Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • magic
    • Feb 2009

Yes, i am talking about the ro. The avaitor is perfect so doesnt need any alteration:)

shawn- Ok.. I noticed the pocket differents.
    Focusing on object details

Comment

• interest1
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by shawn View Post

Just got this Rick Owens Showtek Leather Jkt. Quite strange..while the seller told me it's from 2010 AW, however it's different in details from what I 've seen anywhere else..Anyone has any advises?

The one I got only have 3 cuff buttons but others I found online all have 4 buttons. (both eBay and runway photo)
      and the pocket's stitching way is different. you can see from below photos.

The one I got

RO mobile me gallery stock photo

ref link: http://importworkwear.com/2012/11/in...arling-medium/

Rick Owens black sherling jacket - XS Was in selected stores for £2,275 http://www.flickr.com/photos/samueljoseph/sets/72157625299651144/ (PLEASE CHECK FLICKR FOR ALL IMAGES) PRICE £1,500 INCLUSIVE OF ALL FEES AND SHIPPING WORLDWIDE By far one of the most sought after jackets of the season, sol...

both items looks exactly same as stock photo above but mine is just different..damn. what's wrong with it

did I get a re-issue version of this showtek?

Shawn, those sleeves were most definitely cut down to accommodate the previous owner. I don't need to tell you that Rick goes extra long on ALL of his sleeves, leather or fabric – and that wouldn't change with a re-issue.

A lot of people are bothered by a sleeve which covers the entire hand and don't consider scrunching / folding a practical solution. The only alternative, then, is hacking – which Rick leathers easily lend themselves to given the raw edge on many of his styles.

Now as for the pocket difference, that one's a stumper. I don't understand why the surround on yours is stitched down, versus having that clean inward curl. That's an instant game-changer for me, as it unforgivably alters the overall silhouette of the jacket. It subtracts clean & adds fussy. Even if they needed to size it down for better fit, I can't see touching those pockets for any reason.

Makes me curious about how the seller described the jacket in his listing. Any fine print? And what do you mean by "the seller told me"? What questions did you ask, and did they provide actual photos of the item – or generic stock images? The latter should always be a red flag.

The bottom line here is do you still like the jacket, despite the differences? Does it fit you, and do you feel good in it?
      If no, I see a Paypal claim in your future. Get your money back.

*Only other thought, and I hope I'm wrong here, is that you unwittingly bought yourself one of those half-decent replicas coming out of India. Search leather anything on eBay and half the shit nowadays is coming from there.

Perhaps the latest sweatshop trend . . .
      sain't

Comment

• voice_on_tape
        • Jun 2011

^im not sure what other leathers you're referring to with raw edges that are easily shortened. Most Rick leathers I've ever seen have finished sleeves. I'd actually be interested in something like that. I know the newest bauhaus has buttons as apposed to zippers but I wouldn't say it has a raw hem...
        -v_o_t
        sale items

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by theseasonofmist View Post

I stopped by Selfridges today; they have an incredible sale on Dries AW/12. I could not resist...

Surat skirt

Clutch

Leather bracelet

Cashmere scarf

theseasonofmist, beautiful skirt, beautiful scarf.

The amazing thing about DVN is how, in person, the pieces are much more special / emotional, than any photo can translate. Almost achingly so. Explains why Dries has held a very special place in my heart for nearly 2 decades.

As for Selfridges, I bought my first Rick jacket there back in 2005, walking out the door with it right on my back.
          It was the only leather left on the rack, two sizes too big, dull not deep black – and absolutely fucking perfect. I was overjoyed in that grateful beggars can't be choosers kind of way that supersedes all logic in those little moments of magic.

Peasant, checked out your aviator in the archives earlier. Seriously, WOW.
          Bet you're happy! :)

voice_on_tape, replace the word "raw" with "clean" and the same would still hold true / the same result could be achieved. But yes, I know they're not the same thing. I've taken scissors to Dick on more than one occasion (quite lovingly, mind you).
          sain't

Comment

• shawn
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
            Shawn, those sleeves were most definitely cut down to accommodate the previous owner. I don't need to tell you that Rick goes extra long on ALL of his sleeves, leather or fabric – and that wouldn't change with a re-issue.

A lot of people are bothered by a sleeve which covers the entire hand and don't consider scrunching / folding a practical solution. The only alternative, then, is hacking – which Rick leathers easily lend themselves to given the raw edge on many of his styles.

Now as for the pocket difference, that one's a stumper. I don't understand why the surround on yours is stitched down, versus having that clean inward curl. That's an instant game-changer for me, as it unforgivably alters the overall silhouette of the jacket. It subtracts clean & adds fussy. Even if they needed to size it down for better fit, I can't see touching those pockets for any reason.

Makes me curious about how the seller described the jacket in his listing. Any fine print? And what do you mean by "the seller told me"? What questions did you ask, and did they provide actual photos of the item – or generic stock images? The latter should always be a red flag.
            Hi Thanks so much for your input. Looks like mine is like this one but with different sleeves..

Check this out. the pocket details are same...

Now it makes me confuse..is it a re-issued one? googled and got nothing but the original 2010 version.

Another story is the seller had this jkt altered by a skilled tailor . Changed a lot. even the shoulder's details are different from the original one. I will put compare photo later on.
            Stay tuned...

gosh, either way, I feel I was fooled by the seller who claimed he got the exact same showtek jkt from 2010 F/W.

Comment

• voice_on_tape
              • Jun 2011

I'm thinking you got a replica by his wording but maybe post the listing ? But it may be a proto or something are tags and everything present ?
              -v_o_t
              sale items

Comment

• voice_on_tape
                • Jun 2011

Actually I take that back, sounds more like the previous owner bought a size or two too big and hacked it down to size :/
                -v_o_t
                sale items

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

voice on tape with all due respect you have no clue what you're talking about. what you are suggesting is impossible. had you ever handled this jacket you would know this.

i currently own two showteks. here they are side by side in pics inspired by the above exchange.

there are multiple iterations of this jacket as there are with other rick owens items and i believe it was made in both 2009 and 2010. there is absolutely zero difference in length between the three and four button sleeves as is evident in the photo. the panel where the buttons are is the same length as well. note there is more space between the three buttons than four. the pocket is the same on both jackets.

these sz kangaroo courts are getting tedious especially in instances like this where those who lead the inquisition demonstrate no familiarity with the matter. see endorphinz in the darklands bashing thread as an example. too much interwebz too little reality. scary. needs to stop.
                  Last edited by AKA*NYC; 12-31-2012, 08:07 AM.
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• interest1
                    • Nov 2008

Mystery solved, case closed.

Thank you for stepping in, AKA*NYC.

. .
                    sain't

Comment

• endorphinz
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post

these sz kangaroo courts are getting tedious especially in instances like this where those who lead the inquisition demonstrate no familiarity with the matter. see endorphinz in the darklands bashing thread as an example
                      reallY? i'd very much like some clarification/elaboration via pm please

Comment

• the breaks
                        • Sep 2007

PM is boring.. elaborate here instead :)
                        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• michael_kard
                          • Oct 2010

From what i remember the stitched pocket detail was from Mountain (FW11).
                          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

goodbye cruel year
                            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• endorphinz
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009

Comment

• eton97
                                • Dec 2008

Augusta heavy horse derby

Thick and heavy as hell.....perfect work alternative to my ccp bison derbyz...more rounded toe cap than ccp, but by no means as round as a boot

you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎