• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

I concur with Fuuma. We were at the Library about two weeks apart from each other. That sweater was great, wasn't it? The season before he did a dress shirt and a l/s top like that. I most loved the reversible pants, cotton jeans on one side, wool dress pants on the other side. $2k was a funny price to look at though.

Johnny, I think you could get away without sizing up and settling for wear just one layer of fabric underneath (like a l/s tee or a dress shirt).

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

I concur with Fuuma. We were at the Library about two weeks apart from each other. That sweater was great, wasn't it? The season before he did a dress shirt and a l/s top like that. I most loved the reversible pants, cotton jeans on one side, wool dress pants on the other side. $2k was a funny price to look at though.

Johnny, I think you could get away without sizing up and settling for wear just one layer of fabric underneath (like a l/s tee or a dress shirt).

[/quote]

Yeah I saw the other pieces with wire, I definitely think that when he made the sweater he made the leap from interesting/innovative idea to aesthetically pleasing, wearable piece. I personnally don't care too much about CCP prices as I like the concept/looking at the pieces and their make but aside from very few exceptions I'm not really interested in wearing/owning them and don't think they fit my wardrobe/style or compliment my look in any positive way.

Some pieces I'd wear: the sweater w/wires, angled zip boots, hockeye boots. That's pretty much all I can think of. I think the gloves look like used leather gloves that were left in a cold car for too long, plus the joined fingers is gimmicky enough we'd laugh at it if it was from Dolce or hot topic. BTW since Chinorz mentionned he got them, no offense, you own some great pieces (including the aforementionned angled zip CCP boots) and if they work for you fine.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"][quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]

Yeah I saw the other pieces with wire, I definitely think that when he made the sweater he made the leap from interesting/innovative idea to aesthetically pleasing, wearable piece. I personnally don't care too much about CCP prices as I like the concept/looking at the pieces and their make but aside from very few exceptions I'm not really interested in wearing/owning them and don't think they fit my wardrobe/style or compliment my look in any positive way.

Some pieces I'd wear: the sweater w/wires, angled zip boots, hockeye boots. That's pretty much all I can think of. I think the gloves look like used leather gloves that were left in a cold car for too long, plus the joined fingers is gimmicky enough we'd laugh at it if it was from Dolce or hot topic. BTW since Chinorz mentionned he got them, no offense, you own some great pieces (including the aforementionned angled zip CCP boots) and if they work for you fine.

[/quote]

No offense taken at all! I definitely understand there are individual tastes for designs/designers. I was having a discussion with Coldrice a couple days ago and talking about how I just didn't "get" Harnden clothes. I always found them (even after seeing the stuff in person at IF) to be very....amish/country.

The lists of CCP stuff that people have seen at the Library makes me really really want to go. I can't believe I missed checking it out at the beginning of summer when I was in London! Grrr.

I echo your sentiment Faust in regards to DH being dead (I barely read the msn forum anymore because it's just so ridiculous at this point), and few other designers putting out interesting pieces. I never really "got" Margiela either admittedly. Even after checking out his London boutique, the clothes just aren't mind-blowing.

If I could only afford to buy tons and tons of Carpe, CCP and Demeulemeester hehehe. Ah well, I think the approach will be the same as it was for me when I got into DH. A couple pieces here and there, and just slowly build it up... waiting for good deals on good pieces.

.....and waiting for sales timeat Atelier and IF!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Johnny
          • Sep 2006

Completely agree with this. Those CCP leathers are beautiful things, but they would absolutely wear you, and not the other way around. Margiela is the way I think.....

Actually my nexy purchase is likely to be a black cashmere and wool Kilgour overcoat for work. It too is really beautiful, but in a different way

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

i agree for the most part, most of cpp's leathers are very costumey to the point where they wear the wearer. his short leather jackets this season (not the overlock one) looks very wearable as did the overlock bomber from a few seasons ago. i love ccp, but sometimes the things he makes are better to look at than to wear.

cdiem on the other hand, i'd say you have to have the right personality/swagger to wear. even at lift the guy was telling me that this piece matched my personality well while another one didn't- and i think that's very true. i also find it amazing how much life there is in cdiem/lmaltieri pieces- they are pretty boring to look at on a computer screen - at least i think so - but they really have a unique aura about them in person but they really have to match up with the wearer.

wow this thread got off track.. haha. these past few posts should be in the poell thread and the sizing thread!

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

poell shirt

Comment

• Monty76
                • Sep 2006

I havent bought anything in awhile but hopefully that will change after a trip to Paris later this week... anyways, here is the number (n)ine jacket i said i would post a while back... i liked it because it was more subtle than the other jackets this season,but it still has theembroidery detail on the sleeve, the leather strip on the back and the infamous clovers... it's a great cut too...

Comment

• djrajio
                  • Sep 2006

I think xcoldricex has that same jacket.

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

Nice jacket!

Continuing on my Chalayan rampage, I got these little slippers, in beige. Won't be able to wear them until spring, of course.

(Laika secretly thinks she is a turkish princess)

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="djrajio"]I think xcoldricex has that same jacket.[/quote]

nah mine's from an older season. has velvet and cobweb buttons, not embroidery. this one is a bit classier (minus the clovers), good buy.

nice shoes! :)

Comment

• djrajio
                        • Sep 2006

Was it dark then? I know someone from SF has that jacket. I've seen it up close at Isetan, details are great but I was a bit unwelmed by the quality of the wool. I don't remember if it has pick stitching or is floating canvassed.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                          • Sep 2006

you're right, dark has the same blazer. i'd like it better without the clover details.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Cute shoes, laika. What are you going to wear them with?
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• droogist
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

you're right, dark has the same blazer. i'd like it better without the clover details.

[/quote]Nothing a pair of sewing scissors can't fix. :P It's still a very nice blazer. Good on you, coldrice and Monty.

Lucky laika! I wanted to get those last season, but they didn't fit me right :( Very adorable - I love the colour.

Might as well post my latest conquest here as well - this H Chalayan dress, in black:

viabusstop.com

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Very pretty, droogist! I have a feeling you posted this picture before - was this dress on your wishlist?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎