forum is in my best interest. good, bad or otherwise, thats the real world. i think posting in waywt is a good thing and i'm glad people do it, because it is nice to see the garments in use and see other people's take on styling, etc. that's why i said i felt guilty taking and not giving back, which was also kind of a joke. secondly, i share these purchases i've made with people because for me this whole thing is supposed to be fun. as a social creature, sharing the experience is part of that fun. i have literally zero friends, acquaintances, peers, coworkers or colleagues that would even remotely understand why a 7 year old shirt from a defunct fashion label is literally a holy grail for me. so i post it here. it generates conversation and a joyful interaction. i don't post every purchase i make in here, only the rare and cool stuff. if this thread's existence is solely to provide a format for selfish boasting and bragging then lets delete it and we can all sit around in silence staring at our computer screens being cooler than cool, like well dressed hyper-judgemental wussies. personally i don't think thats the only reason for its existence.
                            Last edited by cjbreed; 03-12-2011, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

beardown is the classless crassness police of sz
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• kunk75
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

c, i didn't think it was directed at you

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎