X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Badass! Love that coat. Well, and everything else.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 13we2
      • Sep 2015

_____
      Last edited by 13we2; 02-28-2018, 07:52 AM. Reason: wrong guess

Comment

• jap808
        • Dec 2012

@13we2 it's the SS17 iteration: if I'm not wrong, the exact model is P13RF-F1944 in BLACK RUST (depending on ambient's light, they may have a rust/red/greenish shade).
        As for the rest I confirm about the heavy waxing and the stiffness, while some recent model are less waxed and more "painted".
        My only problem with P13 is that my hips could probably fit a Medium, but my thigh reclame a Large: so the RF fits a tad large (or not so fitted as I'd like) on legs, while the TF... well, I really can't event enter my leg in the TF size Large so I'll never know :D
        [ADD] so, why bother?! ;))

@Faust: thanks :)

Better pic courtesy of someone else -->
        Last edited by jap808; 03-01-2018, 02:50 AM.

Comment

• 13we2
          • Sep 2015

Well sorry then please totally ignore what I said above. Couldn't see the rust shades in the pics. I have the XTF from SS17 also in black rust, they actually feel much more flexible and comfortable than the AW1516 RF one I meantioned above because of the stretch to it.

Yeah big hip and slim leg is the problem common to all bbs jeans, I'm sure you are not the only one experiencing it, just find a balance in between. But I guess since RF does work for you why bother for the TF? :)

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
            • Apr 2013

its funny because in that photo it certainly does not capture the way it looks at all, i had the same issue with my pair as in someone was asking about them and on my phone it looked like regular vinyls lmao.

edit: new pic very much captures it :)
            Last edited by TriggerDiscipline; 03-01-2018, 04:42 AM.
            Originally posted by unwashed
            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
            Originally posted by Ahimsa
            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• brotzeit
              • Feb 2018

Is anyone here aware of the brand "Charles and Keith"? I have seen their shops around Asia before and the bags seem to be really nice quality and it has an affordable price tag too. What can you say about the quality in the long run?

Comment

• Burkett.faraola
                • Mar 2018

can you share the inside tags for the Ruffo Research piece, sometimes I find the pieces with the same color/ style tag but it will just Say Ruffo for the woven label and the inside The inside care and content tag will have research.
                thanks!

Comment

• kattah
                  • Feb 2018

I bought a Rick Owens dark dust sequin wool jacket, guidi back zip ankle boots, rick owens leather & suede waist tie jacket, rick owens ruhlmann boots, rick owens silk & leather zip up bomber, rick owens lace up naska leather jacket and givenchy shark tooth open toe sandals. all from consignment and/or ebay. retail value of said items would be around approx $17K CDN and I paid approx total of $2700 with shipping and duty tax included :D

I rarely buy new, only if it's a must have piece.
                  Last edited by kattah; 03-23-2018, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• kattah
                    • Feb 2018

Originally posted by jap808 View Post
                    Finally, got a new (i)Phone with a decent camera so I could took some pics of my not-so-recent last purchase:

Forme d'Expression Fiamma scarf: "everyone should own one Forme scarf (at least)" (cit.)

Rick Owens silk Wotan Peacot down jacket: my first down jacket!
                    Super-light, but extremely warm. Get a lot of compliments for the silk: it makes the jacket look gorgeous imho.

BBS Bamba: the more I wear them, the more I love them. Consistent leather and sole.

BBS P13 rusted RF: maybe not the best colorway, but I get this on sale at a very nice price. The color has some red/rust/greenish shade. I'd love to get the TF, but my leg simply doesn't enter in the TF.

wow love that scarf! I just ordered mine, decent price point for a unique item. looks like i did end up buying something new after all

Comment

• kattah
                      • Feb 2018

Originally posted by haydn View Post
                      Recent deliveries from the sales. Rick bomber (wanted the Drkshdw one, but ended up with one from the mainline as the price was too good to pass up). Jacket from Haider - again, a steal. And the cracked leather boots from Walrus - had initially been holding out for a smoother leather, but rarely find them in my size at a price I can afford... very happy with them in person!

And as a bonus; the womens silk velvet cape from Mastodon which I bought when I was drunk but don't regret it.

gorgeous purchases & hello from TDOT!
                      Last edited by kattah; 03-23-2018, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• kattah
                        • Feb 2018

rick owens lace-up leather naska jacket in detail, gorgeous thick calf leather

Comment

• k3mist
                          • Apr 2013

2nd bambas...this is a problem. Need the high top desert beige ones now...

Comment

• stagename
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by jap808 View Post

Rick Owens silk Wotan Peacot down jacket: my first down jacket!
                            Can I ask where you got this? I've been looking for one forever in a similar fabric and haven't been able to locate one. It seems buyers rarely pick up on it, and it's not offered every season.

Thanks!

Comment

• Monoral
                              • Mar 2014

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
                              I finally bought a black BBS J4 leather jacket! Man - soooooooo much better than I expected. Soft, detailed with amazing zippers and the rusty waist buckle. Not stiff at all with thick and substantial horse leather. In love with it! Mmmmmmm.....
                              How do they fit? I'm thinking of getting one myself but i'm not sure if i should size up or not. I have a very broad shoulders and all my BBS leather i've owned so far had been very tight around that area.

Comment

• jap808
                                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by stagename View Post
                                Can I ask where you got this? I've been looking for one forever in a similar fabric and haven't been able to locate one. It seems buyers rarely pick up on it, and it's not offered every season.

Thanks!
                                Sure!
                                Got this from Yoox, last december, but seems rather hard to find. If I'm not wrong, Spence had one.

Yesterday, Yoox had the nylon one on sale at less than Euro 600, but I have to say the silk looks gorgeous: I always receive an incredible/unexpected amount of compliments for this jacket...
                                Last edited by jap808; 04-05-2018, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎