Thread: Your recent purchases

oh my... don't dye them! This color is just beautiful
    Quote Originally Posted by tellure View Post
    Guidi back-zips in horse. Leather on these is beautiful but they turned out a lot lighter than expected (custom ordered). Seems like every time I try to get into quality footwear it doesn't work out.. sigh.

agreed. do not dye! awesome boots.
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

he doesn't want to dye them
    he wants to sell them
    both of the pairs that didn't "work out"

Oh I think they're a nice color. But he likes the boots and doesn't like the color. why take a a loss in reselling them when he can just dye them a color he prefers.

The only reason new members post something they don't like in Recent Purchases is in hopes that someone will contact them with an offer.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    The only reason new members post something they don't like in Recent Purchases is in hopes that someone will contact them with an offer.
    T.R.U.T.H.

Quote Originally Posted by qazwsx View Post
    I've been searching for this viridi anne's shearling for a long long time...
    {the one on the right]

Found it somewhere available for a reasonable price but i was broke then....

however my wealthy friend said he liked it and he just bought it..of course, for himself.

anyways, it arrived few days ago and i just jumped on it

it's super warm. i can just wear a tank or a Tshirt underneath and expose myself in the -10c air without shivering.
    leather is really smooth. it looks thick yet the thickness all comes from the fur lining. leather itself isn't as thick as i thought before.
    well, the fur lining isn't as comfortable as i imagined.
    it's not mine anyways
    :P
    you know the "guy on the right" is thethief right?

I think those boots look perfect, won't they darken with age and wear?

YYPH 3 button wool blazer:

YYPH Oversized cotton shirt:

Taralis spiral zip boots:
    Life is a hiiighway

Agreed the color on those boots is awesome, it's just not what I was going for. Here's a 988 with the same color code I ordered, which is a lot darker. Guess I learned my lesson about the variation to expect from Guidi's dye process.

And yeah I could certainly get them dyed, but I think they would lose the great variation and texture of the coloring and they'd end up more of a flat solid color. I think I'd be better off just ordering a darker color.

Apologies if this is starting to get off-topic.. can move this to the Guidi thread.

You can always asked the retailer you got them from if they can ask Guidi to adjust the colour for you. The wait will be much less time, especially if you need to sell these before you place another order. Also a new order might end up with a different shade of colour to what you want anyways, then you'll have another new headache.

It's too bad you didn't get photos of the boots first, I ordered a leather jacket last year which arrived to the store in December and was e-mailed photos. The colour wasn't as dark as expected, since I ordered black lol . The store said they could get the jacket sent back to have the colour adjusted which would take 4-6 weeks.

Eagerly waiting for it now.

Quote Originally Posted by cowsareforeating View Post
    :P
    you know the "guy on the right" is thethief right?
    now i know. stylish mothafaka.

the pic was removed : ( i think he or someone else minds that.

^
    that guidi colour is so dope. It'll look great with a pair of pitch black pants imo
    "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Excellent purchase on those Taralis boots, Vanna. They're the ones with the wedged, squared-off sole from a couple of seaons ago, right? If so, they're aweseome - I ordered those from LN-CC at some point, but got the sizing wrong. Sort of crushing, really. I hope you post something to Waywt.

Quote Originally Posted by Raw View Post
    You can always asked the retailer you got them from if they can ask Guidi to adjust the colour for you. The wait will be much less time, especially if you need to sell these before you place another order. Also a new order might end up with a different shade of colour to what you want anyways, then you'll have another new headache.

It's too bad you didn't get photos of the boots first, I ordered a leather jacket last year which arrived to the store in December and was e-mailed photos. The colour wasn't as dark as expected, since I ordered black lol . The store said they could get the jacket sent back to have the colour adjusted which would take 4-6 weeks.

Eagerly waiting for it now.
    Guidi makes jackets?
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

he might've meant some other jacket, but Guidi actually does make a few jackets together with Layer-0.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Interesting.

Yeah not guidi, will try to post pics when it arrives.

Although, the colour was interesting as well, but I just wanted it deep black. Should I post the pics in the Archives section? It's most likely the variation in shade of colouring might not be seen again.

Jin

just receive this amazing jutneck from darkbydesign
    thank you, R

it stands / it walks

it creaks / it fits

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Guidi makes jackets?

for example, you can see it here: http://shop.hlorenzo.com/preview.php/men/guidi/5

and here: http://www.hide-m.com/layer-0-for-guidi-l-2.html