X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

It's not fashion, but I recently ordered a Francis Francis X3 espresso machine, and today I picked up a passable grinder, the capresso infinity in stainless steel, in anticipation of the machine's arrival. It may not be much, but I've been using a crap machine and I'm a bit of a latte junkie so I'm really excited about the upgrade. I'll post a pick when it arrives, the Francis Francis is supposed to be quite a nice piece of design.
    music

Comment

• threerepute
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"]

Those are double identities, right? If you
      keep looking, there appear to be many stores which stock them online.
      Seven New York, for one. Just google "double identity shoes."

(here for instance: http://www.schuhstore.co.uk/champion...BLE%20IDENTITY)

[/quote]

<>jake has them much cheaper than everyone else, plus free shipping.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]It's not fashion, but I recently ordered a Francis Francis X3 espresso machine, and today I picked up a passable grinder, the capresso infinity in stainless steel, in anticipation of the machine's arrival. It may not be much, but I've been using a crap machine and I'm a bit of a latte junkie so I'm really excited about the upgrade. I'll post a pick when it arrives, the Francis Francis is supposed to be quite a nice piece of design.[/quote]

Nice!!!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Got a pair of 45rpm sorahiko jeans off of Ebay (thanks ColdRice for advising on these). The denim looks really beautiful. I think this completes my jeans color palette ranging from pale blue to black.

that's a great pick up, especially for the price. those look like the black overdyes, no? my pair definitely hasn't seen enough wear.

[/quote]
          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

Faust, I love the jeans!

The top part of this outfit, minus the cabaret ornament. Margiela's interpretation of a cushion cover.

It is absolutely amazing in person. The runway picture doesn't remotely do it justice. Can be worn open, or cinched at the waist, as shown.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

ah lovely top/skirt!

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Thank you guys for the compliments, guys! DDOH, I am not sure - I know they are dyed with indigo (must tell my wife not to wash them with other clothes) - I'll tell you the exact color once I get them (today, hopefully).

Laika, the top looks really lovely - would be nice to see how it looks in real life. Nice to see you back!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

thanks guys!

I tried to take some pics of it, but the light has been so gloomy lately and I couldn't get the details to show up. I'll try again when it clears up a bit. I am ridiculously excited about it.

So, we've finally settled into the new digs (after heaps of stress and a week of illness for me ). Close proximity to the Margiela store is proving to be financially damaging, after a mere week of living down here. I also got (gift from BF) a dark navy pea coat with exposed pockets (they hang down like little pouches) from Line 6. So happy about it--fits perfectly!

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Thank you guys for the compliments, guys! DDOH, I am not sure - I know they are dyed with indigo (must tell my wife not to wash them with other clothes) - I'll tell you the exact color once I get them (today, hopefully).

Laika, the top looks really lovely - would be nice to see how it looks in real life. Nice to see you back!

[/quote]

faust, they're dyed with synthetic indigo then overdyed with japanese ink (suminando) - when they fade you'll see the indigo undertones amongst the white fibers. really nice.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"][quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]

faust, they're dyed with synthetic indigo then overdyed with japanese ink (suminando) - when they fade you'll see the indigo undertones amongst the white fibers. really nice.

[/quote]

Sounds cool. One day maybe I'll read the entire SuperFuture denim section... although that will probably require me to quit my job for half a year. [:)]

Laika, congratulations on the move!!! I'm glad everything worked out. And what a nice boyfriend you have!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="xcoldricex"][quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds cool. One day maybe I'll read the entire SuperFuture denim section... although that will probably require me to quit my job for half a year. [:)]

Laika, congratulations on the move!!! I'm glad everything worked out. And what a nice boyfriend you have!

[/quote]

Suminandos=great pickup!!

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Just got the jeans - damn, they are sweet. Can't wait to get home and try them on. I thought they'd be harder, but they are very soft!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
                            • Sep 2006

yeah 45rpm's are one washed and are softer than most of the other japanese denim brands.

i just got a pair of the "stiff-like-cardboard, will-stand-up-on-their-own" variety

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

/\ the cut looks really nice.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

So, I did not like the way the jeans fit [:(] . As much as I love the denim, up on classifieds (here and on SF) they go.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎