• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="Faust"]

/\ I am going after work. Was there anything else that caught your eye?

It's a good piece, a classic - you'll have to be careful with the color though. I wish Margiela would go back to using the chunky RY zippers - I think they were half the allure of the jacket.

[/quote]

Yea those zipper (heads) Kinda suck........ I have a similar Jacket i am making for myself, and i am using the Riri Zippers in Antique Brass with Black heavy Cotton..........

I notice CCP uses also these Zippers in some of his Boots....... its a shame because his boots are so nice he should use RiRi zippers

that aside its a nice jacket though........for me personally I just dont wear anything white (except t shirts and dress shirts) as i dont feel comfortable in it, ..... I had some white pieces that i never wore and ended up giving them away......

BTW what did you snag in Antwerp Faust?

I sm excited to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="gusgusterson"]

I really like the white!

Are the rider's jackets always Line 14?

I saw two men on (two) vintage Vespas and (two different) Margiela leather jackets a few weeks back. It was a funny mishmash of mod and Belgian and fabulous that ended up working.

[/quote]

That's a good question. I think lately I've seen them only from 14, although the line is only a few years old.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

Here's the damage from yesterdays gluttony.

music

Comment

• Buckwheat
          • Sep 2006

casius and explicit - great looking CCP shoes. Makes me want a pair too. Are they true to size?

Faust - sorry about your coat. That season of Junya has to get at least one size up.

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

[quote user="Buckwheat"]

casius and explicit - great looking CCP shoes. Makes me want a pair too. Are they true to size?

Faust - sorry about your coat. That season of Junya has to get at least one size up.

[/quote]

Buckwheat- Not at all. I wear a 11.5-12 US, and I got an 11 and they are a 'tad' bit big, nothing dramatic though. I could have easily gone down to a 10 though and stretched the leather some. So 2 sizes down seems about right.
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• explicit
              • Jan 2007

^^^ Yeah, 2 sizes down is the way to go. I wear a 43.5-44 and I picked up a CCP size 9. They fit perfectly.

Casius, you try putting some insoles in them?

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

No, not yet, I probably should though. I kinda wish I could have returned them for 10's but ah well,they are still comfortable. Gentry recommended I wear them around a little before sticking an insole in them.
                Explicit- How much room approximately do you from the tip of the shoe to your big toe? Maybe my fitment issue really isn't an issue at all, and I'm just not used to the pointy toe.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I went to Atelier today to see if they had any Ann's coats left. They did not, but they are starting 40% off tomorrow, so I got the same l/s shirt by Yohji Yamamoto that ddongho got - I love it. They were kind enough to give me the sale price so I don't have to come back.

And I am getting the Ann coat at Barneys - there was nothing in the Boston one, and nothing in the LA one, and I don't want to take any chances, small sizes go quickly.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Yea Faust!! That Ann coat is amazing.

Comment

• Buckwheat
                      • Sep 2006

Thanks guys. I will keep the sizing for reference in the future.

Comment

• mass
                        • Sep 2006

does that bag come in a bigger size?

Comment

• mass
                          • Sep 2006

doh, of course. cheers.

damn that is exactly the type of bag i have been looking for, but in canvas. T:

i guess i'll email them tomorrow about how much it costs... but does anyone know offhand? i'm assuming in the 600-700 range? damn i'm sleepy.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Merz, I'm pretty sure they still have it. I don't think it's going on sale though (at least not now).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Guys, we are now "official." Office Depot was having a sale for business cards (250 of them for .99c), so I couldn't resist, lol. I'll snap a picture when they arrive. BTW, if someone is running a side business (like Albert), maybe it's worth taking advantage? Here is a link, just in case. They are very basic, but for .99c shipped, who cares?

http://www.officedepot.com/textSearc...76662&x=1&y=12

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                                • Nov 2006

I already feel more important.....best $1 ever spent

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎