Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sargon97
    • Jan 2009

Just received these from barneys NY. I was told by the SA that they were the destroyed black on black so imagine my surprise to find these. The black on white have been one of my grails and I did not think they were being made anymore.

These have to be the stiffest boots I have ever worn and the toe box is narrower than my Canvas over leathers and other older Augustas. I'm normally a EU 45 or Augusta 10.

I'll wear them around the house for a few days and hopeful I can stand the pain till the loosen up, otherwise they will have to go back

(photo from the interwebs)

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

toebox was very narrow this season, mine are killing me after 7 wearings still

Comment

• shah
        • Jul 2009

Comment

• premierminister
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
          banner day. got the wife the below rick leather in black as early xmas gift and she "isn't sure about it"...

then, my "new" mmm oxfords came from yoox with obvious wear marks all over the bottoms.
          I bought exactly the same style for my girlfriend last week from Antonioli, but in "darkshadow"!

Comment

• sargon97
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
            toebox was very narrow this season, mine are killing me after 7 wearings still
            Length seems ok, just the width.

With regard to your gift, if she's not comfortable wearing it, better send it back as it may just sit in the closet. At least thats been my experience. Clothes are a very personal thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faust View Post
              well, not everyone is into fashion - you have to respect other people's tastes (i mean those who are close to you), even when you think they are inferior to yours. we are so used to this style that we think nothing, but for plenty of people wearing this rick leather would be uncomfortable, maybe even intimidating.
              you mention the obvious. i was just showing my support for kunks action.

Comment

• cuddly
                • Sep 2007

that rick jacket is a classic design and probably the most popular among the womens line. it looks great on most that fits the body type. i've seen alot more women in the city wearing that jacket over the years. probably because of the exposure from celebs in the mags.

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

yeah, well the way she's acting this weekend it may be her funeral garb.

Comment

• neonrider
                    • Jan 2008

^ lol. my gf had a similar reaction to a slightly different rick leather. she spent 2 hrs in the shop in luv with it. but too "intimidated" by it in the end. maybe it's not so uncommon.

sargon, nice anti-mistake!!
                    ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

• david s
                      • Jul 2010

@ Sargon : you should take your boots to a cobbler and have them stretched on the width they should be able to give you a bit more room, of course that depends on how tight they are.

If they are unbearably painful then stretching them would probably do nothing. If the pain is more along the lines of "I can walk, but damn it's good to have them off" I would say stretch them.

/d
                      It's absolutely Hedious!
                      shy poser

Comment

• cuddly
                        • Sep 2007

and i thought women take more risks in fashion than men do..then again women are always going to be more critical.

Originally posted by neonrider View Post
                        ^ lol. my gf had a similar reaction to a slightly different rick leather. she spent 2 hrs in the shop in luv with it. but too "intimidated" by it in the end. maybe it's not so uncommon.

sargon, nice anti-mistake!!

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

she really was being a fucking jerk too, said i got her something that was my style and not hers and therefore not thoughtful :/

I guess going to 6 stores to find it in a 34 was not thoughtful too. Oh well, return it and fund some ccp I guess.

Comment

• DmD
                            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by neonrider View Post
                            Interesting. I wonder what % on this site are in the same situation regarding their gf/bf/spouse? My wife is much more conservative about fashion and has often rejected items that I would have loved to buy her. I learned long ago not to push my fashion tastes on her - and that it's a remarkably fine line between suggesting and pushing.

Comment

• sargon97
                              • Jan 2009

^ I agree. My wife has a basically new MA+ pressed bag thats been worn like 2x. Every time I offer to sell it she says no and wears it once .

Oh well I guess it will be mine someday .

Lets see how this xmas gift goes, at least I got her a RO that she seemed to really like if it were not so, "overpriced".

I think with this sort of thing you have to be patient, offer to have her try on things, rather than push them.

Kunk its easy to get mad, esp when one puts such thought into things. I guess I try and think of it this way, I would not be happy being pushed into some item that could "color up" my wardrobe.

Comment

• eton97
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by DmD View Post
                                Interesting. I wonder what % on this site are in the same situation regarding their gf/bf/spouse? My wife is much more conservative about fashion and has often rejected items that I would have loved to buy her. I learned long ago not to push my fashion tastes on her - and that it's a remarkably fine line between suggesting and pushing.
                                100% the same experience.....my wife is also more conservative in her fashion...I bought her a stunning RO boiled wool jacket at L'ec last time we were there that she has worn once and always uses the excuse that its to0 hot to wear it etc etc...also took her to DSM and tried to talk her into a pair of PH shoes that were stunning, but she said she could buy 4 pairs for that price - we actually had an argument about it

And got in trouble with her last night as i was on the phone to a certain store in the US till 1am discussing a pair of LUC paper j-pants.....DMD....i believe she wants to speak to you about the incident!

I constantly lie about the cost of things anyway and she still gasps at my fake 50% prices

and thats why i never have a WAYWT pic....there is no way she will take a photo...she thinks I am strange enough discussing fashion on a forum

It funny that we get annoyed that they don't want an item even when we are willing to pay the $$ for it. I wish somebody wanted to spend their cash on me.

I wonder if we push our fashion tastes on our partner to make ourselves feel better about our purchases?

better go before i piss her off again, but she's watching 'strictly come dancing' so i have a good excuse
                                you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎