• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

Fuck yea, Casius - welcome to the club. Looks perfect on you.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

that rick owens leather jacket is awesome casius!
      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Congrats Cas! I know you've been wanting one for a while and glad one made it to sale for you!
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

Thanks for all the kind words fellas, I am extremely happy with the purchase.
          Just waiting for one more item to come in and I'll post some more pics of a few recent purchases and maybe something in WAYWT, lol. [:)]

And Albert, yea I've been drooling over one for quite some time, so I was stoked when I got the last one in my size from good ol' Barneys!
          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• irrlicht
            • Jan 2007

[quote user="nambla"]

wtf u got the ann d boots on ebay? how much were they?

[/quote]

yeah they are from ebay.. the good finds thread here works wonders :)

went for a bit less than $400. well worth it..

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

[quote user="merz"]

Hey Casius, can you give me a hint on how the sizing works with those owens leathers? In the market for the grey washed calf (if I can even find one at this point..) but what chance do i have of finding something like a 44? ;p

thanks.

[/quote]

Actually, you could probably go with a Small (am I right that a 44 is equivalent to a XSmall?). And I believe you shouldn't have too hard of a time finding that at Barneys or even Atelier for 40% off. The only trouble you might have is finding that exact color. If all else fails, you can always call the flagship store in Paris.
              The sizing does run really small this season (I sized up to an XL and I usually wear a Medium or Large in other brands).

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Agreed. Rick's sizing is so small - you shouldn't have a problem, merz. As a matter of fact, you are one of the few lucky ones who can fit into a small, so I may be able to find you one at a good price.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• macuser3of5
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]This is what came in the mail today.....
                  [/quote]
                  Between this and the RO shearling earlier, man, the only leather jacket I would consider getting would probably be one of Owens'.

Comment

• mesh
                    • Dec 2006

I like the jacket, just hate how it bubbles out like that in the back. My polos that are too wide fit like that too drives me nuts so I don't buy anythign that fits like that.

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

[quote user="mesh"]I like the jacket, just hate how it bubbles out like that in the back. My polos that are too wide fit like that too drives me nuts so I don't buy anythign that fits like that.[/quote]

I thought the same thing as well, but even after wearing this for a little bit and sitting against my chair, it is somewhat conformed to my body already. As pictured on A's site, whoever's modeling the jackets has his hands in the front pockets pulling it forward, heheh. Zippered up though, it is damn snug, but contours to the body impeccably, I think that's why it billows out in the back.

Merz- Faust works magic...haha. Good luck finding it man!

Comment

• mesh
                        • Dec 2006

[quote user="Casius"][quote user="mesh"]I like the jacket, just hate how it bubbles out like that in the back. My polos that are too wide fit like that too drives me nuts so I don't buy anythign that fits like that.[/quote]

I thought the same thing as well, but even after wearing this for a little bit and sitting against my chair, it is somewhat conformed to my body already. As pictured on A's site, whoever's modeling the jackets has his hands in the front pockets pulling it forward, heheh. Zippered up though, it is damn snug, but contours to the body impeccably, I think that's why it billows out in the back.

Merz- Faust works magic...haha. Good luck finding it man!

[/quote]

Ah good to hear then. The first thing I check when trying on sweaters and mainly jackets is the back. I immediately rotate to see it, too tight is no good either.

Comment

• analog
                          • Dec 2006

I really like the way it billows out at the back; IMO that's part of the look. I prefer a jacket to have a different silhouette when open vs. closed.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

I dont see how a properly fitting jacket could be absolutely flat in the back when worn open? if it would be, it wouldn't be closeable

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="analog"]I really like the way it billows out at the back; IMO that's part of the look. I prefer a jacket to have a different silhouette when open vs. closed.
                              [/quote]

I agree.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="merz"]

[quote user="Faust"]Agreed. Rick's sizing is so small - you shouldn't have a problem, merz. As a matter of fact, you are one of the few lucky ones who can fit into a small, so I may be able to find you one at a good price.
                                [/quote]

????

this thing here..

with that sorted i'm ready to pay up the retail, but if you can help me in finding a better deal on it I'd be beyond grateful.

[/quote]

All right. Save your pennies. :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎