• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Your recent purchases

What did you buy recently? I hit up Barneys warehouse sale, but I found nothing noteworthy. I just bought a pair of Levi's Premium "strummer" model jeans for everyday wear. For $30 I can't complain. There were also some Cloak boots that were pretty covetable, but I passed. I wish I had the type of luck Caffeine did with her Ann Demeulemeester footwear!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Buckwheat
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

I bought a pair of Paul Harnden linen pants with braces from Yoox...My first PH item. The cotton lining adds weight and shape the pants and make them look really "rough". I like the earthy feel of them.

I also bought a silk/cotton shirt and a linen jacket (Paul harnden also, a huge markdown on Yoox) for my girlfriend. I am waiting for the UPS to show up [:)]

Comment

• rach2jlc
      • Sep 2006

I recently bought a S/S 2005 (her final season) Jil Sander buffalo skin bag.I've been using it for work and really like the size and the durability of the leather.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Nice pickups, rach2jic and Buckwheat. Buckwheat post a pic when you get a chance!

I love the color of the bag.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Buckwheat
          • Sep 2006

Will do [B][Y]

[quote user="Faust"]

Nice pickups, rach2jic and Buckwheat. Buckwheat post a pic when you get a chance!

I love the color of the bag.

[/quote]

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

i like harden footwear and some of his clothing- but the cut is so anti-fit i really don't know how to wear it. i was tempted to buy a blazer- it was made out of different shades of maroon and burgundy- but i couldn't stomach the $1000 price tag even after a 50% discount. hope yoox puts up some nice stuff as the season goes on...

Comment

• Buckwheat
              • Sep 2006

Yes they are very expensive (I got mine at deep discount) I agreed his
              clothes might be hard to wear. I think his cut are pretty much
              the same each season from what I have seen on website (I have never
              seen any in person before buying my first pair of pants) The materials
              however seem really nice. (wool, linen, cotton) To me the style is
              relax, earthy, zen kind of way. I think that's what I like about
              it. And I like baggy/roomy pants these days. I too wish to
              get my hands on one of his blazer.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                • Sep 2006

yeah some of the silk/cotton/linen shirts i tried on were amazing.

Comment

• Avantster
                  ¤¤¤
                  • Sep 2006

Nice purchases Faust, Buckwheat, rach2jlc.

Buckwheat how heavy was the markdown? Just wondering as I've only seen most Yoox items go down to at most around 50%. Either way, I certainly like the sound of PH. I think I heard he does the tailoring himself, is that true?

rach2jlc I like the look of that bag. How much larger than A4 is it? I've been looking for a work bag that can carry more than just some documents and a sweater/lunch/keys/whatever for a while.

Recently I've purchased:

Black & grey Ann D wool/cashmere/mohair extra long scarf that I
                  preordered - too bad it's just starting to get warmer here already, but
                  I just love the intricate knitting.

Olive Chalayan zip up bondage jacket off ebay for a bargain - casual jacket perfect for the coming spring.

Grey Issey Miyake double faced wrinkly cotton pants bought at 80% off -
                  they are so light & comfortable, I am sure I'll be wearing them a
                  lot in spring. Hard to describe but on the outer side the fabric has
                  tiny uniform pin holes for breathability. The inner side is like a fine
                  cotton mesh.

Hope to get pictures after I get my camera back!

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Buckwheat
                    • Sep 2006

Avantster - good to see you around here.

The markdown
                    on my pants is only 50% off. But the women jacket and shirt are
                    more than 50%. I think maybe 80%? I think the jacket was
                    around $830 and markdown to $168. Maybe Yoox made a
                    mistake. but that was a deal!

Here are some pics. I just got them today.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Comment

• Buckwheat
                      • Sep 2006

I am having problem posting - both text and pictures. I need a new computer quick!

here
                      is the silk with cotton lining shirt. I think this is
                      beautiful. I love the collar and cuff detail...and cotton covered
                      button.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Comment

• Buckwheat
                        • Sep 2006

pic for the pants with braces. With rough (almost like crushed effect) cotton lining

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Comment

• xcoldricex
                          • Sep 2006

love the women's stuff- i need to get my ladyfriend a bday present soon'1 i missed those on yoox though.

Comment

• Monty76
                            • Sep 2006

My First Post Here!!!

Yeah so i bought this Undercover Knit Cardigan today.. i was surprised because i thought that with the buttons it wouldnt look good zipped up... but it looks good zipped up, buttoned up, and just left open...

Comment

• rach2jlc
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Avantster"]

rach2jlc I like the look of that bag. How much larger than A4 is it? I've been looking for a work bag that can carry more than just some documents and a sweater/lunch/keys/whatever for a while.

[/quote]

Nice to see you here, too, Avantster.

The bag is huge; I think I could fit my first apartment into it.[:)] It's about 16wX14tX8 inches deep. But, like you, I was looking for something that could carry a little more than just documents. I had a smaller tote-like bag, but it just couldn't fit anything in there. This one, I can put books, notebooks, a phone, an extra pair of clothes, a pair of shoes, etc. It is just the size I was looking for; so many bags are either too small or so large they look like luggage. This one is smaller than an overnight bag but larger than a tote/bookbag, etc.

I'm not sure what Raf has offered in the way of accessories for Jil Sander this season; I got this one because it was from Jil's last season (s/s '05). But, my guess would be that they would have something similar each season.

Totally unrelated, but if you ever wonder what season your Jil item came from, you simply look at the last number by the barcode. For example, my bag says XXXXXXX51. 5=2005 and the 1 is for spring/summer. 2 is for fall/winter.I have somepants that are XXXXXX32, whichwould be a/w 2003, etc. Totally random, useless information perhaps, but still fun nevertheless (especially for those of us who rely on Yoox).

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎