Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aussy
    • Jul 2011

I've resisted using an iPhone since their inception but I recently decided to try one out (SE, will jailbreak in the near future) because it was free from my provider and one of the only small and capable phones still on the market. I picked up a Claustrum case in an effort to debrand the phone without making it clunky. The added functionality of the stand is nice but I bought this case solely based on its appearance.

However, I can't recommend it. The steel is thin and flimsier than I expected, which is probably intentional to avoid adding extra bulk. The point where the curved corner meets the bent side is a little sharp so it doesn't have a good hand feel. Lastly, the phone doesn't sit completely flush within the case causing a ~1mm gap and some motion between the phone's back and the velvet liner. This last point sounds minor but it adds to the unsubstantial feeling of the case.

I still like how the case looks, but at that price I would have returned it in a heartbeat if I hadn't bought it from a Japanese retailer, or at least exchanged it for the 'blackening' finish (matte black is more uniform that I was expecting and shows fingerprints within seconds of handling).

I couldn't find much discussion on Claustrum before my purchase so hopefully this helps someone. To each their own of course. I'm still tempted by their business card holder but have no use one.

Last edited by aussy; 02-03-2017, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• poniello
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by bi09111997 View Post
      [IMG]gif uploader[/IMG]
      Rick owens coat from Faun
      AMAZING!

Comment

• neostrifeX
        • Jun 2013

Finally got to pick these up.

Comment

• Tiranis
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by neostrifeX View Post
          Nice. If you don't mind, which store did you find them at? Everywhere I've checked is expecting arrivals in late Feb/early March.

Comment

• Campe92
            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by neostrifeX View Post

Really nice man, i've pre ordered the white/green one, but i have to wait maybe till the end of March =(
            "I'm not working in the mainstream, i'm working on the side street, side dark street, it is quite comfortable." [Yohji Yamamoto]

Comment

• StolenBread
              • Nov 2016

These came in last monday

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                • Apr 2013

[QUOTE=neostrifeX;524794]Finally got to pick these up.

ive had the black slab ones for a while, didnt seem to find much difference so those will do for me, im still interested in some color ones though.
                Originally posted by unwashed
                Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                Originally posted by Ahimsa
                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• UserName1
                  • Feb 2017

Future's

Comment

• Monoral
                    • Mar 2014

Those 11BBS sneaks, anything special with em? are they waterproof/resistant? can you like run in them. Kinda need a new kicks for late night long walk.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                      Those 11BBS sneaks, anything special with em? are they waterproof/resistant? can you like run in them. Kinda need a new kicks for late night long walk.
                      they are stylized Salomon sneakers, so I imagine they are functional. The base model is probably for trail running etc.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Campe92
                        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                        A friend of mine have a base salomon model and he told me they are absolutely waterproof and very comfortable, i'm quite sure will be good for long walk...
                        "I'm not working in the mainstream, i'm working on the side street, side dark street, it is quite comfortable." [Yohji Yamamoto]

Comment

• r3dbarr0n1
                          • Jul 2015

So these happened... First major purchase (and probably the only major purchase) for SS17.

P13 Hand Stitched Tight Fit

Huge shout to Kyle from BBSNY for the hook up!

Super comfortable, and beautiful fit. Incredible with the overstitched/scar-stitched seam details.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                          Last edited by r3dbarr0n1; 02-13-2017, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

These are really beautiful and the work that goes into them is incredible. Congrats!
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 13we2
                              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Campe92 View Post
                              Really nice man, i've pre ordered the white/green one, but i have to wait maybe till the end of March =(
                              Verticelondon has them now. (I mean Salomon shoes)

Those P13s are insane. Why don't they vinyl these ones?
                              Last edited by 13we2; 02-14-2017, 10:10 AM. Reason: wrong quote sorry

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
                                Verticelondon has them now. (I mean Salomon shoes)

Those P13s are insane. Why don't they vinyl these ones?
                                They do! The NY store has the vinyl ones.

You know, the more I look at the black BBS sneakers, the more I am inclined to buy a pair.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎