X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

yeah, i am sure 90% of my wife's friends think i am a closet case because of how i dress. their husbands all wear dockers.

Comment

• plasmoplas
      • Sep 2010

If wanted to pick up girls I would certainly tone down the eccentricity. But then again, I'm not looking for an 'average' girl anyway.

Be yourself, feel good about yourself, blah blah blah, you'll be happier in the long run.

*edit: buying a girl something she won't wear is money poorly spent. unless you like looking at how full her closet is :) better off getting inspired by the 'interesting and unusual gift ideas' thread - at least it won't sit in the dark 364 days of the year!

Comment

• These stories are making my heart ache. If I was gifted a RO leather, I would probably faint out of happiness.

But yeah, pushing a style on someone is never a good idea. As long as your spouses are letting you do your own thing, you should be happy.

In the meanwhile, if you got some extra RO leathers hanging in the closet, you can pm me for donations. ;)

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

my response to her was less eloquent but i told her i would have pooped myself if i unwrapped an ro leather.

Originally posted by flux View Post
          These stories are making my heart ache. If I was gifted a RO leather, I would probably faint out of happiness.

)

Comment

• neonrider
            • Jan 2008

^lol. last xmas i got my girl a lanvin dress (one of the nicer ones). she really gave me hell for it.

conversely: i'm now being asked subtly to try "regular" (fit?) jeans and shirts, especially when we hang out with friends (kunk, this is your dockers effect).

you can't push your own style. but can you push style?
            ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

• graydot
              • Aug 2009

i've had the opposite experience. i gifted my gf an RO leather last christmas and she doesn't take it off. bought her an RO tote bag and whenever we visit her mom she asks why i never buy her beautiful presents. i've set the bar pretty high now because my gf pretty much expects fashionable shit. still trying to figure out how to continue to buy her gifts she likes (that also suit my taste in fashion) without foregoing purchases for myself.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

My wife and I have a truce.............she knows im a madman, so she lets me do what I want because any pressure on her part only increases my insanity.

she inst concern about prices because she knows how difficult and expensive it is to put a collection together and do all it takes to sell it, so she appreciates or at least respects designer prices.

early on, I pretty much decided to leave her dressing alone and for her to leave mine alone.............except when she pesters me to make her something to wear...........
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

great discussion. eton gave the same presentation in person to my wife and I, it was quite hilarious

I'm quilty of "rounding down" prices occasionally as well, but oddly enough my wife has become somewhat of an enabler recently. I might grimace at a price tag and she tells me its not that bad etc
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• swami
                    • Jul 2008

My wife is a crazy enabler too, I normally bring her in to the store when Iam guilty about a purchase as a second opinion and she somehow justifies the expense, this way I never have too LOL

Her biggest issue with my dress is she thinks all my clothes look alike and that I need to have a little more diversity.

Comment

• messenoire
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by swami View Post
                      My wife is a crazy enabler too, I normally bring her in to the store when Iam guilty about a purchase as a second opinion and she somehow justifies the expense, this way I never have too LOL

Her biggest issue with my dress is she thinks all my clothes look alike and that I need to have a little more diversity.
                      i get both of these. explaining differences in cuts/fabric choice/details is a bit tasking when a lot of people see "black shirt/black trousers". i on the other hand am the enabler when it comes to opinions for loved ones friends.

Comment

• MikeN
                        • Nov 2007

Remind me to never get married.

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                          Remind me to never get married.
                          you should, its beautiful misery...............

Also, coming to pay you a visit sometime this week

will call you later or tomorrow
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I have stopped caring about what others think - if they cannot get pass my appearance to find out what's inside, then they are either shallow or insecure. I find this a very curious case of reverse snobbery, those very people who claim not to care about clothes and generally look like shit judge you by your appearance more than you judge them. It's pretty bizarre.

The problem with people interested in fashion is that fashion is considered, not without reason, of course, to be shallow. What most people don't understand is that there is a crucial difference between paying attention to what one wears and judging someone based on what one wears.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• swami
                              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              I have stopped caring about what others think - if they cannot get pass my appearance to find out what's inside, then they are either shallow or insecure. I find this a very curious case of reverse snobbery, those very people who claim not to care about clothes and generally look like shit judge you by your appearance more than you judge them. It's pretty bizarre.

The problem with people interested in fashion is that fashion is considered, not without reason, of course, to be shallow. What most people don't understand is that there is a crucial difference between paying attention to what one wears and judging someone based on what one wears.
                              Best of SZ

Comment

• messenoire
                                • Nov 2009

well said, faust.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎