Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thehouseofdis
    • Jan 2010

^ Nice. I haven't seen the Patti Smith tank tops in that color before.

I love the leather "sock" effect. Where'd you find them?

@premierminister - you should keep the trousers.
    THE HOUSE OF DIS
    embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• michael_kard
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by thehouseofdis View Post
      ^ Nice. I haven't seen the Patti Smith tank tops in that color before.

I love the leather "sock" effect. Where'd you find them?

@premierminister - you should keep the trousers.
      V-neck tank and shoes are from Ebay, and the Patti Smith tank from Rakuten (I basically signed up there just to get it).

In my opinion, the sock part of the shoes is most interesting. It's very soft, so when the laces are tied around it it takes the shape of the ankle and gives the shoe an almost gladiator sandal feel, which balances well with its chunky front (I think the front of later sneakers is a slimmer).

...I just can't wait for summer
      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

didn't keep
        Last edited by cjbreed; 08-04-2011, 01:25 PM.
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• jogu
          • Jun 2009

premierminister i agree with eternal keeeeep em they look pretty good

Comment

• theaddict
            • Apr 2008

Sorry mate, idiomatic mistakes...I wanted to say "tall" instead of "big"...

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
            they are all tall and skinny as can be
            Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
              • Oct 2010

I always love fuuma's buys...he seems to have an eye for excellent design in, for me, new places.

Sick Sarti Faust...and nicely nice, ugh. I should stop reading this thread.

As for Chucks, I've never had a pair that didn't kill my feet. Not very ergonomic. Now my Margiela oxfords look like they would be hell to break in, but never had to break them in. One would have thought it would have been a reverse situation.

MBD
              "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
              It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
              My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                • Oct 2010

And CJ, congrats on the derbies! Are the insoles sent on the side, or is that an extra set of outsoles? Did not get that with my Hockeyes. Sob.

MBD
                "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• eton97
                  • Dec 2008

MBD - all the CCP i've seen come with the separate insoles
                  you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• bestial
                    • Jun 2008

^ separate too small insoles. :(

MDB look if the insole in your shoes are loose, the seller could've sold them with the soles put in.

Comment

• widmerpool
                      • Nov 2010

There's always going to be people making shoes that look like Converse, but are actually they right shape for human feet.
                      http://asteroidanxiety.bandcamp.com

Comment

• rudo
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                        ^ separate too small insoles. :(
                        I guess I wasn't the only one with the small CCP insole problem, which is just stupid. I love the shoe, but please put in the correct insole for the shoe. I ended up using some cheap leather insole I was able to get my hands on, or is there a way to make a small insole thing work?

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by wire.artist
                          Fuuma explained it well already. I meant more like a piece of industrial design, it's one of those designs that are so good that people forget that they were once designed. Like lollypops!

The construction is much worse now, but its simplicity is refreshing from my designer/architect point of view.

I understand that they are now linked to several subcultures, trends, etc...but their quality to integrate in almost any wardrobe it's outstanding. I don't wear them myself much, I prefer chunky shoes. So I got a pair cdgh+ creeper chucks ie double soled.
                          true!
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by rudo View Post
                            I guess I wasn't the only one with the small CCP insole problem, which is just stupid. I love the shoe, but please put in the correct insole for the shoe. I ended up using some cheap leather insole I was able to get my hands on, or is there a way to make a small insole thing work?
                            One explanation is that the insoles goes in the same dying batch and due to being different leather it shrinks more then the shoe. We all know that sizing on xxx differs from shoe to shoe.

But... he could just .. don't do that and send soles that fits.

Option # 2 is that they have the insoles ready in "the right size" and that the outcome of the shoes don't really correspond to that.

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

its indeed a mystery.. I don't know if there is some twisted logic to it, but personally I never use the insoles anyway, they make the shoe too tight.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
                                • Jun 2008

A mad mans logic (maybe the pain it gives the first walks to have the stiff edge of the too small soles nagging at your heel making the blood stop flowing and the heel "falls to sleep").

I have childs feet and if I don't use the insoles they feel too big (and to get a sz 5 is almost impossible haha).

Of course it's only to buy new ones, but it's strange to send stuff with the shoes that is obviously too small.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎