• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

Thanks for the link Faust!

I may have to take advantage of that now or in the future... great idea! Congrats as well on your Yohji purchase. I'm sure this weekend will prove to be a fruitful one for Atelier... a 40% off sale combined with them photographing everything in stock is going to go a long way towards everything selling well!

Not really new news but my father arrived in Berlin today and brought all my US-based purchases here for me! The MA+ aviator jacket is drop dead stunning/amazing/everything in one. The construction is truly completely done by hand and all the little quirks and details confirm it. The stitchwork is eons above anything I've ever seen. If there is one left at A, just look on the inside edge of the zippers. The super tight "overlock" used on a lot of the seams is also just damn amazing.

The MA+ belts are lovely as expected and will get some heavy rotation soon hehe. Just today I got the CCP overlock blue jeans with asymm seamed butt and they're lovely. Sliiightly tight in the waist but nothing that won't work itself out. I wasn't thrilled about the cut when laid out at first but once worn everything changed. The current season dark gray boots are also killer although Poell apparently decided to get closer to true size and so the boots are 1/2 a size smaller than my older pair that is stamped the same size.

A word of warning to all those considering boot purchases this season from Poell!

Photos soon... after London/Paris!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

Got the Ann D. asymmetric zip hoodie at Atelier today, went in looking for that gorgeous cardigan jun is wearing in WAYT but they only had M which was way too big. But, the hoodie is great and super soft. They had lots of them but I may have taken the last XS.
      music

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

Poell's sizing is damn right weird....lol

Cool that your Pops came out to Berlin, I'm sure you guys will have a wonderful time! Also, can't wait for some pictures, especially some detail shots of the hoodie from +.

Some recent purchases for me as well....
        *no pics, yet.

Not a new purchase, but I am exchanging the poells for another size (the oxford sizing is weird! exchanging for a 10 and crossing my fingers)
        -Rick Owens leather jacket (barneys sale, last XL! [:D]
        -CCP asymmetrical grey/green/navy check long sleeve shirt
        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

[quote user="casem83"]Got the Ann D. asymmetric zip hoodie at Atelier today, went in looking for that gorgeous cardigan jun is wearing in WAYT but they only had M which was way too big. But, the hoodie is great and super soft. They had lots of them but I may have taken the last XS.
          [/quote]

what's the price on the demeulemeester cardigan and zip hoody?
          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

With 40% off plus tax the hoodie was $299. I don't remember exactly on the cardi, I want to say it was in the $600-700 range before the 40% off.
            music

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]Got the Ann D. asymmetric zip hoodie at Atelier today, went in looking for that gorgeous cardigan jun is wearing in WAYT but they only had M which was way too big. But, the hoodie is great and super soft. They had lots of them but I may have taken the last XS.
              [/quote]

Lovely purchase Casem! I'm surprised you didn't pick up the cardi anyways seeing how you had your Cloak shirt altered completely at Jeffrey's before. The cardi shouldn't be any more difficult no? Or does the asymmetry of the construction lend to a more difficult alteration?

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Poell's sizing is damn right weird....lol

Cool that your Pops came out to Berlin, I'm sure you guys will have a wonderful time! Also, can't wait for some pictures, especially some detail shots of the hoodie from +.

Some recent purchases for me as well....

*no pics, yet.

Not a new purchase, but I am exchanging the poells for another size (the oxford sizing is weird! exchanging for a 10 and crossing my fingers)

-Rick Owens leather jacket (barneys sale, last XL! [:D]

-CCP asymmetrical grey/green/navy check long sleeve shirt

[/quote]

You got the RO leather jacket!!! Nice!!! Were the jackets cut small this season? You and I (I think) are about the same size and my RO leather jacket is a L. Regardless. Lovely lovely buy and congrats!

The Poell sizing is definitely weird. We end up having to put a lot of trust in the SA's when ordering. I wore my boots around the apartment (yes... paired with some Adidas mesh basketball shorts and a camo tee with the word "destroy" across the chest in white... totally baller) today and I think they're slowly breaking in some. I remember having some pain in my left foot when I first wore my black pair after I got them and after the break-in period I can walk in the all day (no insoles) with no problem at all.

Good luck with the oxford exchange. Glad A was happy to do it for you. They're good guys there. I returned the kangaroo leather alien gloves a while back (after having them for quite some time) and they were more than happy to take it back for store credit no problem.

Lookin forward to waywt posts from everyone here!

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

Yea, I think the fit is too complicated to try to alter. I usually don't like to alter things, but the shirt I got at Jeffery (it was KVA actually) was the only one anywhere in the city and they did it all for free. It turned out great, but I would be nervous messing with something like that cardigan.

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

[/quote]

Lovely purchase Casem! I'm surprised you didn't pick up the cardi anyways seeing how you had your Cloak shirt altered completely at Jeffrey's before. The cardi shouldn't be any more difficult no? Or does the asymmetry of the construction lend to a more difficult alteration?

[/quote]
                  music

Comment

• xcoldricex
                    • Sep 2006

ah shit. a's having a 40% off sale? i still have $300 to burn there... any recommendations? :)

Comment

• Buckwheat
                      • Sep 2006

I ordered 2 pairs of Yohji pants this morning from A.

I wanted to get the suspender shirt too but they only have a size 2 left, which is a size small.

Thanks again for the discount alert guys.

Comment

• deuxmille
                        • Nov 2006

You know it by know Bucketwheat, but I'm totally jealous! ;)

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Yea Albert, I'm borderline medium/large and the Rick Owens leathers run SMALL! I want to be able to layer some stuff underneath and zip it up whenever needed. Got it from good ol' Boston too. [:D]

And yea, the guys at A are great. I seriously had one of the guys stumped today with the sizing of the Poells. lol Get this, the sole length on the 11 is 13.5, size 10 is 13, and size 9 12.5.....not much difference. He and I were laughing trying to figure out what would work best and he said if the 10 doesn't work, then I'll send 'em back for the 9. I guess that's the problem when ordering stuff over the phone/online.

Buckwheat- Great purchases! Too bad they didn't have the suspender shirt in your size, it's a really cool looking shirt. Those leather lace ups are quite nice too; Love how the leather goes down around the heel, very nice, subtle touch.
                          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Tiger
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2006

hey Buckweat, did u get the price for the suspender shirt? i think i might snatch it if the price is right. thanks in adv.

Comment

• deuxmille
                              • Nov 2006

[quote user="Jun"]hey Buckweat, did u get the price for the suspender shirt? i think i might snatch it if the price is right. thanks in adv.[/quote]

According to Bucketwheat, the orginal price was 500$.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Albert, that MA hoodie is a piece of art - I am glad you are not disappointed.

Coldrice, there is a lot of stuff left. Yohji pants are awesome and could fit the bill, of Ann hoodie that casem got. It looks like I might be back there this weekend to check out some stuff for the international SZ contingent. BTW, if anyone not US-based needs something, I can help you out. I have a very good relationship with A.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎