Thread: Your recent purchases

Default Re: Your recent purchases

thanks for the info cas. i think we'll probably end up getting the sharp.

not to further derail this thread, but from what i heard about the iphone nano is that it'll utilize a scroll wheel rather than the touch interface of the iphone. that was just preliminary info, but that might be a deal breaker for a lot of people. at least it would be for me.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

[quote user="Avantster"]

Nice pickups LEWisME, how are you finding the the Kosmetique peacoat and shirt?

Been wanting to get my hands on some Kanya Miki forever.

[/quote]

Thanks Avanster. I'm starting to really like Kanya Miki's stuff. I can't pull off most of Ann D.'s pieces due to my body shape but the KL stuff fits me rather well. The construction quality is good on the shirt but excellent on the pea coat.

Aloha Rag just got in a few pieces from the F/W collection (more on the way) that are quite interesting. There are a couple of asymmetrical blazers that reminded me of Ann D.'s collection but a little less edgy. Unfortunately it didn't fit me well. I'd keep an eye out on the AR site over the next month.

Cheers.

"Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead." Rick Owens

Last purchase for a long time as I have to start saving for my Tokyo trip later this year:

Ann Demeulemeester silk/cotton shirt jacket

Colour is black but shiny and the flash just set it off.

"Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead." Rick Owens

^ nice. is that from aloha? im told they are holding 60% off sale now but maybethats only forin store purchase... havebeen eying at the white high-tops for a while.

[quote user="badseeds"]^ nice. is that from aloha? im told they are holding 60% off sale now but maybethats only forin store purchase... havebeen eying at the white high-tops for a while.[/quote]

Thanks. Yes, Aloha Rag is having a 60% off sale and they did tell me that it's in store only. Not sure if they'll honour the discount for phone orders. Come Thanksgiving the S/S pieces will go to 80% off but I couldn't wait since this was the last one they had in my size. The white high-tops are nice. Have you seen then in person?

^thanks for the info lewisme. nah, have seen some black hitops but not those white ones. if at60% off it'll bereally a good deal.

Got the Rick Owens longsleeve in dust as well . Fits perfectly .

On a different note, I feel good about not buying anything in the month of July [57]. I am trying not to be persuaded by bargains I don't need or not really want. Of course YOOX clearance should be soon, so that all might change [61]

I did buy a pair of boots for my daughter though. Stunning [:O]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Off White JPG wallet, from John, Its still in the Family Faust,

I will post a pic when i have time, really busy making suits for my Jamaica trip next week.

Faust save up the money, you will need it when i do he mens capsule collection for spring ,

I am going to JA to explore production possibilities with the artisans there, as I dont want it to be mass produced, and It wont be a big collection . It will be very reasonably priced too.............. For an artisanal collection, that is

Cant say too much now but i will make an official announcement when the time is right

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

/\ Looking forward to that. We'll meet once you get back.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Recently made some very special purchases but my camera has been very uncooperative, so these pics will have to do. [51]

Ivory wool and linen wrap top with wavy neckline--the back part is linen, so the neck actually stands up in the back a bit and frames the face. [64]

Black pleated wrap skirt with leather belt/ties--the pleats look normal in the back but are asymmetrically inverted in the front. [H]

both by Zam Barrett and both absolutely exquisite in person. [64]

Also, unearthed from a consignment shop in Westport:

1) Ann Dem assymetrically buttoned mid-length jacket (for my mom)--$18, brand new

2) Jil Sander white blouse with collar and buttons displaced to one arm (also for mom)--$21

3) Vintage YSL cape/top with neck tie (for me)--$50 [67]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

wow, great pickups Laika! Zam Barrett's stuff looks utterly phenomenal. What a guy

Thanks, Chim. He is, indeed. [51]
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Awesome purchase, laika. Zam's stuff looks great even on these small pictures. And an Ann Dem jacket for $18?! Wow!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Zam's pieces look and sound interesting, hopefully I'll see people wearing some when I'll be in nyc :)

As for myself, after a few months of peddling mobiles, I finally got one for myself. Went for the SE s500i which is rather gimmicky, but I like it.

[quote user="Faust"]

On a different note, I feel good about not buying anything in the month of July [57]. I am trying not to be persuaded by bargains I don't need or not really want. Of course YOOX clearance should be soon, so that all might change [61]

I did buy a pair of boots for my daughter though. Stunning [:O]

[/quote]

I haven't bought anything for two months and it's great :) i spent all my money on vacationing instead... maybe fall will bring in the buying spirit and hopefully more money.. haha

CR, vacationing is pretty much the best way to spend one's cash!

Not really recent purchases, but these arrived:

- LMaltieri gray/black/purplish freeform hat (not losing this one this time!)

- CCP black dangle cuff button up shirt (this is THE best fitting shirt I have ever worn. Hands down.)

- CCP gray overlock short sleeve tee

I also managed to order the gray Rick Owens shearling (thanks again Johnny.... your Good Finds posting of this piece was a mindblower! I tried to order another one for a friend after I placed mine and I couldn't get the transaction to ship outside of the UK! So weird that it only let one order through!)

Also got the drape front shearling RO jacket for my girlfriend. A little gift for her as I know she's been wanting a leather jacket for winter for some time now.

PS- Johnny, please check your pm :)

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

great pickups, everyone! albert, you've got to post a pic of the ccp shirt(s)! sounds like everyone got a killer deal on the Rick shearlings, beautiful piece for a/w...

my recent pickups:

- Rick Owens 1-button blazer
    - DRKSHDW black waxed jeans (thanks faust!)
    - DRKSHDW l/s t-shirt (f/w 06)
    - L.G.B. l/s t-shirt (s/s 07)
    - Y's for Men tan linen blazer (thanks rach2jlc!)
    - Purple Label double-rings belt
    - Neil Barrett dark grey/green buffalo leather boots
    - Jan & Carlos cargo pants w/ calf leather details (s/s 07)
    - The Viridi-Anne charcoal snap-collar vest (f/w 07/08)
    - Geoffrey Young leather/suede reversible belt (f/w 07/08)
    - Gustavo Lins cashmere/wool/leather overcoat (looking to sell,please another SZ'er pick this up!)
    - Volga Volga cotton/cashmere/wool l/s shirt (brown/black)

Nice sprees, Albert and Kev. I'm glad the jeans worked out, Kev.

Albert, you gotta do this old school style attachment for the hat. I remember when I was a kid my Mom would sue an elastic string to my mittens and pull it through my jacket's sleeves - this was I never lost them. You need to come up with something like that for your hat ;-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

/\ We should start a "Soviet children style" thread, complete with pictures.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine