X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

Thanks Faust--I have a few Chalayan dresses that I am going to wear them with; and I think they will be really good with culottes and my pasha pants (as my boyfriend calls them).

Droogist--You know I love that dress!

I hope the shoes fit me--I haven't received them yet. That slip-on/backless style is always a little difficult, but these look like they would hold your feet very well. What was off about the fit for you?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• droogist
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Very pretty, droogist! I have a feeling you posted this picture before - was this dress on your wishlist?
      [/quote]It was indeed, but that particular wishlist was strictly mental...I think the pic got posted quite a bit on tFS (subsequently sparking a flurry of interest in the dress), so perhaps that's why it looks familiar.

laika - the shoes in my normal size were too wide for my feet. When I sought to rectify the problem by sizing down, a tiny sliver of my toe ended up hanging over the edge of the shoe - an exceedingly tiny sliver, but a sliver nonetheless. It was just not meant to be...

Comment

• xcoldricex
        • Sep 2006

great pickup droogist! now all we need is some pictures of you wearing it!

wow. so a bunch of packages finally landed on my doorstep. been quite lucky lately with finding good deals and selling my old clothes.

ann demeulemeester l/s shirt (need to figure out how to wear this)

cdiem purple leather shirt (thanks agent l, fits perfectly)

julius pigskin leather vest
        ccp black cotton taped blazer s/s 03
        aforementioned lmaltieri reversible l/s shirt

lmaltieri purple/brown l/s shirt

Comment

• Agent L
          • Sep 2006

glad it worked out coldrice. I miss it already.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Wow, nice haul! I'd like to see more pictures. I am very envious of that Ann D. top - I would love to own it. If you ever come across another one of these, please let me know!
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• macuser3of5
              • Sep 2006

I've been putting a classically modern, rakish formalwear look together for the past month or so, and here is the final element. I especially like the subtle stripe and dot pattern:

Alexander McQueen shirt

Comment

• darkanimal
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

you're right, dark has the same blazer. i'd like it better without the clover details.

[/quote]

Wow, me and Monty have similar taste. I haven't even worn this yet. The stitching on the pockets, to keep it close, is still there, still waiting for the right occassion or weather. Been raining non-stop.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Wow, nice haul! I'd like to see more pictures. I am very envious of that Ann D. top - I would love to own it. If you ever come across another one of these, please let me know!
                  [/quote]

thanks. will try to get some pictures. i'm still looking for that moon shirt!

Comment

• bellapietra1501
                    • Sep 2006

beautiful c-diem shirt xcoldrice! love the color!

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="macuser3of5"]

I've been putting a classically modern, rakish formalwear look together for the past month or so, and here is the final element. I especially like the subtle stripe and dot pattern:

Alexander McQueen shirt

[/quote]

Great choice!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="droogist"]

[quote user="Faust"]Very pretty, droogist! I have a feeling you posted this picture before - was this dress on your wishlist?
                        [/quote]It was indeed, but that particular wishlist was strictly mental...I think the pic got posted quite a bit on tFS (subsequently sparking a flurry of interest in the dress), so perhaps that's why it looks familiar.

laika - the shoes in my normal size were too wide for my feet. When I sought to rectify the problem by sizing down, a tiny sliver of my toe ended up hanging over the edge of the shoe - an exceedingly tiny sliver, but a sliver nonetheless. It was just not meant to be...

[/quote]

They fit!

On the downside, do I have fat feet?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• droogist
                          • Sep 2006

^ More likely, the fact that they fit indicates that you have normal feet. Mine are the freakish ones. :(

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

My Margiela jacket is finally here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's lovely, although I find the construction to be a bit flimsy. Still, what a steal! And of course it's raining today, so I can't wear it. Booooo!!!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• droogist
                              • Sep 2006

^ The suede one? Didn't you buy that like a year ago...? [:D] Anyway, congrats!

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="droogist"]^ The suede one? Didn't you buy that like a year ago...? [:D] Anyway, congrats!
                                [/quote]

Yep. It was sitting in my neighbors apt. for three days while I was tearing my hair out. But now I have it - it rocks! Thanks.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎