• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mesh
    • Dec 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="mike b"]

I dont see how a properly fitting jacket could be absolutely flat in the back when worn open? if it would be, it wouldn't be closeable

[/quote]

That's bizarre because I own a couple and they don't. Maybe you haven't tried the right ones?

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Alright, so my package showed from good ol' London (The Library) today, so I thought I might post some more pics. These have been all my purchases over the last month or two.

CCP asymmetrical grey w/ navy/green checks. Words can't describe the craftsmanship of this piece, plus it is damn near impossible to capture the subtlety of the asymmetry of the shirt (but I tried). The buttons are nice and thick and are truley exquisite and the fit is spot on.

Rick Owens flat front trousers

Ann D. cotton/linen shirt. This shirt has the most incredible feel to it; It's so light and soft and drapes absolutely perfect!
      The texture of the shirt....tiny little dots.

CCP dark dark green overlock shirt (Albert, the green looks identical to those pants you just bought). This was a Y! Jp buy and I'm stoked with it. I'm a sucker for the overlock stitching Poell has done.

Cheers.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Casius, beautiful purchases. I'm greener with envy than your CCP shirt. [;)]
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

[quote user="mesh"]

That's bizarre because I own a couple and they don't. Maybe you haven't tried the right ones?[/quote]

but do they bunch up in the backthen? cause if you think about, if the jacket is wide enough to close, ie go around your whole body, when you open it you add a gap to the front, the excess circumference needs to go somewhere. maybe some jackets poke out more than others, but I guess the others just bunch up somewhere?

Cas, once again amazing pickups, I'm very jealous :)

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

Beautiful stuff Cas. How did you get the sizes spot on when ordering over seas. It all looks great on you!
            music

Comment

• Jorge Hache
              • Sep 2006

Casius, you're the man!...i envy you [:P]

One question, what size is the Poell shirt you're wearing?, it seems tailor made for you

Comment

• pbt
                • Jan 2007

Haven't posted in ages, but this RO leather inspires me to. Perfect leather IMO. Sil great from the front, and from the side it's perfect, I love the way drapes at the back. Nice pick up.

Comment

• mesh
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="mike b"]

[quote user="mesh"]

That's bizarre because I own a couple and they don't. Maybe you haven't tried the right ones?[/quote]

but do they bunch up in the backthen? cause if you think about, if the jacket is wide enough to close, ie go around your whole body, when you open it you add a gap to the front, the excess circumference needs to go somewhere. maybe some jackets poke out more than others, but I guess the others just bunch up somewhere?

[/quote]

It all depends on how the top block is cut so the gap is equally distributed around the circumference of the waist. I had an ndg coat like that once as well.

Cas the first shirt is definite heat, love the sharpness of the collar.

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Thanks once again guys. The first shirt is a size 52, which fits me perfectly! The dark green shirt is a 50 and fits the same as well, just goes to show you that Carol's sizing varies a tad from past seasons to now. Tony at the Library helped me a lot with the sizing and said the shirts haven't changed in size over the last couple seasons (I told him I had a 52 button down from last Fall's line). But the combination of the high arm holes and straight cut through the torso just make it perfect. The arms are slim though, but the length fits perfectly.

I'm definitely sold on Carol's ability to make great tailored pieces!
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

just gorgeous, Cas....[U]

My recent acquisitions:

With BIG thanks to Zam, for tipping me off (since I never, ever, go to the dreaded Daf), these Dries embroidered silver slippers with ankle ties:

And a sheer tartan comme top that twists around the body, very similar to the red part of this outfit, but *sheer* and *sleeveless*. There was a batsh*t crazy woman at Century who offered me money if I would let her take this for herself. [:S]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Oh Cool laika, good that you got something.

I bought the Converse style sneakers in Black today.......

I am still looking for the size 40-41, the one i bought was 41.5, I bought them as insurance in case i dont find the size i want. After all. i tried them on with my Super insoles and they look nice and are very comfortable.

I will try to post pics............ or see if i can find any on the net.

for anyone who is interested, they still have a number of dries shoes left at the Daffys in SoHo

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Buckwheat
                          • Sep 2006

great pruchases Cas. Really like the CCP shirts. The RO leather jacket is very nice too.

Laika - great purchases as well. Cool CDG top.

I also bought a CDG item recently - a CDG Homme Plus 2 in 1 black blazer from FW 2000 collection.

Comment

• ionn26
                            • Feb 2007

Cas... nice CCP and RO... man.. may be I should start letting go of my CCP and RO .. heheheh... I think you wear it much better than I do...

Love to see the collar of your RO leather jacket.. it has always been a problem for me... I can't wait to get my hand on next season's RO leather jacket...

Although I have to say I never get the idea of Shearling.. is it suppose to keep you warmer than the wool/techno padded jacket??? I have to say the shearling is growing on me a bit... but don't wanna look like brokeback mountain boy... HA

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Yay, Laika! I thought of you when I saw the CDG top at Century, but I figured a) you know about it, or b) you don't want to know about it because it's pretty expensive, but not too much :-) (and those are the worst as we know).

Congrats on the CDG to Buckwheat, too. Was that one on Ebay from a guy in Bklyn? I was contemplating it, but I know I'm just not a blazer guy (I sold my brown Ann Dem one that I bought at IF :-( ).

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• winQ
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2006

More julius whoring, hope they fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰